Pj Support Thread 2010 Pt.1

@ lamaravilla, just wanted to let you know that I spent 5 nail polishes and 2 base/top coat polishes and had to stop myself from getting more...thanks a lot. thats what i get for studying your haul. lol

I got my lazy butt up and went grocery shopping at TJ's (left with no hair products :grin:) and went to CVS and got my TW mist. It was a mess out there ya'll. I was ready to kill someone :wallbash:. Why was the cashier standing there staring at and reading the TW mist bottle instead of ringing me up :rolleyes:? She was hispanic.

Oh yeah thinking of Che I made an emergency hair kit: plastic caps, pretty wrap, jilbere shower comb, metal free ponytail holders, hair clips, hydrasilica (can use as a leave in, moisturizer, and detangler), nutrafix, and shea butter cream rinse. I will add some stretchy headbands and I am set. I will leave this in my car. I just used one of those scunci rectangular shaped makeup/overnight cases. I got it at CVS today.

:lachen:Shay so true I just came back home it was too crowded on the road too. They said yesterday that it took folks 3 hrs to get through regular 30 min traffic.

I got my lazy butt up and went grocery shopping at TJ's (left with no hair products :grin:) and went to CVS and got my TW mist. It was a mess out there ya'll. I was ready to kill someone :wallbash:. Why was the cashier standing there staring at and reading the TW mist bottle instead of ringing me up :rolleyes:? She was hispanic.

Oh yeah thinking of Che I made an emergency hair kit: plastic caps, pretty wrap, jilbere shower comb, metal free ponytail holders, hair clips, hydrasilica (can use as a leave in, moisturizer, and detangler), nutrafix, and shea butter cream rinse. I will add some stretchy headbands and I am set. I will leave this in my car. I just used one of those scunci rectangular shaped makeup/overnight cases. I got it at CVS today.

This is such a good idea, i used to have what some may call a ho bag:lachen:with a change of clothes, soap, lotion. Along with a small box of canned food, water, batteries, radio and blanket. With my next car i will add this in also.

thanx for reminding me shay. im going to make a kit tonight.

im still not finished my hair lol. i stopped to watch a movie.
so far i am LOVING the kbb hair butter. it does have a sort of hold which i like. i remember not liking it about a year ago but i think she removed the aloe butter from it so maybe thats what was causing it to make my hair crunchy.

i forgot who asked about a good moisturizer but i love qhemet heavy cream and unrefined shea butter. as a leave in i am in love with kbb hair milk.

This is such a good idea, i used to have what some may call a ho bag:lachen:with a change of clothes, soap, lotion. Along with a small box of canned food, water, batteries, radio and blanket. With my next car i will add this in also.

thanx for reminding me shay. im going to make a kit tonight.

I forgot I have a Hairveda shikakai poo bar in my bag too. I bought an emergency kit for my car a while back and I have a blanket in the trunk too. I need to add an emergency cell phone to my car. I used to have a "ho bag" too but my ex preferred staying at my place but in case of an emergency it would still be good to have one.

I plan to lose my mind at kimmaytube's website tomorrow. It goes live at 12 noon est. She will be selling accessories, hair products, and hair education (not sure if she means books or she will be uploading videos). The site is www.luvnaturals.com. I will only be looking at the accessories.

hey guys. im sick :(
but, in great news, bought target's last three he ltr leave-ins. I also ordered from quecraft. And, got some greeeeat nail polishes today :)

I want one, but can't drop that kinda money. Might have to hit up the SO for my birfday. :rofl:

What's those? :look: Lamara knows I'm all about the puddy health/skrenf.

They are on the same sight lamara posted, i was looking for something a bit cheaper and didn't look so mannish:lachen:.

Ain't nobody paying no Curlmart, when you can get that stuff at Vitaglo on the Cheap-Cheap.:look:
Every time I see the bolded, I think it says vitiligo :look:.
^ P***y? What the hell does this smell like?

Eisani, I was thinking of buying p***y as well. What's the scent like.
I've never purchased P***y before, I just read the scent description and went for it. I've read it's a sweet musk :look: We'll see. I may have to change the name if someone asks me what I'm wearing. *Grace Jones voice in Boomerang* Afterbirth!
dag girl! when you make purchases, you do it BIG!!
I had a pretty nice day of shopping, not as bad as some in my past. I was very mindful today and didn't over do it.
Thanks ltown and Rosa about the butters. will be checking the link when i get to the library. Charz, I will pm you my paypal email then as well (im on my bb). Eisani or any of you other ladies who don't mind using drug store makeup, are any of you a Caramel or Toast in Revlon Colorstay liquid? I tried each of them once, using a brush and pouring out the amount I need. I would love to get rid of them. Washnset I live in Queens but go to nyu in the village; and, live @ the 42nd street library. et tu?
Day this is actually my first drugstore foundation purchase. I bought the Neutral Cappuccino, but I'm scared it's too dark, but the color before was too light. I may end up having to mix. I'm so red/orange toned, it's not even funny.

Just bought some Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss. I've been hearing too much good things about this serum, ridiculously expensive though! :ohwell: Should work quite nicely in my rollersets and flexi rod sets.

