Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Im thinking about getting a weave so I can leave my hair alone for a few months! I found two cute hair styles that I really like. I learned my lesson with weaves and Im ready to do it right -- I used to have my weaves blended as if hairsisters did my hair. I was a weave FAIL a few years ago.

Im almost done with my cocasta oil -- but I have two more bottles to go!

I used banana brulee last wednesday and it was ok. Ill use it again this week to see if its thumbs up or thumbs down.

That's what I want to get on to next Cellophanes (Semi Permanent colour). Think I might give it a try when I get my next touch up. Really want to try Sebastians Black Cherry Colourshines.

I don't think I will. I really want go back to using cellophanes and just doing henna glosses. I'm curious to see if/how it works out. I want to do more research on whether or not there's any type of damage to the cuticle layers.
I was doing a little reading on henna glosses last night. I think I may try it, using it before the color releases and hope that I don't get any red color. I may pick some up this week.

Oh and I forgot to mention earlier this week, I think I like BRBC better than the AOHC. I am going to give it another week before I give my final verdict. My husband has been all in my AOHC so I guess I will keep it around for him.

Oh and I forgot to mention earlier this week, I think I like BRBC better than the AOHC. I am going to give it another week before I give my final verdict. My husband has been all in my AOHC so I guess I will keep it around for him.

ITA!!!!!!.....

How long does the Henna process take? It sounds like a lot of work, and er I'm lazy. :look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

No Less than 4:look: I'm doing it 'strictly' it's for coloring properities.

Henna about 3 Hours Indigo about an Hour.:yep: And You can always go longer. i.e. Henna 4-6 Indigo 2-4.

The Henna Glosses may not take as long.:ohwell:

ETA: But I can go 6-8-10 Weeks. When I was using Semi Permanent, I could only go about 4 weeks. Henna/Indigo Shines.

Semi Permanent, for me, was extremely "Dulling"

Last edited:
While out at Stashville pulling smaller conditioners, I came across more products that I pulled out.:nono:

It Sucks:lachen: It's like they Keep Multiplying:lachen:

So, I pulled out some of the Oils and will use to seal with the creamy leave-ins under my Wig.:perplexed

I pulled out some J/A/S/O/N Vitamin E Oil I had and the Apricot Kernel Oil I bought for HOTS. Hopefully, I will make a Dent in All of these Products by the End of March, Beginning of April.

I want to have a good amount of the Daily Leave-Ins and the Oils Down too.

I will be focusing Heavily on using this stuff up. :rolleyes:

Okay, so I had EVERY intention of finally tackling my bathroom cabinets today. The idea was to purchase a couple of baskets and use one for shampoos and conditioner, oils and moisturizers in another, Ayurvedic goodies, and finally female items and other incidentals in their own basket.

So I make Family Dollar my last stop for the evening to get my baskets, and wouldn't you believe they didn't have the sizes I needed!:wallbash:

Suffice it to say, I didn't get to the cabinets, BUT my intentions were quite noble.:yep:

Komaza care has a body cream for a limited time only. The proceeds will go to haiti. They are $5 for 4oz. sorry if this has already been posted.

For A Limited Time Only

Komaza Care will be offering an amazing body mousse. Perfect for soothing winter dry skin. It also works wonders to heal dry rough feet, elbows, and knees.

Please join Komaza Care in assisting the earthquake victims in Haiti.
For each jar of body mousse purchased 100% of the proceeds will be donated to helping relieve our brothers and sister in Haiti.

During such a traumatic event it is awesome to see so much compassion!
Compassion is what moves us to take action!

