Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I figure this will have to be my home for a while. :look::grin:

Girl, we have a good time in here.:grin: And Hopefully can 'work through' our Product issues................:yep:

BM is a "Recovered/Reformed PJ" so, she's in here to support us and 'help' us make it through:lachen: Even though she just bought 8 bottles of HSR.........

^^^See I don't think that's a bad thing if it's a staple product and you know you're not going to stray from it. It's more economical to buy in bulk anyway... :yep: It's the constant need to try different things. Even as I typed that post I was looking at other products. There's nothing wrong with my regimen so why I feel the need to keep buying is anyone's guess. :ohwell:

I think I'm just going to have to stop going into threads entitled "Wow **** is tha bomb" :lol:

It will do something for your hair, even if you don't notice it straight away you will see a difference with consistent use. I had about five strands in the back of my hair in December 08, the steam has really helped the health of my hair.

Yeah that dripping hot water isn't funny. :ohwell: When I used to go to my stylist for a steam she would wrap my hairline in a strip of cotton wool, think of cotton wool that you can tear off from a roll. That would catch all the water drops; I need to buy some myself.

I keep a Towel Draped Around My Shoulders:yep: (which I also use for my forehead/face.

You are right Chaos: It is extremely Therapeutic & Totally Relaxing:lick:

Thank you both! :kiss:
I'm back under the steamer with Nexxus Humectress and Vatika Oil. The towel is really helping..it's much more comfortable now.
And I'll be looking out for cotton wool in CVS. :yep:

^^^See I don't think that's a bad thing if it's a staple product and you know you're not going to stray from it. It's more economical to buy in bulk anyway... :yep: It's the constant need to try different things. Even as I typed that post I was looking at other products. There's nothing wrong with my regimen so why I feel the need to keep buying is anyone's guess. :ohwell:

I think I'm just going to have to stop going into threads entitled "Wow **** is tha bomb" :lol:

IK! I love BM!:giggle: I am glad she's in here. She makes it fun.:woot:

I was teasing her.:angel: She has alot of Hair and she Does alot of Hair.:grin:

IK! You and I are alot alike as far as forever researching products. Only this year, I'm not buying.

At least, that's what I am going to try to do.

IK! I love BM!:giggle: I am glad she's in here. She makes it fun.:woot:

I was teasing her.:angel: She has alot of Hair and she Does alot of Hair.:grin:

IK! You and I are alot alike as far as forever researching products. Only this year, I'm not buying.

At least, that's what I am going to try to do.

Good girl! :yep:

BostonMaria how are you liking your steamer - I'm assuming you likey? :drunk::grin:

How do you mix the powders without a mess is it thick? I had it dripping all over the place so I started doing tea rinse.
I had about 3 tbs of powder and I added about half a bottle of the family sized suave, it wasn't thick at all, about the same consistency as when I do powder and water for a paste.

I think some of the breakage I noticed last week may have been from not completely getting my cassia paste out of my hair. :nono:

Soon I will indulge in steamer talk! LOL

Oooh wow did you order one? :grin: I love when ladies purchase a steamer. I love hearing the glowing reports and live through that 'first time steaming experience' again and again. I almost feel a lil jealous! :lachen:

Okay, I'll be quiet now before folks think I'm crazy! :lol:

Oooh wow did you order one? :grin: I love when ladies purchase a steamer. I love hearing the glowing reports and live through that 'first time steaming experience' again and again. I almost feel a lil jealous! :lachen:

Okay, I'll be quiet now before folks think I'm crazy! :lol:

That's How I am Tee:grin: You Know I could talk Steama' Talk all Night too. It feels incredible.

They already know in this thread not to get me started talking mess about that Steama':rolleyes: :lachen: It's absolutely wonderful.:blush:

Today I went to the salon. I wasn't going to go, but I planned to earlier in the week, so I went anyway. She shampooed/clarified and DC with Salerm, used Salerm leave in and rollerset/wrapped. Oh the softness, the shine....she's back y'all!

I need to keep it wrapped for the rest of the night, but I want to play w/my hair.

Today I went to the salon. I wasn't going to go, but I planned to earlier in the week, so I went anyway. She shampooed/clarified and DC with Salerm, used Salerm leave in and rollerset/wrapped. Oh the softness, the shine....she's back y'all!

I need to keep it wrapped for the rest of the night, but I want to play w/my hair.

@Bolded: I knew that was one of the 'potential' culprits you were facing...........:yep:

mkd, this is whats in the shampoo bar:

Shea butter soap base infused with ayurvedic oils and herbs...like Alma, Shikakai, Neem, Brahmi and Hibiscus... these herbs and oils are all known to encourage a healthy scalp,help with the premature greying of the hair, control dandruff, and stimulate hair growth with regular use.

mkd, this is whats in the shampoo bar:

Shea butter soap base infused with ayurvedic oils and herbs...like Alma, Shikakai, Neem, Brahmi and Hibiscus... these herbs and oils are all known to encourage a healthy scalp,help with the premature greying of the hair, control dandruff, and stimulate hair growth with regular use.
That sounds really good!

i went to this farmers market today and there was this huge sign that said PURE SHEA BUTTER. so yall know i went on over there and that was the weirdest shea butter i had ever seen lol. it was white all around the top but a yellowish color on the inside. so i was like naw im cool lmao.

then i went to lush and got two fresh faced masks, the cupcake and the brazend honey. i also got a sample of the curly wurly shampoo.

last night i finshed all of my ojon mist so now im starting to use my CURLS quench spray. and today i finished my banana brulee.

