Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

i just used my hairveda spray and then moisturized with heavy cream. i wont repurchase the spray, for one thing i need to know whats in the herbal blend.

Ya'll I'm in a funk with my hair. I hate it right now. I know I'm in the awkward phase of transitioning months 6-9 but that doesn't stop the hate :lachen:. Can't wait until March so I can become a cowashing fool again. I'm just complaining because fake hair ain't for me and I did used to be the queen of braids but that's why my edges are so fragile now--all that to say I just have to deal with it.

Aloe butter is out of here. It was grainy, left flakes in my hair, and I believe it was the reason my hair was a frizzy mess. I told Char I didn't want no aloe butter but nah...j/k I do appreciate you sending it but I don't like it.

I washed my hair today first with Live Clean Apple Cidar Clarifying poo because I really needed it. I followed up with Silicon Mix Hydrating poo and I decided to give YTC Con another try after not liking it the first time. I just left it on for 5 mins in the shower but I liked it this time! I DC'd with Emergencia and then just air dried with Emergencia Hair repair cream leave-in condish. I later moisturized with the conditioning butter I got from Butter-n-Bars and sealed with EVCO.

I'm braided up and ready for bed now. It was a good day!

What is this cellophane you're talking about? How much is it and where can I get some? :look:
Heehee :giggle: I useD Fior Color Showers in Cobre until they changed the formula which led me to using henna to color in the first place, then I went back to Sebastian Colourshines which have been renamed as Sebastian Laminates Cellophane Color (www.beautyofnewyork.com). I have a bottle of the new cellophane called Original Colors that replaced Color Showers on www.roundbrushhair.com but I've only used it once and my hair is resistant to color right now so I couldn't give it a fair review. Did I mention I have ALL of the above in stock already? SIGH** I need to find some reviews on Paul Mitchell glosses in case I decide to let my eyebrow girl do my hair.
That's what I want to get on to next Cellophanes (Semi Permanent colour). Think I might give it a try when I get my next touch up. Really want to try Sebastians Black Cherry Colourshines.
That black cherry is pretty, my sis used to get that and I used Cinnamon mixed w/something else. Interesting thing I read about cellophanes is that they're all semi permanent, but not all semi permanent colors are cellophanes :dizzy:

Shampoo bars are the business though. The lather is so much more superior to commercial/salon brands and it actually feels like a luxurious experience.

Anyway let me keep quiet cause I'm talking myself right back to the Anita Grant website! :lachen:
Have you tried any other brands of shampoo bars or just the Anita Grant ones? It did not work for me and I may try another brand one day
oh and i used up my AO WC mix. onto AO island naturals now. that bottle is almost gone too, i think i remember not likeing it so i will mix it with a bunch of honey and cocasta oil. oh and wheat germ oil.
I bought a bottle of Island Naturals to try and hated it. I used it as a moisturising DC after shampooing and I found it so difficult to detangle.

Have you tried any other brands of shampoo bars or just the Anita Grant ones? It did not work for me and I may try another brand one day

I bought a bottle of Island Naturals to try and hated it. I used it as a moisturising DC after shampooing and I found it so difficult to detangle.

No I've only used the AG one, interesting that you didn't like it - I adored it, and it lasted for ages!

They do a Carrot and Coriander (interesting combination) at Sheabutter Cottage. I've never tried it though but it sounds lovely:-

Cleanse your hair and help restore moisture without stripping the natural oils with our beta-carotene rich shampoo bar.

Fragrance-free with fresh carrots, fresh coriander, jojoba, avocado, fair trade unrefined sheabutter & a touch of bentonite.
Ideal for all scalps including the most sensitive.

http://www.sheabuttercottage.co.uk/

No I've only used the AG one, interesting that you didn't like it - I adored it, and it lasted for ages!

They do a Carrot and Coriander (interesting combination) at Sheabutter Cottage. I've never tried it though but it sounds lovely:-

Cleanse your hair and help restore moisture without stripping the natural oils with our beta-carotene rich shampoo bar.

Fragrance-free with fresh carrots, fresh coriander, jojoba, avocado, fair trade unrefined sheabutter & a touch of bentonite.
Ideal for all scalps including the most sensitive.

http://www.sheabuttercottage.co.uk/
It left a visible white film on my scalp, I had the same problem with AO HSR shampoo also. I was tempted by Sheabutter Cottage shampoo bars also and think I will give them a try one day. I like the sound of all of them and they are very reasonably priced.

I dc'ed overnight with Sitrinillah and am now too lazy to rinse my hair out. I'm also too lazy to do any damn homework. I slept very poorly last night, I kept getting woken up by bad dreams :(

I went to Whole Foods and bought some bentonite clay for $7.99. It's for my hair and face. I'm sure this will last me a few months.

Hiiiiiiiiiiii LC :wave:

Ok, I just recently moved....and before I moved..I literally gave my cousin two shopping bags full of ish...