Donations will be given to Yele Haiti and Unicef.

www.komazahaircare.com

Proud PJ checking in with an OT post to say this: La Colocha, I love the photo of Sade in your siggy. I only purchase complete albums from two artists and she is one of them. Thanks you. -c

hi ladies, im late i know.
today i went to whole foods and got one bottle each of natures gate aloe conditioner, AO BGA rinse, and giovanni SAS deeper moisture conditioner. i really did need them. im almost out of co wash conditioners and im fazing out the non natural ones. normally i wouldnt buy natures gate but i remember seeing a thread on this particular one.

oh and i used up my AO WC mix. onto AO island naturals now. that bottle is almost gone too, i think i remember not likeing it so i will mix it with a bunch of honey and cocasta oil. oh and wheat germ oil.

uh....hello ladies. im a bit afraid, this is my very first post. but, ive been lurking for a while. would it be weird if i give a couple of shout outs? any way, back on track, im not a full pj YET...but, boy was it headed there. my best friend shopped my stash; left with a shopping bag (not from the supermarket, think more like forever21 size) full of things; and i still have enough to last me about a year. this has to stop now before i start law school (aka broke as a joke). online natural products=the debil for me...i just cant get enough. :rolleyes: soo, my promise is to use up more, before i buy these oils and ingredients to make my own products like im itching to do:drunk:

Last edited:
Aww thanks Ms. Terri. :blush: My gym that is 1 minute away from my house went out of business...I need to find another one :perplexed:

I actually like the Moisture Mist better. The Coco-Cream is great....its just been replaced by Qhemet's BRBC :yep:

I started think about my purchases on disposable products as well in that manner. 2-3 haircare/skincare hauls can pay for a plane ticket somewhere! Or buy something more permanent like a new laptop or phone!
girl you are so right. i love buying things that will last(like the laptop or phone you mentioned). im not spending half as much as i used to. for one thing i have to save money for school. i didnt want to say anything but i went to registar and couldnt afford tuition. well technically i could but i thought the price was rediculous and everyone kept saying dont pay it, wait to get financial aid. so i wont be returning to school until next semester:cry: you just dont know how much that hurts. and i must be stronger too because normally finding something like that out(not being able to afford school) i would have drowned myself in food and products of all kind.

Last edited:
uh....hello ladies. im a bit afraid, this is my very first post. but, ive been lurking for a while. would it be weird if i give a couple of shout outs? any way, back on track, im not a full pj YET...but, boy was it headed there. my best friend shopped my stash; left with a shopping bag (not from the supermarket, think more like forever21 size) full of things; and i still have enough to last me about a year. this has to stop now before i stop law school (aka broke as a joke). online natural products=the debil for me...i just cant get enough. :rolleyes: soo, my promise is to use up more, before i buy these oils and ingredients to make my own products like im itching to do:drunk:

Welcome, Day36! Everyone who posts here is a pj on some level. We are all striving to get control of our "addiction" and make wise, yet effective decisions. If you ever need anything let us know! BTW - congrats on law school!

uh....hello ladies. im a bit afraid, this is my very first post. but, ive been lurking for a while. would it be weird if i give a couple of shout outs? any way, back on track, im not a full pj YET...but, boy was it headed there. my best friend shopped my stash; left with a shopping bag (not from the supermarket, think more like forever21 size) full of things; and i still have enough to last me about a year. this has to stop now before i stop law school (aka broke as a joke). online natural products=the debil for me...i just cant get enough. :rolleyes: soo, my promise is to use up more, before i buy these oils and ingredients to make my own products like im itching to do:drunk:

Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy yourself and have a good experience.

Proud PJ checking in with an OT post to say this: La Colocha, I love the photo of Sade in your siggy. I only purchase complete albums from two artists and she is one of them. Thanks you. -c

I love sade, my mother played her all the time when i was a little girl. I have every album, she is a legend.

Welcome, Day36! Everyone who posts here is a pj on some level. We are all striving to get control of our "addiction" and make wise, yet effective decisions. If you ever need anything let us know! BTW - congrats on law school!

thank you sooo much hun! ive learned so much from you all. i looove the environment here, hope you guys dont mind including one more. i wont be trouble, i swear it! oh i seee what you mean @ the bolded. have me over here itching to buy more products i dont need:rolleyes::wallbash: i'm just applying to schools now, so pray for me. i hope to do well. and, i just got access to the natural living/recipes/etc forums...be still my beating heart because i gots (yes GOTS!) the tyrone biggums itch and shake going on.

Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy yourself and have a good experience.

I love sade, my mother played her all the time when i was a little girl. I have every album, she is a legend.

thank you! and @ bolded, thats how i got my name...i guess that woman's voice and her band's music have some power, eh? my jamaican mother didnt even know her name was a shortened version/nickname for her full name. so, you can imagine my surprise when i met a girl named folasade in middle school and told her that her name stole my name. lol

ladies, do you have to make an introductory thread? im a bit afraid to do so, especially because i dont really have a fotki or a photo-sharing site

girl you are so right. i love buying things that will last(like the laptop or phone you mentioned). im not spending half as much as i used to. for one thing i have to save money for school. i didnt want to say anything but i went to registar and couldnt afford tuition. well technically i could but i thought the price was rediculous and everyone kept saying dont pay it, wait to get financial aid. so i wont be returning to school until next semester:cry: you just dont know how much that hurts. and i must be stronger too because normally finding something like that out(not being able to afford school) i would have drowned myself in food and products of all kind.
Just wanted to send you an e-hug Che.

thank you sooo much hun! ive learned so much from you all. i looove the environment here, hope you guys dont mind including one more. i wont be trouble, i swear it! oh i seee what you mean @ the bolded. have me over here itching to buy more products i dont need:rolleyes::wallbash: i'm just applying to schools now, so pray for me. i hope to do well. and, i just got access to the natural living/recipes/etc forums...be still my beating heart because i gots (yes GOTS!) the tyrone biggums itch and shake going on.
Good luck with your law school applications, law school is an experience I will never forget :perplexed

ladies, do you have to make an introductory thread? im a bit afraid to do so, especially because i dont really have a fotki or a photo-sharing site

You don't have to, some people do it just to introduce themselves, do what you feel comfortable with.:yep:

Just wanted to send you an e-hug Che.

Good luck with your law school applications, law school is an experience I will never forget :perplexed

boy, that has me scared now.:perplexed. well, i think i can handle it. probably will cry my eyes out, but i'll make it! i hope:perplexed

[/B]
boy, that has me scared now.:perplexed. well, i think i can handle it. probably will cry my eyes out, but i'll make it! i hope:perplexed
Don't pay me any attention. You will do be fine. In my opinion it is designed to be a very hard, emotionally taxing experience but once you get finished, you will be glad you did it. :yep:

Don't pay me any attention. You will do be fine. In my opinion it is designed to be a very hard, emotionally taxing experience but once you get finished, you will be glad you did it. :yep:

well, im a senior at a (idk) semi-ivy so i know emotionally taxing and hard:lachen: but, ive wanted to do this since i was five (not just because i thought it was the only other choice but doctor lol) so i have to get through it. i want to get through it. thanks so much for the comfort though. i appreciate at least having a large pic (with different views) of what im getting into. thank you

well, im a senior at a (idk) semi-ivy so i know emotionally taxing and hard:lachen: but, ive wanted to do this since i was five (not just because i thought it was the only other choice but doctor lol) so i have to get through it. i want to get through it. thanks so much for the comfort though. i appreciate at least having a large pic (with different views) of what im getting into. thank you
If this is something you have always wanted to do, you will love it. I think most of the people who are like :rolleyes: (myself included) are people who went just because they needed a graduate a degree and it is a good one to have.

If this is something you have always wanted to do, you will love it. I think most of the people who are like :rolleyes: (myself included) are people who went just because they needed a graduate a degree and it is a good one to have.

i know what you mean. but, once more, thanks for the encouragement...i can use it. would you mind giving me advice? you can say no, i wont be offended. i just like hearing from people who have been where i want to be.

Back