Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

ladies,

i am starting to look into butters and even more natural products (like on some fruit and berries tip lol). what do you think would be worth purchasing? what are the must have oils(essential and other)? i have limited funds and cant afford to be greatly disappointed. so far, im thinking of trying to make my own avocado oil to test the waters. i eventually want to make my own face, hair, and body products (not exactly on a large scale though).

Avacado Butter/Oil is Good.:grin: You won't be disappointed.:yep:

Hey Girlie!:hiya2: I was thinking about you yesterday (when I was lurking at work) And Wondered Where you Were?

Glad to see you in this Thread. Glad to see you Posting.:yep:

Awe, thanks! I've been on stress mode for the last couple of weeks (finances were kickin' my behind kung-fu style:spinning:). I got my refund yesterday, and paid my debt off, caught up on bills, and did some shopping, :grin:.

I feel soooooooooooo much better now:yep:. I promise to post more often :grin:.

Great Advice.:grin:

Stay off the Bandwagons. Fully Research Your Products (before you Purchase). Read Up/Study Previous Threads.

And Don't get overwhelmed Buying alot of unnecessary Stuff.:yep:

Thanks for the advice also.

I have just got some megatek, the avocado mist, JBCO, and other bits and bobs. I am going to order some AO stuff and use the existing things I have.
I ordered a steamer on Weds and it is still not here, they promised me 'next day' delivery:sad: Normally I would not mind, but I am so excited and have to get into the challenges soon. My DH has even noticed that my hair is looking a little thicker:yep:

Day36, I am new also, but I always see Coconut Oil, Olive Oil , Jojoba Oil, mentioned on here ? The experts will know:yep:

i think it would be easier for me to tell you what i didn't get! i got lots of samples, though, and maybe 3 full size soaps.

i was gonna go back for their whipped cocoa butter, until i found that it had other things added. i'm going to whip up my own cocoa and shea butter because that's all i want. i'm really working on getting my skin soft and supple for summer and i think those two will help me do it.

There are only about 5-6 Chagrin Valley soaps that I really like. And I've tried all of them, I mean AAAAALLLLLL of them :lol:

Thanks for the advice also.

I have just got some megatek, the avocado mist, JBCO, and other bits and bobs. I am going to order some AO stuff and use the existing things I have.
I ordered a steamer on Weds and it is still not here, they promised me 'next day' delivery:sad: Normally I would not mind, but I am so excited and have to get into the challenges soon. My DH has even noticed that my hair is looking a little thicker:yep:

Day36, I am new also, but I always see Coconut Oil, Olive Oil , Jojoba Oil, mentioned on here ? The experts will know:yep:

thank you hun! dont shy away from giving advice, ill take it from anyone who sounds like they have things together...new, or not. i already use coconut and olive...i just cant seem to justify the price of jojoba (as i feel like if its a reproduction of what i already have, then why pay so much for a little bottle? lol). is the jojoba worth it ladies? T and Robot...i think i shall try this avocado. but, when i have to do strange thangs for some change cuz i gotta keep it in stock...i hope yall will still take me in and love me. :lachen:

lamaravilla...um, may you please school me in the way of the nail jedi? i lurk in the nail fanatics as i am not skilled in polish applications...im trying tho :/

Awe, thanks! I've been on stress mode for the last couple of weeks (finances were kickin' my behind kung-fu style:spinning:). I got my refund yesterday, and paid my debt off, caught up on bills, and did some shopping, :grin:.

I feel soooooooooooo much better now:yep:. I promise to post more often :grin:.

Girl, Trust me, IK how Finances can get you down.:nono:

But Good thing is: You took care of it and got it done.

Now you can Relax. Take a Deep Breath. Take it Easy. And Enjoy Your Hair.:grin:

@2nd Bolded. I Knows where to Find You........:eyebrows2

thank you hun! dont shy away from giving advice, ill take it from anyone who sounds like they have things together...new, or not. i already use coconut and olive...i just cant seem to justify the price of jojoba (as i feel like if its a reproduction of what i already have, then why pay so much for a little bottle? lol). is the jojoba worth it ladies? T and Robot...i think i shall try this avocado. but, when i have to do strange thangs for some change cuz i gotta keep it in stock...i hope yall will still take me in and love me. :lachen:

You can get good jojoba oil on Ebay. I use this vendor, and she's great, many oils to choose from: Old Time Soap Company

and if you sign up with Bing, you get 8% cash back on Ebay purchases!

:rofl: What you need to know honey, I'll share all the secrets with you!

