Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

I have taken most of my braids out but now I look like a dark skinned Corbin Bleu:lachen:. Why do I do this to myself? I need to come up with a girly style by tomorrow!

I might use up my Suave and some Giovanni tonight.

So I'm not Catholic but I have catholic friends and I'm doing lent with them. I'm giving hair products for 40 days. :rolleyes: Ya ok, let's see how that goes. Ash wednesday was only yesterday and I'm already hurting. :giggle:

So I'm not Catholic but I have catholic friends and I'm doing lent with them. I'm giving hair products for 40 days. :rolleyes: Ya ok, let's see how that goes. Ash wednesday was only yesterday and I'm already hurting. :giggle:

I couldn't do that without buyng at least one product. I don't have the willpower:nono: I can readily admit it. I tried fasting for Yom Kippur and I couldn't last even half the day. I suck at challenges

She might not get back to this for a little while :ohwell:

Anyways, I plan on getting some Boundless Tresses Balm!

Did you get the email about the discount?

Hi there!

Do you need to stock up on Boundless Tresses? Are you ready to try the Revitalizing Hair Balm, which by the way is growing in popularity by the day. Now's your chance to try it at a discount!

For the week of February 21- February 28 you will get 10% off your entire order! Just be sure to use the coupon code GS01 to apply your savings.

Don't forget to check out the 32oz quantity for even steeper savings!

Please visit www.growthspecifics.com to order today

Welp, I did my first wash and go of the year. It turned out nice, but I won't be doing that very often. Oh yea, While it was wet, I got to snipping off straight ends. I only ended up cutting between 1-1.5" so in some places I'm completely natural and still have a bit left in others. I'll post a half a$$ pic in a few once I get off my phone.

Wow Eisani, that is a long transition how much longer do you think you'll go?

please post e. i looooooove your hair! *embarrassed at sounding creepy*
:laugh: Thank you! I need to reopen my Fotki and update one of these days!
Wow Eisani, that is a long transition how much longer do you think you'll go?
I have no idea. I said I was cutting the rest off by April, come hell or high water, but there are other days I entertain texlaxing again :ohwell:. I'm fickle like that. Anyhoo, here's a quick shot of yesterday's hair. I liked the fact that my hair wasn't as big as usual once it was dry. I used my HE HH, which I don't really like to cowash, and GVP Biolage Smoothing Balm as a leave in.
IMG01026a.jpg

Did you get the email about the discount?

Hi there!

Do you need to stock up on Boundless Tresses? Are you ready to try the Revitalizing Hair Balm, which by the way is growing in popularity by the day. Now's your chance to try it at a discount!

For the week of February 21- February 28 you will get 10% off your entire order! Just be sure to use the coupon code GS01 to apply your savings.

Don't forget to check out the 32oz quantity for even steeper savings!

Please visit www.growthspecifics.com to order today

How da hell is shipping $7.75?

Che, Shay, ltown, if you were to buy some, I'd split the shipping costs with yah and paypal you for my product :sekret:

I have no idea. I said I was cutting the rest off by April, come hell or high water, but there are other days I entertain texlaxing again :ohwell:. I'm fickle like that. Anyhoo, here's a quick shot of yesterday's hair. I liked the fact that my hair wasn't as big as usual once it was dry. I used my HE HH, which I don't really like to cowash, and GVP Biolage Smoothing Balm as a leave in.
IMG01026a.jpg

Are you kidding me? Your hair looks gorgeous!!! After transitioning for so long you should at least give it a few more months of being natural before doing anything drastic. I know you like to change it up, so I hear ya. I think your hair looks so cute!

Eisani, I can't see the pic here at work but I love your hair too. I am sure its pretty, I am going to check it out when I get home.

Are you kidding me? Your hair looks gorgeous!!! After transitioning for so long you should at least give it a few more months of being natural before doing anything drastic. I know you like to change it up, so I hear ya. I think your hair looks so cute!
Thank you :kiss: I know I should give it some time. Shrinkage is such a beyotch and having 3 different textures is nothing nice.

IMG01026a.jpg

I didn't know you were transitioning, I thought you were completely natural! Gorgeous hair! :yep:

I might have to kick HV to the curb.

I'm doin what BM is doing and ordering Bulk Conditioner for detangling which is cheaper and has better ingredients then Moist 24/7.

Oyins's Burnt Sugar is better the HV Almond Glaze

KBB Moisturizing Shampoo is better the HV Amala Shampoo

Qhemet's Karkady Mist is better than HV Hydrasilica

IMG01026a.jpg

OMG!!! You hair is gorgeous!!!:spinning: Wow!!! How long did you transition?

WOW!:lachen:I want your hair!

