Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I have mini-stashes and then forget or can't remember in which spot I left it. It was too much. Now I have a new organizing system and am determined to make everything fit. Staples in the top, "get through this" on the bottom" and a wish list in my journal.

I would look at all my stuff and get overwhelmed. Now I just want to streamline - and be patient.

I finally broke through the post relaxer dryness issues, but my hair is dull after I wash and rollerset (even with alittle apricot oil on the ends). Don't know what to do about that yet.

I used to have 20 conditioners at any given time all lined up and I can't explain why that would make me feel happy. Right now I have 7 bottles of AOHR in my stash and wow I feel so empty and sad LMAO I ended up getting some KBB from Eisani I'm looking forward to next week, but no big purchases for me. It's just way too easy for me to fall back onto my old ways. *sigh* I'm at home ready to rollerset my DD's hair again.
it is so easy to fall back. i was on afroveda's site just looking at it like something new would jump out at me. i have already tried all her butters and i was still on the site:lachen:
im perfectly happy with shea butter and sunshine but i was still like :lick:

it is so easy to fall back. i was on afroveda's site just looking at it like something new would jump out at me. i have already tried all her butters and i was still on the site:lachen:

It is a Daily Struggle. And you have to know it. And Face it. And Deal with it as 'an addiction':blush:

And it's hard not to 'replace' one addiction for another. Brownie was just talking about some body/skin care products, and I thought, I don't need to 'trade' one addiction for another.:nono:

I gotta beat this Hair Product Thang, before I even think about looking at/getting into something else.:blush:

It's Difficult.:rolleyes:

I have mini-stashes and then forget or can't remember in which spot I left it. It was too much. Now I have a new organizing system and am determined to make everything fit. Staples in the top, "get through this" on the bottom" and a wish list in my journal.

I would look at all my stuff and get overwhelmed. Now I just want to streamline - and be patient.

I finally broke through the post relaxer dryness issues, but my hair is dull after I wash and rollerset (even with alittle apricot oil on the ends). Don't know what to do about that yet.

Could you possibly be having Porosity Issues? How is your Protein/Moisture Balance? And how often do you clarify?

I used Phyto Kelate 2 weeks ago

This is what I did last wash: co-washed with Nexxus Humectress, DC with 11 n 1 conditioner mixed with olive oil and honey (overnight because I was too tired). Rinsed in the morning and did ACV rinse - no product. That night my scalp was itchy - I can't really take overnight DC. I washed with Redkin Allsoft shampoo, sprayed Lanzi Moisture Leave-in, alittle Rusk smoother, and Apricot oil on the ends. Rollerset. There was no shine on my hair.

It is the same at the hair dresser, but I thought with the cones from the shampoos and Lanzi, it would give alittle bump - nope.

Protein/Moisture - pulled strand just now - there's good give before it snaps, so I believe its good.

im going to try a twist out again tonight. my tiwst out never turn out right but tonight im going to try it by doing chunky flat twists. im going to mist my hair with ojon and twist using coconut confidence. if it doesnt turn out right then i give up on twist outs and will just work on perfecting my braid outs since they tend to come out somewhat descent.

don't give up on the twist out Chebaby. They are really pretty. I think the key to a good twist out is uniformity and somewhat loose twists with a good creamy leave-in to fight frizz.

I have never tried not to poo before:lachen:lol. But i may try the hairone stuff when i get some of this shampoo gone.

Hubby Cancelled my Wen order (when I asked for the Steamer instead) and I tried this stuff, I LOVE IT! I bought 3 bottles of Hair ONE. I have used it for 3 weeks. I used my Healthy Sexy Hair Chocolate SOy milk sulfate free shampoo prior too and see a difference in using sulfate free shampoo.

Hair one is great for my hair. I feel a better clean than co-washing, even though I added Peppermint essential oil to my conditioners. This Hair One is the ONe for me. :)

i went back to using kbb hair milk as a leave in and my hair thanks me. i was going back and forth between all of my leave ins (darcys leave in, detaingling milk, peach kernal milk, giovanni and milkshake) and my hair felt weird. it would dry soft but then the moisture would run away lol. i should have never left kbb hair milk. yep, im touching my puff now and its so soft.
for some reason i like darcys botanicals but her milks arent great. its like an infatuation i have with her line lol.

I loved the hair milk, i wish i could use it in the winter but i can't. Im glad that i tried tw mist, i can use it all year.

