Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

2hrs under the steamer, all that heat doesn't bother you? I can only do 30 minutes. What are you doing reading a book or watching TV?

No it never gets too hot. I was on my laptop the entire time doing work, talking to you guys and trying (keyword: trying) to finish my homework.

What are some good sites on Etsy for hair accessories? I need to bookmark them for the summer time when all hale breaks loose.

Like headbands, clips...

Feed my addictions:lachen:let me get my fix:lick:.

feed-me-seymore.jpg

Feed me Seymore!!!!

I ordered from QueCraft
http://www.etsy.com/shop/quecraft

Pre-oiled overnight w/Cocasta oil, prepoo'd 15 min w/AO GPB, washed w/Dr Bronner's tea tree mixed w/AOHSR, quick conditioned with Jessicurl WDT. I oiled my scalp w/Qhemet Amla Nourishing pomade, moisturized w/BRBC and sealed w/JBCO. Put my hair in 4 braids and slapped Tammy right back on :lachen: I so in love with her! Maybe 2 more uses and the Bronner's will be gone.

I used my Molton Brown condish this morning, it was just okay, but not worth what I paid for it. I didn't get as much slip as with my other conditioners and I was a bit disappointed that the lovely fragrances disappeared quite quickly. :ohwell: Serves me right, and that's a lesson learned to me, I'll be sticking to what I know from now on!! :rolleyes:

Charz, you made it a long time without washing. Is this the first time you have waited longer than a week? I don't think I can make it a whole week.

Yes, this is the second time :blush:

I'm dying to wash it today, but I won't have time to twist before bed.

i have one more use of my honey hemp conditioner and then its done. i have 2 more bottles though.

i think my natural hair hates coconut oil. ive noticed it before but ignored it. my hair was so soft yesterday and then as soon as i applied the coconut oil for overnight my hair instantly dried up.

I HATE MY HAIR RIGHT ABOUT NOW:wallbash:
I felt like that yesterday. Today, I am liking it again. I was really not liking how the afroveda curly custard left my hair feeling. I don't care for that butter but I really like the twisted ginger one and the cocolatte. I am debating whether I even want to try to finish the big a%* tub that I have. I want it to go away so I can order more of the other butters.

mkd, that was really the only one i hated. the others i liked or loved but the curly custard was very drying.
right now im thinking about doing a second big chop. i dont mind having short hair. my only problem is that since the front of my hair is thin i think it will be more noticable the shorter it is.

mkd, that was really the only one i hated. the others i liked or loved but the curly custard was very drying.
right now im thinking about doing a second big chop. i dont mind having short hair. my only problem is that since the front of my hair is thin i think it will be more noticable the shorter it is.

I felt like that yesterday. Today, I am liking it again. I was really not liking how the afroveda curly custard left my hair feeling. I don't care for that butter but I really like the twisted ginger one and the cocolatte. I am debating whether I even want to try to finish the big a%* tub that I have. I want it to go away so I can order more of the other butters.

I agree, I can't use mine in the winter time.

Che don't cut your hair untill I see you on Sunday!

don't you hate that having tub to use up! Ijust brought the sample kit of butter and tried curly custard yesterday, nothing for me either.

I just did my taxes. Chances are one of y'all are going to find me in some alley passed out w/conditioner all around my mouth and in between my fingers. :look:

Seriously, I think I'm just gonna do one nice makeup haul and be done with it. I'm making my list right now. I plan on saving for my upcoming trips, I have three in the next 2 months or so (New Orleans, NYC, Vegas). I may be sliding to Puerto Rico right quick too :look: I know, I know, who slides to Puerto Rico? *Raises hand*

that's odd that's the only Afroveda butter I liked.

I've never seen distilled water. Is that the same as Poland Spring water? Excuse my ignorance :rolleyes::lachen:

Chile, Go in the Grocery, Walk down the water aisle, look at the Gallon Jugs and you should see the "DISTILLED" Water Clearly written on the Labels (of the Gallon Jugs).

Please, Go Get that for your Steamer ASAP.:yep:

As much as you "Steam" You don't want no problems.:look:

*And yes, they do 'recommend' that you use Distilled Water...........:yep:

Welcome back! Is it that Espiritu de Canela?! That stuff is hella strong and no joke! :blush:

You Ain't Neva Lied!:burning::burning::burning:

I went to the Health Food Store and bought a Bottle of Cinnamon EO and mixed the 2.

