Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

i dont know what i wanna do to my hair. part of me wants to do a braid out but the other part of me just wants to braid my hair for the night and then continue with wash and goes for the week.
we'll see.

I'm liking it way too much. Its a sin against my blessed marriage LOLOLOL
One thing I have noticed off the bat is that my shedding has disappeared. In the winter my hair sheds like crazy and now I hardly see any hair on my comb. I want to try steamer with just an oil and see how that feels.

On the Instruction Sheet, that comes with it; it does refer to it as an Oil Rinser?

And if you type that in Google, The Steamer Pops up. So, I guess people use it as/for Oil Rinses as well:perplexed

That's a Subject, I am not very adverse on.:ohwell:

I'm sitting here logically scaling down my product stash. My hair loves hot oil for deep conditioning rather than commercial DC cons, so I'm gonna bring my stash down to:

3 shampoos (moisture, strength, clarifying)
2 conditioners (moisture, protein)
2 leave-ins (moisture/protein)
1 oil (at the moment I'm using up my Hot Six Oil, then I have about 15 ounces of coconut oil to use up and once I get through those I'm following my sister's advice and using EVOO)

Wow, that still looks like a lot plus I have an OCD thing where I have to buy 2 of hair products when I go hair shopping so I've got about 10 leave-ins to run through, and about 5 DCs to do something with and probably a few shampoos too lol.

Good Workable Plan AJ!:grin: Thanks for Sharing.

I'm sitting here logically scaling down my product stash. My hair loves hot oil for deep conditioning rather than commercial DC cons, so I'm gonna bring my stash down to:

3 shampoos (moisture, strength, clarifying)
2 conditioners (moisture, protein)
2 leave-ins (moisture/protein)
1 oil (at the moment I'm using up my Hot Six Oil, then I have about 15 ounces of coconut oil to use up and once I get through those I'm following my sister's advice and using EVOO)

Wow, that still looks like a lot plus I have an OCD thing where I have to buy 2 of hair products when I go hair shopping so I've got about 10 leave-ins to run through, and about 5 DCs to do something with and probably a few shampoos too lol.

I know I'll regret asking you this, but which 3 shampoos do you use? And how do you use them?

urggg today is not my best as far as products used. the pre poo conditioner i used was not the best. i used more than 1/3 the bottle so atleast itll be gone soon. and then i used the lush curly wurly shampoo and im glad it was only a sample. it feels and looks like a sugar scrub but once you put it on your hair all the little coconut thingies burst into lathers and bubbles. i liked that. very different. and it had a lot of slip for a shampoo, mannnnn i was having some kinda fun with that shampoo lol. but then when you rinse it out my hair felt like it was about the shrivel up and tangle. but i slapped on my two AO conditioners and you know i love me some AO. i let that sit in the shower for like 15 minutes and turned the water on super duper hot so i could get a major steam treat going on.
my hair fellt so soft when i rinsed. now im sitting her with my kbb hair milk on under my micro fiber towel(that i need to wash today lol) and im gonna put my hair in some chunky braids using sunshine in hello sweet thang.

Girl, I want to hear about how you're going to Steam this Oil?:lachen:

De-Lurk Yo'Self:lachen:

I've done it on wet hair as a sort of pre poo. I just got various oils, mixed them and applied it to my hair. I used peppermint oil too which gave a lovely tingle! I must start doing that again, I've been so lazy lately.

Oooh wow did you order one? :grin: I love when ladies purchase a steamer. I love hearing the glowing reports and live through that 'first time steaming experience' again and again. I almost feel a lil jealous! :lachen:

Okay, I'll be quiet now before folks think I'm crazy! :lol:

LOL, yes I ordered one, they actually refunded my money 3 times and I called and did it on the phone until it stopped coming back. So Mark from SalonsRUS says I should be getting it by February 10, since it comes to them by Jan. 30, 2010.

I am excited, I want to do a color and get under see how long it last. As well as a NICE deep condition and BM with all that 2 hours plus loving it, I am like :spinning::spinning: it must be good!

I know I'll regret asking you this, but which 3 shampoos do you use? And how do you use them?

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Cream Lather
Optimum Anti-Breakage Stay Strong
Herbal Essences Drama Clean

I like to alternate my moisture and protein products by the week, so for example this is moisture week. Every wash day that falls into this week I'll use my moisture shampoo, con and leave-in. No matter which week it is though, I always moisturize in between wash days with a moisture leave-in. My hair does like protein but I haven't really tested it yet to see just how much is too much. I clarify once a month, I've been doing that for about as long as I can remember.

