Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

Yeah will do. I'm a bit scared though - don't know why. :perplexed Probably cause I'm using steam. I think the majority of other ladies have done this method using a hood dryer.

What did you do to your hair this weekend T?

Hi ladies, just checking in. Im going to wash my hair today. I have been just really leaving it alone. Moisturizing every other day and that's it. Im going to do a deep deep conditioning because i skipped wendsday. Today im going to use:

Elucence poo
mbc
homemade dc

moisturize with sunshine and tw mist. My shea challenge has been over but i don't want to use anything else.

This is ot but some of you know i have a handmade soap fetish. I had 16-17 bars and now im down to 7. When these are gone im not ordering soap or face products offline anymore. Im going to go with the alba brand that i can find at walgreens. Giovanni makes really nice shower gels also.

Yeah will do. I'm a bit scared though - don't know why. :perplexed Probably cause I'm using steam. I think the majority of other ladies have done this method using a hood dryer.

What did you do to your hair this weekend T?

No.:nono: I think Shay and Taz Steam on Dry Hair occasionally, if I'm not mistaken. Maybe they'll Chime in, if they're on. I've never done it tho'.

I Henna'd. Steamed with an AO GPB, L'anza Kukui Nut and a splash of EVOO. I think I may add the penetrating oils to my weekly DC'ing treatments to use them up.

I believe a Conditioner should be able to stand on it's own without all that mixing, but I am trying to use up some stuff and I had a corner of GPB and a corner of the L'anza so I mixed them. The Oils, I just want to use them up. And just stick to the Penetrating ones.

I have Sweet Almond, Apricot Kernel, Jojoba, and a bunch of others:ohwell:.

But I just have a tiny bit of Olive and a tiny bit of Coconut and since they penetrate, I will use them up First mixed in DC'ers. (and replace down the road).:look:

The Sweet Almond, Macadamia, Apricot, Jojoba (prolly won't be replaced after I use them up, not sure:perplexed). But Probably won't especially since they don't penetrate the Hair Shaft.

I do want to try: Cameila Oil at some point.:yep: And this Summer, I will replace my Grapeseed Oil, which is a Great lightweight Oil.

This is ot but some of you know i have a handmade soap fetish. I had 16-17 bars and now im down to 7. When these are gone im not ordering soap or face products offline anymore. Im going to go with the alba brand that i can find at walgreens. Giovanni makes really nice shower gels also.

:clap:
Yay, good job using those up!
And I think it's a good idea to stop buying soaps offline...you can save so much money not paying for shipping costs.
Have you tried the Alba and Giovanni brands before?

And ladies, do you think it would be bad to steam my hair again?
I just did it yesterday (for two hours :blush:), but then afterwards, I think I jacked up my results with too much lottabody and cranking the dryer up too high. I really liked how my hair felt after I rinsed out my DC, but by the time I came out from that dryer...:hair:.
I want to do it again (no shampoo or protein, just a DC), but this time, I'm going to leave out setting lotion and dry on lower heat and see what happens.

From What I've Read (On-Line): Giovanni & Aubrey has some great Scents in Body Washes, Scrubs & Soaps.:yep:

I was on a Sugar/Salt Scrub Kick a while back. And the Giovanni & Aubrey Looked tempting. Alba is nice as well. (Haven't tried their body products tho', but they make a wonderful Leave-In.

But I kicked that (Sugar/Salt Scrub addiction a long time ago). And don't want to go back.:lachen:

Browse at Vitaglo. (Just to get an idea of some of the wonderful scents they list) And Regardless of How Much You Get/Order the Shipping is only $5.00.

And I think it's a good idea to stop buying soaps offline...you can save so much money not paying for shipping costs.

I just did it yesterday (for two hours :blush:), but then afterwards, I think I jacked up my results with too much lottabody and cranking the dryer up too high. I really liked how my hair felt after I rinsed out my DC, but by the time I came out from that dryer...:hair:.
I want to do it again (no shampoo or protein, just a DC), but this time, I'm going to leave out setting lotion and dry on lower heat and see what happens.

Chile, Gwan' and Crank Up that Steamer Again:lachen: What will you be DC'ing with:lick:????

Yeah it should be okay to do it again. :yep: Maybe not for another 2 hours though, you don't want to OD on moisture!

Thanks chaos, i didn't even notice until yesterday when my bin looked a little empty. I counted them, its a small victory. I have used giovanni shower gel and soap bars before. I prefer the shower gel because it thick,lathers well and gets you clean without drying the skin. The bars are a bit drying. I have not tried alba for my face but they do have travel sizes that i can try out first for only a dollar or 2.