That Will Be Wonderful!:grin:

I Hope you Have One Too Sis.:hug3:

Glad You were able to stay on top of things this winter and you aren't faced with the Challenges you had last winter.:yep:

Yes last winter was horrible and my first time natural. My poor colochas were always hard and crunchy, now my hair is happy.

Where is Lamara?:look:

I tried to pm her to see what's up and it said she's not receiving messages.:perplexed

I don't think she is here anymore.:sad:

hijab, sometimes it is more trouble holding on to things that do not work. maybe you can try to swap so that you dont have to throw anything out.

im going to try a twist out again tonight. my tiwst out never turn out right but tonight im going to try it by doing chunky flat twists. im going to mist my hair with ojon and twist using coconut confidence. if it doesnt turn out right then i give up on twist outs and will just work on perfecting my braid outs since they tend to come out somewhat descent.

Twistouts was my go to style and I could never get braidouts to look right. Now my twistouts look crazy and my braidouts look great :lachen:.

How's the Sorting Coming?:look: I looked at some Camelia Seed Oil a while back. It was about $40.00.

I may come back to it later. (after I manage to use up a few more oils and eliminate some that I won't repurchase).

I guess I'll always keep EVOO, EVCO and Avacado (because they penetrate the Hair Shaft) and Argan because I like it.:ohwell:

Some of the Others, I can let go of. i.e. sesame seed, soy, sweet almond (and maybe even jojoba)
Girl I quit sorting and ordered some Indian food :laugh: I also finished some homework and called it a night. I have a lot of oils, but nothing has made my face feel as good as that camellia grapefruit oil :lick:
You know its funny/bad/:blush: when I know every bottle in the box by looking at the top (with the exception of the two big bottles)
The two big bottles in the lower right corner? Those are bottles of the original Creme of Nature poo. With the exception of three bottles, that entire box is full of cowashing conditioners. Oh, and some Sitrinillah I have yet to open.

Chebaby, I feel you on the twist out I can't get a good one either. I did a braid out and others like it but I did not. I'm transitioning and have only 1" of relax ends. I think it just I'm not used to that hair style and need to let it grow on me.

Hey ladies, last night I mixed bramhi, kapli tone and amla in with some suave and left it on for an hour. I really really liked the results. I also got a box of powder for my face and I LOVE that too. My face felt like silk. I have decided that I am only going to do cassia glosses going foward. I like to mix cassia with water and make a past but I am over how long it takes to wash it out. The powders mixed with conditioner came out so much easier. I know that glosses probably won't be as effective but I am ok with that. Oh yeah and I prepood with amla gold before I washed last night and I like it a lot. The smell is very perfumey but I guess its better than what people say the regular amla oil smells like.

Hey ladies, last night I mixed bramhi, kapli tone and amla in with some suave and left it on for an hour. I really really liked the results. I also got a box of powder for my face and I LOVE that too. My face felt like silk. I have decided that I am only going to do cassia glosses going foward. I like to mix cassia with water and make a past but I am over how long it takes to wash it out. The powders mixed with conditioner came out so much easier. I know that glosses probably won't be as effective but I am ok with that. Oh yeah and I prepood with amla gold before I washed last night and I like it a lot. The smell is very perfumey but I guess its better than what people say the regular amla oil smells like.
I'm glad you liked the results! After our PMs and going thru my ayurveda box, I decided to cowash ayer with some WRTC and V05 fresa y crema mixed together, there was only a dab of the V05 left. I added some kapoor kachli powder to the conditioner. i rinsed and cowashed again with EMB and just let my hair air dry. Umm, the back of my hair is a try, tangly, nappy mess so now I have to cowash again and figure out how to make myself look decent today. Think I'll do some twists and leave then in until tomorrow. I really hate doing my hair two days in a row now!!

BM, I'm on my way to the PO after I wash this hair!

Hey Eisani, what's the difference between BKT and texlaxing? I'm curious. You mentioned yesterday you missed texlaxing.

I'm under the steamer right now watching Elmo's world with Leilany. I'm going to attempt another wash n go which is crazy talk mid winter LOL but I'm hoping it comes out nice. I am DCing with AOHR mixed with my last drop of Vatika frosting + aloe Vera juice+ avocado oil. It's a hairgasm on my scalp LOL

When I'm done with steaming I'm going to rinse this out and put some black gel on my hair (prostyle)

How do you mix the powders without a mess is it thick? I had it dripping all over the place so I started doing tea rinse.