*wide eyes* EVERY-DANG-THANG! lol. i called myself doing something by buying some opi. i lurve the colors...the application, not so much. i cant clean up my nails without making a mess (lol). and the sad thing is i have nice nails that dont need much maintenance, or so the nail lady says lol. have you ever tried sinful colors that they sell at like duane reade and cvs? the colors look so bold to me. what do you think about them?

Girl, Trust me, IK how Finances can get you down.:nono:

But Good thing is: You took care of it and got it done.

Now you can Relax. Take a Deep Breath. Take it Easy. And Enjoy Your Hair.:grin:

@2nd Bolded. I Knows where to Find You........:eyebrows2

:lachen:Yes ma'am, I know:grin:.

And I'm definitely on relax mode now....except I still want a freakin' steamer:lick: I need prayer, ya'll.

*wide eyes* EVERY-DANG-THANG! lol. i called myself doing something by buying some opi. i lurve the colors...the application, not so much. i cant clean up my nails without making a mess (lol). and the sad thing is i have nice nails that dont need much maintenance, or so the nail lady says lol. have you ever tried sinful colors that they sell at like duane reade and cvs? the colors look so bold to me. what do you think about them?

I hate Sinful Colors. They have some pretty shades, but it takes like 5 coats to get the bottle color. They are extremely watered down and runny. I have several bottles and I never use them.

How do you clean up? I paint my nails really slowly, taking my time, so I won't have to deal with cleaning anything up. But if I still need to I will use an orange stick with a little piece of cotton and some acetone, that works best.

If you want some polish for cheap, like high end, buy from Transdesign.com, they have Essie for $4 OPI for $4.95, and they ship crazy fast.

Day36, I don't do so great with OPI either, the colors are fun and pretty, but they have that damn king kong brush in their bottles and it makes my application sloppy. I find myself having to trim the brush which is also a pain cuz I have tons of OPI.

me, myself, personally(i hate when people say all that lol) dont like jojoba oil. it doesnt do anything bad to my hair but i dont feel like it does anything at all lol. it was nice on my scalp but then again most oils are. for my hair it didnt do anything. wont repurchase lol.

I hate Sinful Colors. They have some pretty shades, but it takes like 5 coats to get the bottle color. They are extremely watered down and runny. I have several bottles and I never use them.

How do you clean up? I paint my nails really slowly, taking my time, so I won't have to deal with cleaning anything up. But if I still need to I will use an orange stick with a little piece of cotton and some acetone, that works best.

If you want some polish for cheap, like high end, buy from Transdesign.com, they have Essie for $4 OPI for $4.95, and they ship crazy fast.

Oh lawd don't get her started:lachen:.

thank you! i feel the colors for opi are drool-worthy but it just makes it so dang hard. even when i go slowly, i still have to clean up. and, by clean up i mean, a qtip and nail polish remover... or, the thumb nail of my other hand. lmfao. im sort of disappointed about the sinful colors tid bit as the colors look really good. thanks for answering me. i found a website that sold them for even cheaper, but im not sure if its legit...*off to look for that website again*

Thanks Lamara, I feel like I will be purchasing nail polish all next week.

Girl I already decided that's all I'm going to buy myself with my tax return, and then save the rest. There are some new collections coming out and I NEED them :lol: Polish is such a cheap and fun way to change your look :yep:

thank you! i feel the colors for opi are drool-worthy but it just makes it so dang hard. even when i go slowly, i still have to clean up. and, by clean up i mean, a qtip and nail polish remover... or, the thumb nail of my other hand. lmfao. im sort of disappointed about the sinful colors tid bit as the colors look really good. thanks for answering me. i found a website that sold them for even cheaper, but im not sure if its legit...*off to look for that website again*

Don't use qtips to clean up, that will just make a mess, get some orange sticks at Sallys, they are really cheap.

You know that's ghetto right?:look: Did you get the memo, you are making the SISTA'S :lachen:look bad and uneducated,:blush:. You are dragging us down t, its time for a new one. Lmao at that foolishness:lachen:.lol

Girl, I tried Clorox and eerthang. I think it was that dang Wheat Germ Oil. It's staining.

I ain't thinkin' 'bout them.:lachen:@bolded.

I wouldn't wear it out of the house.:look:

Maybe that Hot Pink/Black/White Swirly Print One, but not the one I have.:nono:

*i wish prettywrap would have a sale*:rolleyes:

I like the new Chanel Particulere nail polish, but at £20 for a bottle and a wait list, I think I'll pass. :look: A waiting list for nail polish!!!

Back