Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I got a full weave. None of my hair is out. She did a good job sewing it in, but this fake hair is not for me anymore :(.

How do they sew it in? I know nothing about weaves and wigs.

My hair is two different colors (my hair does it own thing) and its not a 1B or a 2. I didnt leave my hair out because I know its not the texture and color of the weave and Im trying to give myself a break from my hair.

Did you not leave any of your own hair out to blend it?

Im afraid of half wigs because knowing me, it will twist and turn throughout the day and I will walk around thinking im cute and when I get home, my hair is a wreck!

What about getting a half wig WNS?

Maybe you could give it a few more days before you take the weave out Washnset, it would be a shame to take it out so soon. You could always see if you can style it to see if you like it more.

i can't wait to whip my bawdy butter!

at first i was just gonna do cocoa + shea, and now i'm thinking of adding a little avocado, some oils... hrm. :lol:

Just an update on the Anita Grant samples. I loved the virgin coconut and castor oil sample and used it on my ends for 4 weeks. It left them feeling very soft and nourished. I have a tiny amount left and that will be finished by the end of this week.

I washed and conditioned my hair yesterday and left it to air dry overnight. This morning I used the cafe latte with vanilla and it left my hair feeling very soft and gave it a nice sheen. I will use this to seal for the next 3 to 4 weeks until I get my hair redone so I can see how it works for me. Also I love how it smells

at first i was just gonna do cocoa + shea, and now i'm thinking of adding a little avocado, some oils... hrm. :lol:
Some oils will be good with that mix unless you just use a tiny bit of cocoa butter otherwise it may be too hard. I made a body butter concoction for my friend's son which had shea butter, cocoa butter, organic virgin coconut oil and organic extra virgin olive oil. I think avocado oil would work very well in your mix.

Some oils will be good with that mix unless you just use a tiny bit of cocoa butter otherwise it may be too hard. I made a body butter concoction for my friend's son which had shea butter, cocoa butter, organic virgin coconut oil and organic extra virgin olive oil. I think avocado oil would work very well in your mix.

Your mix sounds good. How was the consistency? I plan on whipping continuously for at least an hour.

I also want to add some EO for the scent, but I've never done that before. Will the EO be strong enough to cover the scent of everything else?

I got sweet orange and vanilla; I figured it would go nicely with the scent of the cocoa butter. :yep:

Boy, you know when you just can't be bothered to do your hair..... :ohwell: I'll have to get up early and do it in the morning cause I can't move right now, too tired!

That KBB thread is on fire at the moment, I'm surprised it's still going! :lachen:

Rosalind do you normally buy your stuff from AG? I like her products but I always end up spending a fortune there! :perplexed

I say add the avocado butter:lick: and oil to change the texture make it more creamy easier to melt but still fluffy. I wanna see when you finish:grin:

Your mix sounds good. How was the consistency? I plan on whipping continuously for at least an hour.
I also want to add some EO for the scent, but I've never done that before. Will the EO be strong enough to cover the scent of everything else?
I got sweet orange and vanilla; I figured it would go nicely with the scent of the cocoa butter. :yep:
I added lavender (EO) and coconut (flavor oil)to one of my mixes and it was definitely strong but I didn't have cocoa butter. If you do, add just do a lil at a time to see how it smells. If you have good EOs they can be really strong and you won't have to add a lot. I made my mixes in October and they are still strongly scented even having left the top off a couple of times:perplexed
Oh! I'm just seeing this! Here you go love :)

ETA: Just took another pic, this is what's left. It'll soon be gone :rolleyes:

IMG_0998.jpg

long arse neck having bottle :rofl:

You should do a video for your review and give me a shout out :look: I've never got a shout out on youtube before . . .

If anyone else wanted to try this please mail me some empty jars and I'll fill them for you!

Thank you for this I know now I won't invest in bulk sizes. They look so daunting and overwhelming. I may try my WDT again tonight if I really like it is it okay to send you a container?

Girl, I actually do think I see some red but I am not sure if i am just being dramatic. I only used a teaspoon.
I'm sure you look lovely mkd. I wish I could get color release but my hair is way too dark.

I remember seeing a Fotki with a woman with a really light hair color and it gave her a lot of red but I think she was going for color release. I know she tested it on a small patch first and didn't leave it really long and it changed her hair color.

The consistency was nice. I mix it for 5 minutes then freeze for 5 mins and keep repeating this. I do not add any essential oils to his as my friend told me that his son has he has extremely serious skin allergies (his skin literally will dry up and peel off)

Sweet orange would be nice though. I used this with lemongrass in another cocoction that I made for myself.
Boy, you know when you just can't be bothered to do your hair..... :ohwell: I'll have to get up early and do it in the morning cause I can't move right now, too tired!

That KBB thread is on fire at the moment, I'm surprised it's still going! :lachen:

Rosalind do you normally buy your stuff from AG? I like her products but I always end up spending a fortune there! :perplexed
I used to use her whipped butter and rhassoul condish and they were my staples up until the beginning of 2008 and I used them from when she launched. As I had not purchased anything since then and was just about to be made redundant, I purchased some samples to treat myself :)

Edited to add: I love her papaya oil and camellia kissi oil for my face also and her lippy puckers are divine.

