Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

If what you're wearing is causing any slippage in the middle of the night.....:look:

You need to certainly invest in the prettywrap. It stays put. And it keeps your Hair totally moisturized.:yep:

And it is far superior than those 'fakey' stain/polyester tryna' be/wannabe satin caps.:lachen:

that actually made me LOL. but girl, la just said if my hair is thick or long it wont be that comfy. i get little sleep now, so i NEEDS, yes needs, my sleep (cant feel like i need to loosen anything). i did have slippage, but my temporary fix has been to tie a small scarf (think tupac style) and then put my bigger scarf over it...little to no slippage now. ps that also helps protect my nape from scarf damage *crosses fingers*

Give Me Moor!!! That's pretty too!That one is from the espana collection.

Very Nice.:yep: I will definitely think about getting this one too (soon). After I forgot MAAH....

I thought I wanted: "I'm really not a Waitress" but it wasn't what I wanted afterall. I was in the Mood For something DARK..........:blush:

I'll do Dark up until April/May. Then I'll do some Summer/Lighter Colors.:yep:

that actually made me LOL. but girl, la just said if my hair is thick or long it wont be that comfy. i get little sleep now, so i NEEDS, yes needs, my sleep (cant feel like i need to loosen anything). i did have slippage, but my temporary fix has been to tie a small scarf (think tupac style) and then put my bigger scarf over it...little to no slippage now. ps that also helps protect my nape from scarf damage *crosses fingers*

My Hair is Thick but Hardly Long....:lachen:

So it works fine for me.:yep:

I think I will get the black one. I want that Swirly one, but It's 24.95:nono: Even with 25%, it isn't appealing.......:look:

I don't know what to buy myself with my tax return :scratchch

ETA: I know!!!! I'm gonna buy a Wii fit plus!!! :lol:

I love my Wii Fit Plus:grin:. I don't like to work out but having this sitting right in my living room makes it so easy to do. The investment for me is worth it since I pay once and that's it and if I don't use it I don't feel too guilty or as though I'm wasting my money. Just need something for weight training and I'm good.

Well........Decided to pass this time on the Black Prettywrap. (Even tho' I really want it).

I'll just keep wearing my Dingy Yellowish-Ivory ones stained with wheatgerm oil until they 'fall apart' (since Nobody has to look at 'em but me).:lachen:

It's still $14.95 w/o Shipping and $29.95 w/o Shipping for 2 (which I would get).:sad:

So....When/If Mine tear, unravel, elastic gets broke down or something major.....I'll replace them then.

Imma just Press On with the 2 I already have.:rolleyes:

Very Nice.:yep: I will definitely think about getting this one too (soon). After I forgot MAAH....

I thought I wanted: "I'm really not a Waitress" but it wasn't what I wanted afterall. I was in the Mood For something DARK..........:blush:

I'll do Dark up until April/May. Then I'll do some Summer/Lighter Colors.:yep:

I love this - it's a gorgeous colour! :love:

im twisting my hair now. i really like the way its turning out. my hair has grown since the last time i did twists and my hair looks thicker in the top. technically i no its not thicker but it looks it so thats good lol.

yea im gonna try to stay in twists the rest of the winter so ill use it for that.
Charz are yall still going to oyin tomorrow iif it keeps snowing?

Same here. I will be in twists till April hopefully.

You guys have me opening up a tab to look at the Prettywraps:lick:, knowing I have more than enough headcoverings.

I love my Wii Fit Plus:grin:. I don't like to work out but having this sitting right in my living room makes it so easy to do. The investment for me is worth it since I pay once and that's it and if I don't use it I don't feel too guilty or as though I'm wasting my money. Just need something for weight training and I'm good.

i just won one on ebay. :grin: i'm so excited, but i know i'm gonna have to buy all those other odds and ends for it... the yoga mat, tennis racket, etc. i'm obsessed with having sets.

I'm under my steamer and I used up:

HV Moist 24/7
HV Methi Sativa Part 1
Shescentit Hair Butter
Anita Grant Coco Latte

why does this heat cap feel like its not even on sometimes lol.
I know, right? Sometimes I lift mine up just to check. Just to make sure.

About nail polish--I am loving this OPI Hong Kong Collection. I saw that it releases on 2/3 does that mean my shop won't have it? I'm thinking they should be able to pre order??? 2/3 is just for the public, right? I hope so because I have like 5 different colors I like. I'm getting my nails done next Sunday. I guess I should have some back ups in mind.

