Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Looking forward to using up some more stuff next wash day......

Should use up the Millennia Mud Reconstructor as well as the Ion Effective Care Reconstructor.:look:

I may finish this Olive Oil Conditioner. I really like this, so, it will be a repurchase at some point after further significant stash reduction.:look:

As you know; I divided up my 16oz Jar Lustrasilk Shea Mango into 3 Separate Jars.

1 w/Olive Oil, 1 w/Coconut Oil and 1 w/Neutral Protein Filler.:look:

So, I will stick with the Lustrasilk and alternate between the 3 variations until it's finish. Will definitely be Steaming with it.

Should use up the Millennia Mud Reconstructor as well as the Ion Effective Care Reconstructor.:look:

I may finish this Olive Oil Conditioner. I really like this, so, it will be a repurchase at some point after further significant stash reduction.:look:

As you know; I divided up my 16oz Jar Lustrasilk Shea Mango into 3 Separate Jars.

So, I will stick with the Lustrasilk and alternate between the 3 variations until it's finish. Will definitely be Steaming with it.

How are you liking this?

I've decided to get this out of my closet and mixed it with AOHSR, a corner of Sitrinillah, and my HOT mix. I think it did a really good job but only because of the other ingredients. I used about 1/2 of the mix but still have 1 and 1/4 jar of Lustrasilk left.

Kerastase is very good - but you probably made the right decision because it ain't cheap! :perplexed

I know I checked the prices out on Drugstore.com but I just want an very Moisturizing thick conditioner that my hair will just suck up under the steamer :lick::lick::lick:

Yet, I can't see myself spending that this month since I am getting my hair done (chemicals and all). Maybe I can gift that to myself later in the year as a treat for succedding in keeping my PJism under control!

:giggle: @ Charz. Only one left of what u asked about, not brand new.

Anyone interested in this L'Anza leave in? I'm not going to use it.

How are you liking this?

I've decided to get this out of my closet and mixed it with AOHSR, a corner of Sitrinillah, and my HOT mix. I think it did a really good job but only because of the other ingredients. I used about 1/2 of the mix but still have 1 and 1/4 jar of Lustrasilk left.

I Originally Purchased this, back when I was pre-pooing and mixing up 'Natural' ingredients. i.e. avacado, honey, molasses, yogurt...(Lustrasilk as a base).

So, I pulled it out and mixed it with the things I listed in my post (to finally use it up) especially since I don't pre-poo or anything like that anymore.:nono:

I thought it worked fine/so-so.:yep: IK there are 'threads' where folx 'swear by it' as a great product.

For me, it's just okay.:yawn: I did re-read the ingredients on the back of the jar, and actually, they are pretty good.:perplexed

I had a blast. David was so excited! He was talking about protective styles and every once was like :blush: :grin:

The Oyin gang are so nice and creative too. They have made independent films and books and actually made money from it. They are model entrepreneurs.

And the way they interacted with the Honey Baby was so sweet. He actually counted the jars on the container and proceed to try to fill them up, like his Mommy and Daddy. He is so smart. They were very patient with him. He has awesome hair too. David kept on talking about it.
im so sad i missed everything. but besides the snow i simply dont know my way from where i live to baltimore. and tryna get back...girl please. i would have ended up in new york. at least dwight has a gps so i take him with me when i go places like that.
but you are so right, the oyin team are very creative. i love their store and the feel of everything. i purchased pierre's book and it is very inspiring, its what pushed me to get back into writing.

my twists already look a week old lmao. but im still gonna keep them in. right now im loving being in twists.it keeps my hands out of my hair and not worry about the thin spots

Last edited:
I do this w/Sazon :look: :fairy:

ETA: I found a bottle of L'Anza KB2 (keratin bond system2) Leave-In Conditioner. Never used it.

If I was stuck on a deserted island and could only have two things, it would be a bottle of conditioner and some Adobo LOL I sprinkle Adobo on EVERYTHING

I Originally Purchased this, back when I was pre-pooing and mixing up 'Natural' ingredients. i.e. avacado, honey, molasses, yogurt...(Lustrasilk as a base).