I wanna give my lil cuz some products. she is 9 and her hair is on its last legs.:ohwell:But then thats not really my place ....:sad:

Doing so would help me decrease my stash though...hmmmm

Hey Eisani, what's the difference between BKT and texlaxing? I'm curious. You mentioned yesterday you missed texlaxing.

I'm under the steamer right now watching Elmo's world with Leilany. I'm going to attempt another wash n go which is crazy talk mid winter LOL but I'm hoping it comes out nice. I am DCing with AOHR mixed with my last drop of Vatika frosting + aloe Vera juice+ avocado oil. It's a hairgasm on my scalp LOL

When I'm done with steaming I'm going to rinse this out and put some black gel on my hair (prostyle)
BKT doesn't have the same chemical make up of a relaxer and it doesn't last as long as relaxing/texlaxing. BKT wears off in 3-4 months, but as you know relaxing lasts a lot longer and has to be grown out or cut off. The longer my natural hair gets, the less I can handle this stuff! I think I can imagine what my mom went through dealing with both my and sissy's hair! We were (are) both tender heads too!

I'm under my steamer with my weekly protein right now, and man I love this thing!
My scalp is all tingling so hard. I carry alot of tightness in my scalp, neck, and back and I can feel the muscles up there relaxing and releasing all the tension from the week.
Even if this thing does nothing for my hair, I'll still be happy I bought it. The stress relief is great. It's almost done, and then I'm going to let my hair cool and my cuticles close before rinsing the stuff out.

But BM, you're my hero.
I couldn't stay under this thing for 2 hours straight...I have water pouring down my face after only 20 minutes. Maybe I should invest in some terry cloth bands to put on my forehead. Do any of you guys have this problem?
My shirt is wet too. And it's kind of boiling my shoulder. :ohwell:

I'm under my steamer with my weekly protein right now, and man I love this thing!
My scalp is all tingling so hard. I carry alot of tightness in my scalp, neck, and back and I can feel the muscles up there relaxing and releasing all the tension from the week.
Even if this thing does nothing for my hair, I'll still be happy I bought it. The stress relief is great. It's almost done, and then I'm going to let my hair cool and my cuticles close before rinsing the stuff out.

But BM, you're my hero.
I couldn't stay under this thing for 2 hours straight...I have water pouring down my face after only 20 minutes. Maybe I should invest in some terry cloth bands to put on my forehead. Do any of you guys have this problem?

It will do something for your hair, even if you don't notice it straight away you will see a difference with consistent use. I had about five strands in the back of my hair in December 08, the steam has really helped the health of my hair.

Yeah that dripping hot water isn't funny. :ohwell: When I used to go to my stylist for a steam she would wrap my hairline in a strip of cotton wool, think of cotton wool that you can tear off from a roll. That would catch all the water drops; I need to buy some myself.

My scalp is all tingling so hard. I carry alot of tightness in my scalp, neck, and back and I can feel the muscles up there relaxing and releasing all the tension from the week..I have water pouring down my face after only 20 minutes. Maybe I should invest in some terry cloth bands to put on my forehead. Do any of you guys have this problem?

Yeah that dripping hot water isn't funny. :ohwell: When I used to go to my stylist for a steam she would wrap my hairline in a strip of cotton wool, think of cotton wool that you can tear off from a roll. That would catch all the water drops; I need to buy some myself.

I keep a Towel Draped Around My Shoulders:yep: (which I also use for my forehead/face.

You are right Chaos: It is extremely Therapeutic & Totally Relaxing:lick:

I used Phyto Kelate 2 weeks ago

This is what I did last wash: co-washed with Nexxus Humectress, DC with 11 n 1 conditioner mixed with olive oil and honey (overnight because I was too tired). Rinsed in the morning and did ACV rinse - no product. That night my scalp was itchy - I can't really take overnight DC. I washed with Redkin Allsoft shampoo, sprayed Lanzi Moisture Leave-in, alittle Rusk smoother, and Apricot oil on the ends. Rollerset. There was no shine on my hair.

It is the same at the hair dresser, but I thought with the cones from the shampoos and Lanzi, it would give alittle bump - nope.

Protein/Moisture - pulled strand just now - there's good give before it snaps, so I believe its good.

This sounded like a bit much? And then you re-poo'd the next day?

I can't (and as a rule 'won't' DC Overnight:nono:) It works great for some, not so much for me.:perplexed So, I try not to do it.

IA w/Che, it could be the products or a combination of the products.

Are you sure you had the right dilution of ACV & Water? Maybe that's where the 'itchy scalp' stemmed from?

Back