From What I've Read (On-Line): Giovanni & Aubrey has some great Scents in Body Washes, Scrubs & Soaps.:yep:

I was on a Sugar/Salt Scrub Kick a while back. And the Giovanni & Aubrey Looked tempting. Alba is nice as well. (Haven't tried their body products tho', but they make a wonderful Leave-In.

But I kicked that (Sugar/Salt Scrub addiction a long time ago). And don't want to go back.:lachen:

Browse at Vitaglo. (Just to get an idea of some of the wonderful scents they list) And Regardless of How Much You Get/Order the Shipping is only $5.00.

I can only get aubrey at the health food store and they double charge. Shopping online has taught me to compare prices and if you don't you will get ripped off. I would look at vitaglo but im really trying to get away from ordering online unless i can't find it here. Thanks anyway.

I wish I didn't have to depend so much on online retailers. I would hate to think about the amount I spend on shipping. :ohwell:

Chile, Gwan' and Crank Up that Steamer Again:lachen: What will you be DC'ing with:lick:????

The Steamer Queen has spoken. :rofl:

I'm gonna do it with Nexxus Humectress, no Vatika Oil this time. I think I can still get two more DCs out of the bottle, and then it'll be gone. Even though I really love this conditioner, I'm kind of excited for it to be gone...I want to try some other stuff. :look:

Thanks Cream Tee!
I definitely won't be doing it for another two hours. :yep:
And I'm doing it on dry hair, so I guess we'll be experimenting together. I think that doing it on dry hair would be good though, because there'll be more space in the hair for it to absorb conditioner.

I can only get aubrey at the health food store and they double charge. Shopping online has taught me to compare prices and if you don't you will get ripped off. I would look at vitaglo but im really trying to get away from ordering online unless i can't find it here. Thanks anyway.

I Understand.

But, it will give you an idea of some of the stuff Giovanni, Alba and Aubrey has out there for Body/Skin. And if all fails, you know you'll have a $5.00 back-up.:yep: And their prices are 'dirt cheap'

Like AO Conditioner are only $5.00 $6.00. And at the Health Food Store here they are $12.00 - $16.00.:nono:

I wish I didn't have to depend so much on online retailers. I would hate to think about the amount I spend on shipping. :ohwell:

I think We ALL are trying to cut down on On-Line Retailers. :grin: Unfortunately, for the products we 'enjoy' we Rely Heavily on Them.:sad:

I cannot see myself depending on Sally & other BSS for 'Products"' I guess I could find alot of the stuff I 'prefer' at TJMaxx/Marshall's. But then I'd have to Fight My Way through the Clothes, the Shoes, the Perfumes, the Housewares etc:ohwell:........And CVS, Walgreen's I'd pick up stuff too.:ohwell:

So, that's the trade off I guess.:sad: Would I save more money? I could always go into Salons to buy stuff I guess. The YT Girl that does my Pedicures said she could get Redken stuff for me at Cost, but that's a Hassle too?:perplexed

For now, I got enough stuff, where it won't become an issue until 2011-2012.:lachen:

I Understand.

But, it will give you an idea of some of the stuff Giovanni, Alba and Aubrey has out there for Body/Skin. And if all fails, you know you'll have a $5.00 back-up.:yep: And their prices are 'dirt cheap'

Like AO Conditioner are only $5.00 $6.00. And at the Health Food Store here they are $12.00 - $16.00.:nono:

I will look at it, i won't need anything for at least another month for face stuff anyway. Ill check them out.

I Forgot to Report: The Replacement for My Steamer (the Water Reservoir) Came Friday!!!!:band:

Looks Like I am back in Business!:blondboob No more leaking/seeping.

This time, I will be more careful handling it.

I know I dropped it B4 on the Kitchen Floor and that's probably when it Cracked.:rolleyes:

It's true you did tell me! Not sure why I took so long to start looking into it!

Looking forward to doing my DC this evening. I'm going to experiment by steam DC'ing on dry hair. Have any ladies tried that, particularly using steam?

Until recently like the past few months I always dc'd and steamed on dry hair. I just recently started washing my hair 1x/wk before it was like every 2 weeks or once a month. I started styling my hair more rather than just slapping it back in a bun. I'm back to bunning it up 5 days a week so I may cut back on the pooing but for some reason I like shampooing now so IDK. Right now I dc and steam on dry hair 1x/wk. I dc and steam on wet hair 1x/wk. Matter of fact I will be doing that today.

Finished a bottle of shikakai oil. I have another bottle waiting. I also finished two bottles of Hairveda's Asha Omega oil. Won't be a repurchase. I never used it the way it was intended so I can't give a review.

I pulled out some of my 8-10 ounce Conditioners (I'll use them for Co-Washing). So, they are next on the 'Hit List' I am ready to get some of these outta the way.:grin:

No Telling when I'll even look at:look: King-Kong (Liters).