Last edited:
The consistency was nice. I mix it for 5 minutes then freeze for 5 mins and keep repeating this. I do not add any essential oils to his as my friend told me that his son has he has extremely serious skin allergies (his skin literally will dry up and peel off)

Sweet orange would be nice though. I used this with lemongrass in another cocoction that I made for myself.

I used to use her whipped butter and rhassoul condish and they were my staples up until the beginning of 2008 and I used them from when she launched. As I had not purchased anything since then and was just about to be made redundant, I purchased some samples to treat myself :)

Sorry to hear about the redundancy, it's so rough out there. :nono: They say we're at the end of the recession but it doesn't feel like it.

Thank you for this I know now I won't invest in bulk sizes. They look so daunting and overwhelming. I may try my WDT again tonight if I really like it is it okay to send you a container?

Definitely! Just let me know. You can't pm me since I have my pm's on friends only, so just add me if you want some then we can exchange addresses :)

i used anita grants cafe latte on my twists today. im glad the smell doesnt last. it made my hair soft and shiny so i like it.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy, it's so rough out there. :nono: They say we're at the end of the recession but it doesn't feel like it.
The market seems to have picked up and I have had quite a few interviews. I was offered one role but I turned it down as it was not quite right so I am positive

What products do you purchase from Anita Grant?

The market seems to have picked up and I have had quite a few interviews. I was offered one role but I turned it down as it was not quite right so I am positive

What products do you purchase from Anita Grant?

What field are you in?

I've ordered/got:-

Camellia oil
Organic Sapote Oil
Watermelon oil
Babassu shampoo bar (finished)
Monoi de Tahiti butter
Organic Sapote and coconut pomade (finished)

The pomade was too heavy for my hair so I used it my kids natural hair which was perfect for them.

I just got back from the oyin bottling party. I got all this for $43:

Grand poo bar
Shine and define
Whipped shea
(2) 32 ounce honey hemp conditioners
16 ounce honey wash
(3) Funk butter
Frank juice

^ with tax! And dinner! It was such an awesome experience, I got pictures and everything. Honey baby was so cute!

hey, charz, i was just thinking about you! glad you had fun. i'm sad i had to miss out.

i hate my dad sometimes. :ohwell: couldn't depend on him to save my life.

Grand poo bar
Shine and define
Whipped shea
16 ounce honey wash
(3) Funk butter
Frank juice

:lick::drool: I need to know the next time they have a sale like that.

What field are you in?

I've ordered/got:-

Camellia oil
Organic Sapote Oil
Watermelon oil
Babassu shampoo bar (finished)
Monoi de Tahiti butter
Organic Sapote and coconut pomade (finished)

The pomade was too heavy for my hair so I used it my kids natural hair which was perfect for them.
I'm in finance, I'm an accountant :yawn: :look:

I have some sapote oil and will be mixing that with shea butter sometime. I firstly tried the lemon sponge whipped butter but then moved to the monoi de tahiti whipped butter but they are both good.

I got a sample of the Organic Sapote and coconut pomade but ended up using it as a hand cream.

I never tried the watermelon oil but love the papaya oil for my face in the summer and in the winter I use it for my T-zone and use camellia kissi oil for the rest of my face.

Grand poo bar
Shine and define
Whipped shea
16 ounce honey wash
(3) Funk butter
Frank juice

Wow!! That is awesome. I would drive down for an event like that sounds like quite an experience. Especially to see how they operate and meet new people.

Glad you had a good time.

Just an update on the Anita Grant samples. I loved the virgin coconut and castor oil sample and used it on my ends for 4 weeks. It left them feeling very soft and nourished. I have a tiny amount left and that will be finished by the end of this week.

I washed and conditioned my hair yesterday and left it to air dry overnight. This morning I used the cafe latte with vanilla and it left my hair feeling very soft and gave it a nice sheen. I will use this to seal for the next 3 to 4 weeks until I get my hair redone so I can see how it works for me. Also I love how it smells

This jut reminded me to update you all on my own version of AG's Pink Grapefruit Camellia Kissi Seed Oil. Mine works just fine :yep: I only mixed up 1oz of camellia to start, didn't wanna flub the whole batch. Honestly, I just added pink grapefruit EO until it smelled about right :look: I'm terrible at measuring, even when I cook. I really need to start measuring stuff. Yea so anyway, my version was cheaper to make and works just as well!

Grand poo bar
Shine and define
Whipped shea
16 ounce honey wash
(3) Funk butter
Frank juice
:blush: Oh my gee! That's an awesome price for everything.

Where is everyone? Y'all are quiet today :ohwell:

I was trying to put together 2 chairs and 2 tables from Ikea. I still have one computer table to go :nono: That's the downside of buying from Ikea. I was at the mall today and bought some sunglasses. I might take them back because they were expensive :nono: My birthday is Tuesday and I got my state taxes back so I might justify my purchase LOL :grin: Plus all my bills are paid.

Back