I steamed to for like 30 minutes. I'm sure I'll steam tomorrow then it's back to rollersetting. My stepdaughter (13) was making fun of me today, talking about my hair craziness and what not....then had the audacity to use my AOHR AND my steamer!!! I said you talk smack and then reap the benefits with that hip length hair. It ain't right LOL

BTW I really like my steamer. I'm on my iPhone right now so I can't upload pictures of today's wash n go. My sister loved my hair, but told me that my hair is very wavy now and not necessarily curly like when I was APL. I think it's the length weighing it down. I got all paranoid haha but I know I have no heat damage. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Oh and as far as my 8 bottles of AOHR for $30 LOL I'm now down to 6 bottles. If you're wondering why, peep my "family" album. My DH said he'll try my steamer tomorrow haha mind you he's a 6' tall Puerto Rican dude that would scare most people and he'll be sitting pretty with DC on his naps, avocado oil on his face, shades down

Oooh sounds good! I want to try some of that Salerm, but that's probably not the best thing to be admitting to in this thread! :blush::look:

Oooh sounds good! I want to try some of that Salerm, but that's probably not the best thing to be admitting to in this thread! :blush::look:

Oh don't get me started! So do I!

inner thoughts :rolleyes:---> (shhhhhh just breathe rosie put the credit card down shhhhhh. it'll be ok, tomorrow you'll use your silicon mix you like that, shhhh.)

Thank you both! :kiss:
I'm back under the steamer with Nexxus Humectress and Vatika Oil. The towel is really helping..it's much more comfortable now.
And I'll be looking out for cotton wool in CVS. :yep:

They have cotton coil at Sally's. They have a few different types too.

T you're so funny! :lol:

I was looking at some old threads, did you ever buy the Pureology mask you were considering?

T you're so funny! :lol:

I was looking at some old threads, did you ever buy the Pureology mask you were considering?

Yeah Girl. I copped.:look: Old News. Although, I Haven't Used Yet.

It was extremely Intriguing.:yep: It has Blueberry, Acai Berry and Pomegrante.

A Definitely Antioxidant Cocktail of sorts. I will work my way to it someday.:yep:

You Know I am A SUCKER for All Things Hair Masques, Hair Pastes etc......:spinning:

Yeah Girl. I copped.:look: Old News. Although, I Haven't Used Yet.

It was extremely Intriguing.:yep: It has Blueberry, Acai Berry and Pomegrante.

A Definitely Antioxidant Cocktail of sorts. I will work my way to it someday.:yep:

You Know I am A SUCKER for All Things Hair Masques, Hair Pastes etc......:spinning:

I know, the ingredients are to die for. :lick: I don't know how you can resist not tearing into the tub and using it straight away. :lachen:

I want it bad, but the price stopped me, which is just as well! :ohwell: I know if I loved the masque I would want the poo and the leave in too, all of which sound divine and it would be nice to use a line exclusively. Pmsl, look how I'm bringing my bad PJ vibes to your support thread! I'mma stop now! :lachen:

I know, the ingredients are to die for. :lick: I don't know how you can resist not tearing into the tub and using it straight away. :lachen:

I want it bad, but the price stopped me, which is just as well! :ohwell: I know if I loved the masque I would want the poo and the leave in too, all of which sound divine and it would be nice to use a line exclusively. Pmsl, look how I'm bringing my bad PJ vibes to your support thread! I'mma stop now! :lachen:

Ain't it the Truth!:lachen:

Girl............You Gon' Have PJ's Feinin' and causing Major Setbacks:drool: Specifically Me!:rolleyes: j/k.........

You Got to Develop Your Mission Statement: What You Hope to Accomplish by Being in this Support Group?????

Perhaps that will 'Help' Calm you down.:look:

btw: I told you months ago to check out Pureology.:blush:

It's true you did tell me! Not sure why I took so long to start looking into it!

Looking forward to doing my DC this evening. I'm going to experiment by steam DC'ing on dry hair. Have any ladies tried that, particularly using steam?

It's true you did tell me! Not sure why I took so long to start looking into it!

Looking forward to doing my DC this evening. I'm going to experiment by steam DC'ing on dry hair. Have any ladies tried that, particularly using steam?

I haven't (on dry hair:nono:).

I think Shay Might? And maybe Taz007? I think she may too.:yep:

I've never done it, so You'll have to Keep me posted.:yep:

Back