Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I'm late but I'm here. :)

I just returned from 25 days in the DR and I need to add myself to this thread. While I was there, I bought sooooo many products, including the usual Dominican conditioners and some small sizes of other things that I wanted to "sample". :look:

This year, I'm going to (try to) resist buying up everything that I see mentioned in this forum. As a newbie who's never learned any of this from family or "hair professionals" I know that I went overboard. Now I know that I don't need to buy something just because another member had fantastic results with it. Everyone's hair is different.

Since this year I've decided to transition (yay me) I'm going to be all about protective styling. I'm hoping having my hair in weaves will prevent me from buying up the hair aisles.

I think the idea of writing a hair journal is something I want to try. I really want healthy beautiful hair, but doing too much may actually get in the way of that goal.

I am happy to report that this PJ didn't purchase any products this past weekend! That is such a major feat for me! I even went so far as to putting things in my buggy for a while, then my willpower kicked in and I put everything back. Yeah!
:look:

Cool, that sounds like some strong will power, I do that online, I put things in my cart and when I am done, I click the x button. LOL!

Hey Ladies:grin:: What's Up? I am sitting applying Castor Oil.

I have been alternating between that, Wheat Germ and Essential Fatty Acids (EFA Oils).:grin:

Still focusing on using stuff up.:yep:
*sigh*.....no matter how hard i try i just can not remember to apply my jbco several times a week. but since we're on the subject maybe i will remember to rub my scalp with it tonight.

Well, I see I will be buying some products from Komaza. I'ma need them to have a sale or I guess I could start out with sample sizes. Not really thinking of buying anything until the spring. I will be upping my cowashing so I think that will be a great time to try out products. It also seems the next time Sunshine opens back up I may need to invest in some 16 oz of Sunshine. I can not even think about running out.

:yep:Me, too, Shay! I need more Honey Comb Rejuvenator stuff and some of the new stuff sounds interesting.
And I'm with you on the Sunshine, also. I use that head to toe and running out is not an option.

i started using sunshine on my face and hands too. she really outdid herself with that. i like the coconut confidence to but sunshine is out of this world amazing. i used it today over the honey hemp and my hair feels amazing. it doesnt give shine though which doesnt bother me much because i know natural hair doesnt really hair shine.

I'm late but I'm here. :)

I just returned from 25 days in the DR and I need to add myself to this thread. While I was there, I bought sooooo many products, including the usual Dominican conditioners and some small sizes of other things that I wanted to "sample". :look:

This year, I'm going to (try to) resist buying up everything that I see mentioned in this forum. As a newbie who's never learned any of this from family or "hair professionals" I know that I went overboard. Now I know that I don't need to buy something just because another member had fantastic results with it. Everyone's hair is different.

Since this year I've decided to transition (yay me) I'm going to be all about protective styling. I'm hoping having my hair in weaves will prevent me from buying up the hair aisles.

I think the idea of writing a hair journal is something I want to try. I really want healthy beautiful hair, but doing too much may actually get in the way of that goal.

MrsdeReyes, where did you stay? OMG you're so lucky to get a break from this cold weather. I was born in Santo Domingo. Haven't been down there for about 8 years. My DD is getting married there next year.

i started using sunshine on my face and hands too. she really outdid herself with that. i like the coconut confidence to but sunshine is out of this world amazing. i used it today over the honey hemp and my hair feels amazing. it doesnt give shine though which doesnt bother me much because i know natural hair doesnt really hair shine.

I can't read this. I can't. Must resist! :nono:

tonight im going to mix in some jbco in all of my conditioners so that no matter what it will get used. i cant seem to remember to use it so at least i can co wash with it.
im co washing with organix coconut milk conditioner this week and i cant wait to see how it works with jbco added.

Just got back from Whole Foods and the only thing I bought was Tints of Nature hair dye. I won't lie, I REALLY wanted to buy something, but this particular WF in Cambridge just doesn't have anything good. I did grab some real coconut slices and I'm eating them right now.

If you went to the one in Alewife then I agree. I hate their cosmetic/hair section.

If you went to the one in Alewife then I agree. I hate their cosmetic/hair section.

Yes that's the one! Don't know why I ever bother going there. The one in Medford is so much better and the woman who works in that aisle is much friendlier. Do you know which WF in the area sells bentonite clay? My DD uses it for her face. I find it in liquid form, but never in the powder.

Why did I ever stop using Giovanni SAS conditioner?
I love the slip it gives w/o the cones. Amazing.
I wish I could find the liter bottle.

Hey Ladies:grin:: What's Up? I am sitting applying Castor Oil.

I have been alternating between that, Wheat Germ and Essential Fatty Acids (EFA Oils).:grin:

Still focusing on using stuff up.:yep:

Is that wheat germ oil or conditioner, and what are you doing hot oil treatment with these oils?

T how do you use that keratin oil? Do you use it on it's own or do you mix into your conditioner, if so do you mix it with protein or moisture conditioner? Sorry I'm a bit clueless as to how to use this effectively! :blush:

This morning, I used vatika oil in my hair because I am going to wash when I get home. I hate the smell :nono: but my hair feels really good. I sprayed shescentit mositure mist on top but I still smell the vatika oil.