Where did you get your headband from?

I bought a headband specifically for avoid the water going down my face. Its helpful and I have no problems with getting my clothes wet. Oh and I feel the same way you do (bolded above) this stuff is sooooo therapeutic. Honestly I wish I could steam all damn day LOL I work from home on Monday's and sometimes in the evening so I have it plugged in near my laptop and I just steam my life away. This is busy season for people that work in the accounting/auditing world so this will relieve the stress of working 55 hrs a week.

Thank you! I just mixed some bentonite clay for my stepdaughter today. She was having problems with acne. Between this, the steamer, me doing her hair later... imma have to start charging this child LOL

I'm liking it way too much. Its a sin against my blessed marriage LOLOLOL
One thing I have noticed off the bat is that my shedding has disappeared. In the winter my hair sheds like crazy and now I hardly see any hair on my comb. I want to try steamer with just an oil and see how that feels.

You're getting yours tomorrow, right?

I wish I was getting it tomorrow, they kept refunding my money and I didn't notice the first time, but the second and third time I did and I called them, it went to my paypal and I don't check my paypal, usually it is 0 balance.

The last time it went through, but Mark told me I'd see it on or Before Feb. 10, so while I wait I will drool at your comments at how much you love it!!! LOL :spinning:

It's true you did tell me! Not sure why I took so long to start looking into it!

Looking forward to doing my DC this evening. I'm going to experiment by steam DC'ing on dry hair. Have any ladies tried that, particularly using steam?

I do occasionally steam some coconut oil or EVOO as a prepoo on dry hair.

I also steam in my henna and indigo. I love the extra bling that it gives my hair.

Che, that thread you are referring to had me wanting to try the aphogee 2 step too. Her hair was very pretty afterwards.

Well..............This is a New Week. (To Stash Reduce).:look:

Are you all looking at Products that are almost Gone?:look:

I am 'thinking' about my Regi for next week (already)....Hopefully, I will use up 1 or 2 items. I know I will Millennia Mud (reconstructor) will be gone and the AO GPB Mix will also be gone. I will also use up a Vial of Ceramides.:yep:

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I have move several of my 8-10 ounce Conditioners into Rotation for using up.

Ladies.......It's time to Use Up Stuff. Make Informed Purchasing Decisions and Focus on Your Mission Statements:grin:

The last time it went through, but Mark told me I'd see it on or Before Feb. 10, so while I wait I will drool at your comments at how much you love it!!! LOL :spinning:

That's who I dealt with when I ordered the Replacement Water Reservoir.

He Told me they had Sold Out of Steamers and they Sold over 500 in the month of December alone:perplexed

I am 'thinking' about my Regi for next week (already)....Hopefully, I will use up 1 or 2 items. I know I will Millennia Mud (reconstructor) will be gone and the AO GPB Mix will also be gone. I will also use up a Vial of Ceramides.:yep:

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I have move several of my 8-10 ounce Conditioners into Rotation for using up.

Ladies.......It's time to Use Up Stuff. Make Informed Purchasing Decisions and Focus on Your Mission Statements:grin:

I will have some stuff gone, not this week but maybe the week after.

Has anyone used panthenol? How do you like the results?

I like panthenol. What really helped me early in my journey was finding VO5's Split Ends with Panthenol. I strongly believe it helped my hair become healthier. Many of the products I am drawn to have panthenol as an ingredient including my Nioxin poo and con.

That's who I dealt with when I ordered the Replacement Water Reservoir.

He Told me they had Sold Out of Steamers and they Sold over 500 in the month of December alone:perplexed

LOL, he did mention they sold alot and had a back order list already there. I called and he was like somebody keeps refunding your money, I am like well unless your giving it away free, we are going to keep putting it back, maybe they will grow tired, he laughed and then went to check on who kept refunding the money, after we found the culprit, the money stayed unrefunded.

But he is nice, I bought another machine from them and it had an issue with a couple of glass pieces he replaced 2 times with no issues and fast. So I trust this company alot.

Great customer service.

I wish I was part of that 500, I'd be steaming my hair color in right now! HUH!!!!