Oh yeah, Jasmine's is having a sale. 20% off using hairluv through Feb 1st. Not applicable to gift sets, samples, sale items, or bulk items (I think that's off the top of my head). She states this clearly on her website.

www.jasminesbathandbeautyproducts.com

I ordered my mom one those bath & body baskets for her birthday. The country vanilla pear scent. It shipped yesterday so she should get it on time :grin:.

finally finished my twists. i like them, not my best work but hey lol.
i sprayed with juices and berries and then sealed with jojoba oil. i just noticed im almost out of jojoba oil, good lol.
and im sorry about kbb but i aint giving up that hair masked, yall should have seen my hair. that stuff is amazing.

my next set of twists will be done with qhemet brbc(hopefully that will be the last of it) and heavy cream.

I know, right? Sometimes I lift mine up just to check. Just to make sure.

About nail polish--I am loving this OPI Hong Kong Collection. I saw that it releases on 2/3 does that mean my shop won't have it? I'm thinking they should be able to pre order??? 2/3 is just for the public, right? I hope so because I have like 5 different colors I like. I'm getting my nails done next Sunday. I guess I should have some back ups in mind.

Oooh, I just saw them on Amazon!! They do have some nice colors. :look: I really do need some new ones, I think. :yep:

So, this week, I used up a KBB Herbal Conditioner, Njoi Nourishing Hair Butter, Ion Effective Care Treatment, and a bottle of Amla oil. I have one more use of a bottle of SSI Green Tea & Hibiscus (seems like i had/have an endless supply of this one) and the Honey Rinse. I'm also going to try and use up my Linange Shea Butter mask. Big a** tub!!

I'm dc'ing overnight again with Sitrinillah. My moisture levels are so good right now, but I need to be careful, I should do another protein treatment soon.

the next think i plan on using up is sunshine in hello sweet thing. thats what im going to use all week to keep my twists moist. im also going to focus on using up my hairveda hydrasylica on my twists too.
i think i will still co wash my twists once a week. other than that just spray and seal with sunshine.

ladies,

i am starting to look into butters and even more natural products (like on some fruit and berries tip lol). what do you think would be worth purchasing? what are the must have oils(essential and other)? i have limited funds and cant afford to be greatly disappointed. so far, im thinking of trying to make my own avocado oil to test the waters. i eventually want to make my own face, hair, and body products (not exactly on a large scale though).

ITA shea and avocado butters are my faves. I use shea alone or as a base for my butter mixes (hair and skin). Avocado can definitely stand on its own. I also experimented with some others like kokum, mango, ilipe, hemp, and jojoba.

My body butter has shea, kokum, ilipe and some oils (EVCO, EVOO, Jojoba, Avocado and something else) it has a nice consistency and I can even use it on my face without breaking out.

Good luck with making your products. Please share any recipes:grin:

I will finish up my Qhemet AOHR sample, my greg juice sample, the rest of a bottle of Dove Intense Frizz Control after I finish these twists and cowash with some V05.

Wow you guys have been chatting up a storm! I'm looking forward to reading all these pages.

GOOD NEWS: Didn't buy any hair products today
BAD NEWS: Spent $450 at Ikea *SMH*

ETA: Charzboss, I subscribed to your videos

Wow you guys have been chatting up a storm! I'm looking forward to reading all these pages.

Ohh Ikea...I have been looking into Ikea recently becuase I will have to start looking at apartments. College can't last forever. :ohwell:

$ 450 ...spill it BM!

Charz- I really enjoyed your Hairveda review. I enjoy watching your yt channel. I had always wondered about the protein treatment. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I want to try using up my Lustrasilk. I bought it over the summer when on vacation and didn't really like it.:nono: What do you ladies think about mixing it with Sitrinillah? I know some1 posted about a bad mixing experience.

Hoping to use the 2 jars up quickly as DCs and cowashing. I want to use up some other stuff but I keep thinking about spring/summer cowashing and don't want to plow through my cheap/no repurchase stuff now when it will be best to use that stuff up later and quickly. Will come up with plan for wash day after church tomorrow.

Had to send the Amazon estore I purchased my heat cap an email because I still haven't received it over 2 weeks later. They are refunding my shipping $13 and sending a new one ASAP. I had a really good customer service experience.:grin:

Aww gee, thanks :blush:

Charz- I really enjoyed your Hairveda review. I enjoy watching your yt channel. I had always wondered about the protein treatment. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No problem :grin:

I like you video, clear and simple. Some have too much music in the background that distract from it's purpose.

Thank you :)

Ms. Terri had to school me in music control back in the day!

You still interested in the Bottling party?

Back