I went back to my old apt. to finish packing hair stuff....and I'm like...seriously?! :nono:

Goal:

Use up all the cheapie VO5 and Pantene conditioners (as soon as it gets warm, it is on)

Any repurchases for the year will be consistently/daily used products.

Life has been simpler just using WEN, KBB, Qhemet and staple conditioner Joico.

Will finish up all other conditioners and stick with WEN, Joico and KBB conditioners for remainder of year.

Keeping it simple is working because I just no longer have the time/energy like I used to.

Found some 12 en 1 the other day so I guess I'll dc w/heat tonight if I don't go out. Gonna add some evoo, vitamin e and evco.

I have an unopened tub of Sitrinillah. I used to sleep in that conditioner all the time out of sheer laziness. Used it as a leave in sometimes too. Man I get a lil overwhelmed just thinkin about using up this stuff.

I dc'ed overnight with Sitrinillah and am now too lazy to rinse my hair out. I'm also too lazy to do any damn homework. I slept very poorly last night, I kept getting woken up by bad dreams :(

Well I finally rinsed it out and used some more of that Garnier sleek and shine to style. I hate the flakes this stuff gives me, but it's only the first day then it's fine after, so I can't wear black tomorrow :lol: Can't wait to use up the 2 bottles I have.

I have 4 bottles of AOHR left. Today I made a deep conditioner with the oils, silk amino acids, guar gum and aloe vera juice I have. I also thru in a bottle of AOHR. I ended up making about 34 oz of DC and hopefully that will last thru February. My DD is washing her hair now and I'm about to rollerset her hair. I decided to bun my hair for 6 months so I have no reason to buy any new conditioners. BTW good thing I save my empty jars! I love my Afroveda butters jars with the snap on lids.

Do you guys have a hard time parting with empty bottles and jars.

Last edited:
Back at school, I walked into my room, looked at my stash shook my head and walked away in shame. i seriously forgot how much I have:ohwell:. When did I find the time to acquire all this?:lachen:

I have 4 bottles of AOHR left. Today I made a deep conditioner with the oils, silk amino acids, guar gum and aloe vera juice I have. I also thru in a bottle of AOHR. I ended up making about 34 oz of DC and hopefully that will last thru February. My DD is washing her hair now and I'm about to rollerset her hair. I decided to bun my hair for 6 months so I have no reason to buy any new conditioners. BTW good thing I save my empty jars! I love my Afroveda butters jars with the snap on lids.

Do you guys have a hard time parting with empty bottles and jars.

BM: 1 Bolded: What made you decide to Bun for 6 months? Is this to
help you reach your next Hair Goal?

2nd Bolded: Recently, I have started keeping my Jars.:yep:

Bottles, no.....not so much.:perplexed

hi everybody. i woke up and my hair is so soft. so i guess the hairveda spray and heavy cream goes good together. thats good to know because the heavy cream did not mix well with my ojon mist.
im about to use up the last of my ashlii amala in a minute. i want to shampoo but i dont know if i should because i just shampoo with black soap yesterday.

i get rid of jars and bottles in a second. its boxes i have an issue with getting rid of. i hoard boxes lol.

Me too at the bolded! I had like 50 boxes, but David made me get rid of 45 of them. They were taking up space! But who knows when I might need to ship something! I have about 20 right now...:look:

Hiiiiiiiiiiii LC :wave:

Ok, I just recently moved....and before I moved..I literally gave my cousin two shopping bags full of ish...

I went back to my old apt. to finish packing hair stuff....and I'm like...seriously?! :nono:

Goal:

Use up all the cheapie VO5 and Pantene conditioners (as soon as it gets warm, it is on)

Any repurchases for the year will be consistently/daily used products.

Life has been simpler just using WEN, KBB, Qhemet and staple conditioner Joico.

Will finish up all other conditioners and stick with WEN, Joico and KBB conditioners for remainder of year.

Keeping it simple is working because I just no longer have the time/energy like I used to.

Hi mona, its good to see you :kiss:, keeping it simple does work. I hope your doing ok. I haven't forgotten about you:hug3:.

Well.....Here we ALL are.....The Start of A Brand New Week.:look:

And even though I haven't really thought about my Wash Day Regimen (for the week), I am thinking along the Lines of "what can I use up this week?":spinning:

I think the Cantu Shea Butter Daily Moisturizing Lotion (or whatever it's called) should be done this week. But I keep finding more & more such like products. And that's a "Pain":perplexed

I will move on to some Organics Olive Oil Super Growth Treatment Lotion or something like that (that I discovered I had:nono:).

I may finish up the Cold Pressed Castor Oil (also a forgotten item) I dug out last week.:ohwell:

Using Stuff Up is alot "HARDER" Than Buying Stuff.:lachen:

What Are You ALL Using Up this Week??????????????????????????????????

^ I'm going to use up:

Step 1 of Hairveda's Methi Sativa Set
2x Shescentit Hair Butters (Thank you Ms. Terri)
Anita Grant Cafe Latte

I find that having a "use up basket" is very helpful.

Back