^^ And why is it that curls clump so drastically different depending on what products are used???

omgoodness e, yes! We are riiiight >chea< sorry yall, but I'm reeaaal bitter about my almost 1 hr detangling session last night. :lachen: And, the thing is, I had my hair in a bun all two weeks (I was sick), moisturized and tried to remove sheds while in the bun. And, I STILL had a while to go. To boot, my 6-months post head is relaxed, 3c sides and nape, 4a front, and I think a coooarse 4a (or even 4b) in the middle. lawd! My hair is not clumping right either. I think I may have to go back to shampooing more frequently. oye. Yall, I'm itching to do a cut, but I feel like that's hustling backwards. :drunk:

*will be back to post jacked up pics of my bun*

ps t, can you tell me how the ceramides (sp) makes your hair feel? i used the creamish one by matrix and it had my hair feeling like :ohwell: @ first. we'll see.

I'm doin what BM is doing and ordering Bulk Conditioner for detangling which is cheaper and has better ingredients then Moist 24/7.

I feel you. I actually think I am going to attempt to start making a lot of stuff, a DC from a bulk base and a co/wash and leave in from a base. I think I am going to try to make a hair gel too.

Last edited:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have the ends in a net because they're still a bit damp. dont worry yall, I will be fixing the bun before I leave my house. lol

Last edited:
Day your new growth is beautiful!
Natura, Cream Tee, I've been transitioning for 27 months now :look: The BKT has worn off and reality has set back in :lachen: It's a jungle up in there. Day 2 of WnG is huge, I really think I have a 4b section in the lower right quarter of my head. Why just that section? How did I end up w/3 textures, possibly 4? The top/front of my hair is definitely 3c, but there's also this loosely wavy section that never actually curls, just becomes big loos waves. Then there's the left side which is 4a...ay Dios mio!

The BONY order I placed Wed came earlier today. Just sayin. I'm going to try the Sebastian cellophane tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! I may even attempt a ponytail rollerset. It's been a year since my last attempt @ rollersetting.

Day your new growth is beautiful!
Natura, Cream Tee, I've been transitioning for 27 months now :look: The BKT has worn off and reality has set back in :lachen: It's a jungle up in there. Day 2 of WnG is huge, I really think I have a 4b section in the lower right quarter of my head. Why just that section? How did I end up w/3 textures, possibly 4? The top/front of my hair is definitely 3c, but there's also this loosely wavy section that never actually curls, just becomes big loos waves. Then there's the left side which is 4a...ay Dios mio!
Before the boards, I never even realized that I had 2 distinctly different textures on each side of my head. Its interesting.
The BONY order I placed Wed came earlier today. Just sayin. I'm going to try the Sebastian cellophane tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! I may even attempt a ponytail rollerset. It's been a year since my last attempt @ rollersetting.
Damn, that was fast shipping. Good luck with the cellophane! I am interested in case I need to throw some over my hair if my attempts at henna turn my ish bright red.

^^ And why is it that curls clump so drastically different depending on what products are used???

Not only that, but sometimes I can put the exact gel+leave-in 3 days in a row and get three different results. Natural hair has a mind of its own. :grin:

My 4 gallons of conditioner should last me a while. Not bad for $20 bucks.

ps thank you Che, Robot, Vonnie, T, and everyone else who put me on to avocado butter. loooves it so far

Oh I love avocado butter! I recently bought a pound and I use it as grease. Its the bestest. Oh BTW your hair looks so pretty! Transitioning is not for the faint of heart, I hear ya girl.

Not only that, but sometimes I can put the exact gel+leave-in 3 days in a row and get three different results. Natural hair has a mind of its own. :grin:

My 4 gallons of conditioner should last me a while. Not bad for $20 bucks.
YES to the bold! You aren't even lying about 4 gallons for $20 being the ****. I think I'm in the wrong business :laugh:

omg yes E, Mkd, and BM! Sometimes I really do think that someone's playing a trick on me. The varying results from wash-to-wash kills me. Like Mkd *looks around and whispers*, I think the sides of my head may be different textures/type. Let's not talk that too loudly into existence. My left side is a bit shorter (always) and seems to be thinner. I've stopped wrapping since about June/July, so it looks better, retaining more length. But, I do think in the least it's a different texture from my right side. BM where do you get your avocado from and cost? It may become a bulk staple:look:

I couldn't do that without buyng at least one product. I don't have the willpower:nono: I can readily admit it. I tried fasting for Yom Kippur and I couldn't last even half the day. I suck at challenges

I'm allowing myself refills but that's it lol, I'm also pretty bad at controlling myself.

ita with all of the above. i dont know if i feel like burnt sugar is better than almond glaze as far as performance goes but the ingredients are far better than all the wax hairveda has. i havent tried kbb shampoo but yall know im a big fan so ill agree anyway :lachen: and yes karkady is ten times better than hydrasylica.

omg yes E, Mkd, and BM! Sometimes I really do think that someone's playing a trick on me. The varying results from wash-to-wash kills me. Like Mkd *looks around and whispers*, I think the sides of my head may be different textures/type. Let's not talk that too loudly into existence. My left side is a bit shorter (always) and seems to be thinner. I've stopped wrapping since about June/July, so it looks better, retaining more length. But, I do think in the least it's a different texture from my right side. BM where do you get your avocado from and cost? It may become a bulk staple:look:

I ordered from this vendor: http://www.camdengrey.com/
I accidentally ordered almond butter (which I hate) instead of the avocado. I called them up and they exchanged it with no problem.

Back