So, I pulled it out and mixed it with the things I listed in my post (to finally use it up) especially since I don't pre-poo or anything like that anymore.:nono:

I thought it worked fine/so-so.:yep: IK there are 'threads' where folx 'swear by it' as a great product.

For me, it's just okay.:yawn: I did re-read the ingredients on the back of the jar, and actually, they are pretty good.:perplexed

That's why I have it...It was all the rave.:ohwell: I used it for WnGs this past summer after reading Pokahantas thread on it and for $3 I figured it would be decent.

I remember it left my hair dry and crunchy but it was my first product use after my BC and nothing was working well then. Maybe this time around will be different.

Yeah the ingredients are bad in the least.

Yeah the ingredients are bad in the least.

The ingredients were actually alot 'better' than I though (when I re-read them). But it still has a cheap smell and a waxy feel.:look:

So, I am hoping the EVCO, EVOO, and the Protein Filler (And Steam) will kick it up to the next level.

Actually, after I steamed with it, it was fine.:yep:

Definitely won't be a repurchase.:look:

Alot of the ladies are enjoying the new one with the Argan Oil tho':spinning:

The only way I like the Lustrasilk Shea Mango is as a leave in on my twist n curls when I sit under the dryer with it. My hair never dries hard or crunchy. Nice and shiny! Here's an example:
Geisha2.jpg

Geisha3.jpg

The ingredients were actually alot 'better' than I though (when I re-read them). But it still has a cheap smell and a waxy feel.:look:

So, I am hoping the EVCO, EVOO, and the Protein Filler (And Steam) will kick it up to the next level.

Actually, after I steamed with it, it was fine.:yep:

Definitely won't be a repurchase.:look:

Alot of the ladies are enjoying the new one with the Argan Oil tho':spinning:

@bolded- I think that's what I really don't like about this product. Just like different food textures turn people off..."cheap" product textures/consistency are such a turn off:nono:.

I'm good on repurchasing even if it has Argan Oil.

Ps. Shescentit is offering free shipping on orders over $50 code-"shipfree"

ETA: Eisani you hair looks gorgeous.

Last edited:
I'm glad I read your posts cause the Lustrasilk threads are very tempting....I won't bother! :look:

:look: :)
The papaya oil is very light and is nice for the summer and leaves my face feeling very smooth. My skin is getting drier so I will see if if still works for me this summer. The camellia oil is lovely too. With both of these oils a little goes a very long way - I just refill the 15ml sample bottles and just use 3 to 4drops at a time.

Thanks, I'll probably give it a try. :)

That New One with the Argan Oil is $2.99 for 20 ounces:blush:
Yea, I have to place an order from BONY this week for my dad and play sis so I'll just be throwing that new cholesterol in the cart :look:

I'm still having desires to relax. I got really irked earlier when I noticed a broken off section of hair in my crown area :nono: It's clearly broken off, I'm guessing I probably burned it with the flat iron :( Never experienced breakage when texlaxed. I'm giving myself until April to decide whether or not to cut the rest of the relaxer off or just texlax all over again.

Any artists up in here? I'm trying to figure out what my next tattoo is gonna be.

Get small ones, and don't get them on your upper arm. When I wear sleeveless anything it not always pretty or becoming especially in nice pretty dress or when you want to be formal:nono: Rose or flowers

I wish I had some too ltown. I have been really thinking about trying it though. Maybe after I use up this dreaded afroveda curly custard:perplexed

Thanks, I know how you feel. I brought samples of miss jessie hated, and I brought samples of afroveda, don't like the curly custard but the cocolate mask is ok. I really like thick custards.

me either ladies. mine isnt a cold though. my tummy hurts lmao.

Mine Started yesterday actually. First I had 'Chills' then I was Sweaty, Burning up & Achy.

And today, I just had a bad headache. No stomach issues tho' *knock on wood* Glad I stayed home today.

Getting ready for company:look: later on tonight:blush:

Back