Is that wheat germ oil or conditioner, and what are you doing hot oil treatment with these oils?

Yes, wheat germ oil. I am on this Ceramides 'kick' and wheat germ oil contains Ceramides.

I started off early this Season, doing HOTs (but it didn't last long about 3-4 weeks max):look:.

I am using the Oils to Seal after I apply my Daily Moisturizers. Here is an Article Americka Shared with me, that explains Ceramides for anyone interested in incorporating them into their Regimen.

The thing that stuck out with me, is even if you have your Protein/Moisture in Perfect 'Balance' you still need Ceramides.:look:

So, I look at it as the icing on the cake. And I can definitely tell a difference in the way my hair looks/feels.

And since I had a bottle of Wheat Germ Oil 'collecting dust' I pulled it out.:grin:

http://juvenescent.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/ceramides-and-your-hair/

MrsdeReyes, where did you stay? OMG you're so lucky to get a break from this cold weather. I was born in Santo Domingo. Haven't been down there for about 8 years. My DD is getting married there next year.

BM, my sister lived in Santo Domingo for 4 years, she moved back to the states last year. I got married in Punta Cana, it was so beautiful.

T how do you use that keratin oil? Do you use it on it's own or do you mix into your conditioner, if so do you mix it with protein or moisture conditioner? Sorry I'm a bit clueless as to how to use this effectively! :blush:

When I was reading up on it on the Wella Site, it appears they put in throughout the hair and then put a DC on top of it.

So that's what I plan to do. Comb it throughout. Put on a DC Treatment (Moisture) and Steam/Heat Cap.

In that thread, Ladies were also mixing it in their relaxers.:yep: Not sure if I'll do that, but if you go back into that thread, alot of ladies were using it that way too.

I was in Santo Domingo :yep: My husband currently lives there. We went to the Malecon for the New Year's eve concert. It was my 4th visit of 2009, 1st of 2010. It was the first time that I was really looking for hair products though! He thought I was a bit obsessed. :ohwell:

Yes that's the one! Don't know why I ever bother going there. The one in Medford is so much better and the woman who works in that aisle is much friendlier. Do you know which WF in the area sells bentonite clay? My DD uses it for her face. I find it in liquid form, but never in the powder.

Is that the same as the aztec face mask? I go to the WF in burlington, it is great. The one by MGH has a whole cosmetic/hair section tucked away. Try there.

Why did I ever stop using Giovanni SAS conditioner?
I love the slip it gives w/o the cones. Amazing.
I wish I could find the liter bottle.

:grin:Giovanni SAS is soooo good:lick:! I ran out of the Direct Leave In and used SAS instead. OMG:lachen:Its so good i ran out and took advantage of a BOGO sale just before my self imposed Nobuy...knowing good and darn well I have like 3 8oz bottles at school and a half full TTTT in the bathroom .

Last edited:
Where are all these Trader Joes and Whole Foods located? I hear about them alot but I have never seen one in my entire life. Is it like Wegmans? Cuz thats all Ive got near me:sad:

Aubrey's GPB also has wheat germ oil, I noticed, it's like the 3rd ingredient too. Pretty cool.
:yep:

Yes, wheat germ oil. I am on this Ceramides 'kick' and wheat germ oil contains Ceramides.

I started off early this Season, doing HOTs (but it didn't last long about 3-4 weeks max):look:.

I am using the Oils to Seal after I apply my Daily Moisturizers. Here is an Article Americka Shared with me, that explains Ceramides for anyone interested in incorporating them into their Regimen.

The thing that stuck out with me, is even if you have your Protein/Moisture in Perfect 'Balance' you still need Ceramides.:look:

So, I look at it as the icing on the cake. And I can definitely tell a difference in the way my hair looks/feels.

And since I had a bottle of Wheat Germ Oil 'collecting dust' I pulled it out.:grin:

http://juvenescent.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/ceramides-and-your-hair/

Is that the same as the aztec face mask? I go to the WF in burlington, it is great. The one by MGH has a whole cosmetic/hair section tucked away. Try there.

Yes that's the one I'm looking for! My DD will be very happy. She's been ordering it online, but now I'll just pick one up for her.. and look around for myself LOL Burlington is just 10 minutes away, can't believe I've never bumped into it. Thanks!

I was in Santo Domingo :yep: My husband currently lives there. We went to the Malecon for the New Year's eve concert. It was my 4th visit of 2009, 1st of 2010. It was the first time that I was really looking for hair products though! He thought I was a bit obsessed. :ohwell:

He's talking nonsense! :spinning:

I stayed (vacationed) at a Resort in Punta Cana!:band2:

The big joke is that EVERYBODY has been to Punta Cana.. except me :nono:

BM, my sister lived in Santo Domingo for 4 years, she moved back to the states last year. I got married in Punta Cana, it was so beautiful.

I'm trying to get my DD to pick Punta Cana next year when she gets married. Our family is mainly in the capital so she's thinking Sto Dgo.. I keep saying "no no :nono: Pick Punta Cana!" because, again, I'm the only person in the USA that hasn't been there yet. :wallbash: LOL :grin:

Back