Some 'dripped' on my forehead, I thought it was going to take the Skin Off!:burning:

My Hair is either going to grow OR the Follicles will be Permanently Damaged......:ohwell:

i just cant understand why i havent had a relaxer in almost 2 years, been natural for almost 1 year, been taking care of my hair the best i can and my bang area is still stupid thin. im about ready to cry. i just cant understand it. and i see all these big chop stories on blogs and things and they just chop the relaxer off and everything is all well and fine.
im really really down about my hair. and then to find that it hates coconut oil. i put some in my hair today and you can hear it crunching like an apple. and its not like im hating my natural hair, im just hating my retarded hair.

i hate ranting because i feel like a child but my hair is getting on my nerves. seriously im thinking about shaving it all off and wearing a wig until it starts to grow in but then that goes against many things for me. unless i get a kinky wig. or just do a second big chop and get braids put in, again that goes against my issues with fake hair.

i just cant understand why i havent had a relaxer in almost 2 years, been natural for almost 1 year, been taking care of my hair the best i can and my bang area is still stupid thin. im about ready to cry. i just cant understand it. and i see all these big chop stories on blogs and things and they just chop the relaxer off and everything is all well and fine.
im really really down about my hair. and then to find that it hates coconut oil. i put some in my hair today and you can hear it crunching like an apple. and its not like im hating my natural hair, im just hating my retarded hair.

i hate ranting because i feel like a child but my hair is getting on my nerves. seriously im thinking about shaving it all off and wearing a wig until it starts to grow in but then that goes against many things for me. unless i get a kinky wig. or just do a second big chop and get braids put in, again that goes against my issues with fake hair.
Che, its ok girl. Rant. We don't mind. I totally understand what you mean. I have been natural for over ten years but I just started my hair journey about a year ago. I can see a difference in the overall health of my hair but its not as fabulous as I imagined it would be. Its ok though. I have really come to accept that I have medium strands and low density and nothing seems to change that. I just have to grow to love my hair like it is.

:blush:Just Relax. Take A Deep Breath. And Re-Evaluate the Situation. Can You Leave the Coconut Oil alone for a Minute? It's Winter.:look: Who Can use that stuff in the Winter? Unless you a) live in a warm climate b) mixing it with your Conditioners.

Honestly, I think you are pms'ing:lachen: Please do not do a 2nd BC Right Now. You are just a little 'frustrated' Don't give up on all that 'softness' and lovin' the way your hair "feels" by Shaving it all off:blush:

Just Settle Down. Wash the CO out, and use some different products.:yep: Twist it. Braid it. Please Just do something 'other than cut it':nono:

Go read a 'book':rolleyes:

*i am not one for 'fake' hair either....but imma fake it until i make it.:lachen:

I just purchased shea butter from njoi creations. I hope I'll like it. Im watching her page now to see when she'll add her new leave in conditioner so I can swoop down and get it!

Im almost done with a bottle of cocasta oil.

Sorry that you're frustrated with your hair.
But how long has that area been thin? If it's been that way all your life, then maybe that's just how your hair grows. Like for some people, they think that relaxer thins their hair, so they go natural, only to find that it wasn't the relaxer after all. Their hair just grows in thin all over, or in certain spots, and that's just how it does.

Anyway, I don't think you should cut it again.

Have you tried any topical solutions?

Che, its ok girl. Rant. We don't mind. I totally understand what you mean. I have been natural for over ten years but I just started my hair journey about a year ago. I can see a difference in the overall health of my hair but its not as fabulous as I imagined it would be. Its ok though. I have really come to accept that I have medium strands and low density and nothing seems to change that. I just have to grow to love my hair like it is.

Thank you Sista' mkd for that Lovely Testimony.:grin:

Can Da' Church Say::amen:

*coughs and clears throat* Speaking of Using things up.....I finished up that bottle of Pure Cold Pressed Castor Oil. I will be moving on to the J/A/S/O/N Vitamin E Oil to seal after apply my creamy B4 putting on my Wig.

I pulled out that and the Apricot Kernel Oil, so I will use those 2 up hopefully within the month of February.

Weekend Wash Day, I am hoping to use up a couple of small things.

I Already Know I am not going to like that Lustrasilk Shea Mango (it smells 'cheap':look:) but, I will use it up anyway.

So, I took 2 empty jars and mixed one with CO & the Lustrasilk and mixed the other with EVOO & the Lustrasilk. Hopefully, I can use it up before the end of February.:ohwell:

Back