LOL, he did mention they sold alot and had a back order list already there. I called and he was like somebody keeps refunding your money, I am like well unless your giving it away free, we are going to keep putting it back, maybe they will grow tired, he laughed and then went to check on who kept refunding the money, after we found the culprit, the money stayed unrefunded.

But he is nice, I bought another machine from them and it had an issue with a couple of glass pieces he replaced 2 times with no issues and fast. So I trust this company alot.

Great customer service.

I wish I was part of that 500, I'd be steaming my hair color in right now! HUH!!!!

I Can't Wait until You Get Yours JJ!:grin:

next week one of my hair milks will be gone.
i was gonna use up my curl rehab conditioner but decided against it but i will use that up this week too.
i also know that within the next week or 2 i will finish my organix coconut milk conditioner and garnier fructis moisture works conditioner.
im also gonna try to get rid of my qhemet biologics brbc sample within the next 2 weeks.

next week one of my hair milks will be gone.
i was gonna use up my curl rehab conditioner but decided against it but i will use that up this week too.
i also know that within the next week or 2 i will finish my organix coconut milk conditioner and garnier fructis moisture works conditioner.
im also gonna try to get rid of my qhemet biologics brbc sample within the next 2 weeks.

You've really Gotten Your Stash Down Che.:grin: I'm excited about making a huge dent in mine within the next several months.

I feel better about managing it everyday. I kinda see a small light at the end of the tunnel. Not in Size (mind you), but in thought Process/Progress.:look:

Like I said B4, as long as I don't continue to add to --- I should be good. It totally becomes unmanagable when you keep adding/buying more products.....:nono:

DUH.....Yeah, the lightbulb finally went off on that one:lachen::rolleyes: :blush: :nono:

Yep that is how I started to wean out some of my products, so far I've Used up.

1) Aphogee 2 minute 8 oz bottle
2) Silk Elements Luxury Conditioner

And I feel great about that, I have some other things that are almost done. I figure in a few months I will have a decent amount gone. I am saving all my bottles to take a pic of what I have used for the year and see my income compared to my outgoing. :)

I Can't Wait until You Get Yours JJ!:grin:

Me Too! I have such high hopes when she arrives! huh! :lick::lick:

Yep that is how I started to wean out some of my products, so far I've Used up.

1) Aphogee 2 minute 8 oz bottle
2) Silk Elements Luxury Conditioner

And I feel great about that, I have some other things that are almost done. I figure in a few months I will have a decent amount gone. I am saving all my bottles to take a pic of what I have used for the year and see my income compared to my outgoing. :)

Me Too! I have such high hopes when she arrives! huh! :lick::lick:

Good Job Using stuff Up JJ!:yep: Keep up the Good Work.

I am getting excited with you!:grin: You'll be a Steaming Sensation:lick: It really is Relaxing............Slap some of your thickest DC in and just steam away:lachen:

You've really Gotten Your Stash Down Che.:grin: I'm excited about making a huge dent in mine within the next several months.

I feel better about managing it everyday. I kinda see a small light at the end of the tunnel. Not in Size (mind you), but in thought Process/Progress.:look:

Like I said B4, as long as I don't continue to add to --- I should be good. It totally becomes unmanagable when you keep adding/buying more products.....:nono:

DUH.....Yeah, the lightbulb finally went off on that one:lachen::rolleyes: :blush: :nono:
yea, the mental is the biggest part of it all. being able to see that you have a plan of getting it down and are actually putting that plan into action:yep:
i still have more products than i need but 80% of them will be repurchases because they are staples. its not that i have a bunch of products, its that most of my products are multiples:blush:

yea, the mental is the biggest part of it all. being able to see that you have a plan of getting it down and are actually putting that plan into action:yep:
i still have more products than i need but 80% of them will be repurchases because they are staples. its not that i have a bunch of products, its that most of my products are multiples:blush:

Me Too!:look: Good Analogy. I'll have 3-4/5-6 of the same things.:yep:

yep, i have abotu 5-6 kbb hair milks and 5-6 sunshines. other than that i usually have 2 of everything that i like. my thing is i never wanna feel like i will be without.

i just got through flat ironing my moms hair. her hair was so freaking shiny and soft and the only thing she used after blow drying her hair was the shea butter mix i gave her. the mix was, shea butter, avocado butter, olive butter, olive oil, coconut oil, a tiny bit of jbco and i think wheat germ oil but i cant remember.

Back