OMG! Ahahahaaha
Does it really work? Can I attach it to my steamer? LMAO :lachen:

I got my box of stuff from Camden and yesterday I started to mix my deep conditioner together. Good news is that I made like freakin 60 ounces of it by mistake :grin: I guess that will last me a while. I'm trying to make a spritz but it came out too thick so I need to figure out how to fix it. I tried making a lotion but I didn't like the way it came out so I have to fix this batch. I need the lotion for tonight for St. Valentine's day :sekret:

After church I'm going to DC, go under the steamer and do rollers. I might do a video too.

I am so happy ya'll. I was assessing my stash and I am in a really good place. Here's where I am:

Oils
Only alternating between staples now.

Spray Moisturizers
Only alternating bw staples now

Leave Ins

Moisturizers

Condishes
Need to try Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner
Need to use up--Lustrasilk, Nature Fusion, AOHSR

Greases
Need to use up Afroveda's Twisted Ginger Butter

Cleansers
Need to use up--nunulove handmades poo
Need to try--various Chagrin Valley poo bars, rhassoul clay treatment,bentonite clay

Protein
Need to try--Millcreek Keratin

Gel

This is so doable this year :yep:! I used up a ton of products :grin:. I'm still in search of:
another protein dc
another moisture dc
curl definer for wash & gos
growth serum
frizz fighting products

I feel so good and no longer overwhelmed. I still have a ton of products :lachen: but they mostly consist of staples. Of course ya'll know I have a fear of running out so I will always have more than enough :look:.

I am so happy ya'll. I was assessing my stash and I am in a really good place. Here's where I am:

Oils
Only alternating between staples now.

Spray Moisturizers

Leave Ins

Moisturizers

Condishes
Need to try Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner
Need to use up--Lustrasilk, Nature Fusion, AOHSR

Greases
Need to use up Afroveda's Twisted Ginger Butter

Cleansers
Need to use up--nunulove handmades poo
Need to try--various Chagrin Valley poo bars, rhassoul clay treatment,bentonite clay

Protein
Need to try--Millcreek Keratin

Gel

This is so doable this year :yep:! I used up a ton of products :grin:. I'm still in search of:
another protein dc
another moisture dc
curl definer for wash & gos
growth serum
frizz fighting products

I feel so good and no longer overwhelmed. I still have a ton of products :lachen: but they mostly consist of staples. Of course ya'll know I have a fear of running out so I will always have more than enough :look:.

You're My Product SHE-RO!:notworthy

I cannot wait until I can report an amazing list like this.....:kiss:

I'm workin' on it!:yep:

IA: Big Ups to La Colocha:up::up::up:

She has 'Forever' Changed the Way I will not only look at Product Buying, but Successfully 'Managing' Product Junkie-itis.:lachen:

How could I forget:
Thank you, LC for starting the "Use One, Buy One Challenge" :yep:!

:clapping: :clap: :yay: :cup: :hug3:

Aww thank you ladies :grouphug: I had so much fun with you all, i found my staples and have been sticking with them for a while. It does feel good. Now if i can only battle my makeup addiction i will be reformed:lachen:. That thread would have been nothing without you guys, i really do miss it.

Day this is actually my first drugstore foundation purchase. I bought the Neutral Cappuccino, but I'm scared it's too dark, but the color before was too light. I may end up having to mix. I'm so red/orange toned, it's not even funny.

Me too E! and, i also think i prefer powder foundation. i actually think im going for just using bronzer from meow *remembers to order samples* but, i can send them to you if youd like to give them a try. they just have tooo much coverage for me (could also be that i needed to apply better, as i was just test running. but, i didnt like the application either so yeah...dont want them. lol)

Me too E! and, i also think i prefer powder foundation. i actually think im going for just using bronzer from meow *remembers to order samples* but, i can send them to you if youd like to give them a try. they just have tooo much coverage for me (could also be that i needed to apply better, as i was just test running. but, i didnt like the application either so yeah...dont want them. lol)
I tried the liquid this morning and I was right, it's too dark :ohwell:. I used my foundation brush to apply then I looked @ myself like :nono: I think I prefer the powders too. I'm a bronzer fiend and usually use it along w/my tinted mousturizer. What are you talking about sending :sekret:?

lol ^^^ the revlon caramel and toast so you can try them out. im def not going to use them but dont want to throw them out. but, im guessing they may be a no go for you too? lol

ps, how are you liking tinted moisturizer? i was gonna try jane tinted moisturizer as it's mostly natural. what kind do you use? i need spf to tho...*off to research*

eta jane does have spf!

lol ^^^ the revlon caramel and toast so you can try them out. im def not going to use them but dont want to throw them out. but, im guessing they may be a no go for you too? lol

ps, how are you liking tinted moisturizer? i was gonna try jane tinted moisturizer as it's mostly natural. what kind do you use? i need spf to tho...*off to research*

eta jane does have spf!
Lol thanks, but I don't think those are going to work either! I LOVE the Stila tinted moisturizer. I get it in Dark and can use it all year round. I used to use the one Mac had, but I think they discontinued it. I like Stila better because it's virtually weightless and it does contain SPF, but I can't remember how much. It's a little pricey for the amount you get, but I love it and it only takes a little.

Back