Still happy I don't have any Godzillas (Gallons). Unless, it was the only thing I was using.

Who Knows, by the time I Drill Down Deep into My Stash, there may be 1 or 2 Things I wouldn't Mind investing in Gallons. We'll See. But the smaller ones have been moved into Rotation.:grin:

hi ladies.
im chickening out of using the aphogee 2 step. i dont think i need that strong of a protein just yet because i use light proteins pretty often. so i'll keep it for next month or so.
right now i have LUSH american cream on and so far i like it. it has the same texture as honey hemp conditioner. after i rinse this out i will shampoo lightly and then deep condition with a mix of AO gbb and AO blue cammomile.
i really need to deep condition with heat since i dont do it as often as i should, i normally just pre poo for hours. but since i upped my shampooing i need to use heat as often as i can.

hi ladies.
im chickening out of using the aphogee 2 step. i dont think i need that strong of a protein just yet because i use light proteins pretty often. so i'll keep it for next month or so.
right now i have LUSH american cream on and so far i like it. it has the same texture as honey hemp conditioner. after i rinse this out i will shampoo lightly and then deep condition with a mix of AO gbb and AO blue cammomile.
i really need to deep condition with heat since i dont do it as often as i should, i normally just pre poo for hours. but since i upped my shampooing i need to use heat as often as i can.

I was 'wondering' why You Bought that?:lachen:

Or thought you Needed that? Especially since you use a Light/Medium Reconstructor and/or Protein Treatment Often Anyway.:perplexed

I was 'wondering' why You Bought that?:lachen:

Or thought you Needed that? Especially since you use a Light/Medium Reconstructor and/or Protein Treatment Often Anyway.:perplexed
:lachen:i got carried away after reading that thread about the girl who used it and it plumped her natural curls. i was like "heck yea i wanna try that" lol.

I really don't feel that I need a strong protein treatment anymore because I regularly use light protein, but I might use a hard treatment just before I do my next relaxer.

I really don't feel that I need a strong protein treatment anymore because I regularly use light protein, but I might use a hard treatment just before I do my next relaxer.

IA: The use of a light/med protein treatment (weekly) has really helped to strengthened my Hair.:yep:

Even if this thing does nothing for my hair, I'll still be happy I bought it. The stress relief is great. It's almost done, and then I'm going to let my hair cool and my cuticles close before rinsing the stuff out.

But BM, you're my hero.
I couldn't stay under this thing for 2 hours straight...I have water pouring down my face after only 20 minutes. Maybe I should invest in some terry cloth bands to put on my forehead. Do any of you guys have this problem?
My shirt is wet too. And it's kind of boiling my shoulder. :ohwell:

I bought a headband specifically for avoid the water going down my face. Its helpful and I have no problems with getting my clothes wet. Oh and I feel the same way you do (bolded above) this stuff is sooooo therapeutic. Honestly I wish I could steam all damn day LOL I work from home on Monday's and sometimes in the evening so I have it plugged in near my laptop and I just steam my life away. This is busy season for people that work in the accounting/auditing world so this will relieve the stress of working 55 hrs a week.

IK! I love BM!:giggle: I am glad she's in here. She makes it fun.:woot:

I was teasing her.:angel: She has alot of Hair and she Does alot of Hair.:grin:

Thank you! I just mixed some bentonite clay for my stepdaughter today. She was having problems with acne. Between this, the steamer, me doing her hair later... imma have to start charging this child LOL

Good girl! :yep:

BostonMaria how are you liking your steamer - I'm assuming you likey? :drunk::grin:

I'm liking it way too much. Its a sin against my blessed marriage LOLOLOL
One thing I have noticed off the bat is that my shedding has disappeared. In the winter my hair sheds like crazy and now I hardly see any hair on my comb. I want to try steamer with just an oil and see how that feels.

Soon I will indulge in steamer talk! LOL

You're getting yours tomorrow, right?

what types of products do you chicas use for finger coils? I would like to try them out on my head but i dont want to look like a hot crunchy mess..

I'm sitting here logically scaling down my product stash. My hair loves hot oil for deep conditioning rather than commercial DC cons, so I'm gonna bring my stash down to:

3 shampoos (moisture, strength, clarifying)
2 conditioners (moisture, protein)
2 leave-ins (moisture/protein)
1 oil (at the moment I'm using up my Hot Six Oil, then I have about 15 ounces of coconut oil to use up and once I get through those I'm following my sister's advice and using EVOO)

Wow, that still looks like a lot plus I have an OCD thing where I have to buy 2 of hair products when I go hair shopping so I've got about 10 leave-ins to run through, and about 5 DCs to do something with and probably a few shampoos too lol.

Back