PIBBS 514 Deal 2008-09!!! who wants in?

Which Pibbs do you want?...posting this to get a count.

• Pibbs 514

Votes: 107 79.9%
  • Pibbs 512

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
i'm in... did we get a price?

PIBB-514 KWIK DRYER ---------------- $ 239.24
PIBB-512 EZ DRYER ----------------------$ 174.74

those prices are good but shipping is not included. this is really the cheapest offer, and today I have called and emailed every single dealer of the Pibbs 514, they also have the cheapest for the pibbs 512.

Fax this info for clarity:

Full Name
Address
Email
Phone #
Credit Card # with expiration date
Pibbs 514 or 512

any ??'s send longhairlover a pm. or post in the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------

www.flamingobeauty.com
Phone: 305- 591-8373
Fax: 305-591-1048

*If you prefer not to submit your credit card # by fax, then exclude it from the fax and call to submit it by phone.

To confirm it's best to call them to make sure they got your fax/order.

**Shipping is free to those that are in Miami. Shipping in NJ is $25.00.
**For all NYC Metro, NJ, LI etc shipping will be drop shipped and possibly cheaper.

They order from the manufacturer and they are in NYC.

Last edited:
great deal. thanks. next question. i'm looking at the 512 cause its cheaper, which one is the better buy? what is the deal?

It depends on what you prefer. There isn't much difference between the two, but I don't know the specifics of the 512. I purchased the 514 because it a step up from the 512 and it offers 1 or 2 additional features that the 512 doesn't.

PIBB-514 KWIK DRYER ---------------- $ 239.24
PIBB-512 EZ DRYER ----------------------$ 174.74

those prices are good but shipping is not included. this is really the cheapest offer, and today I have called and emailed every single dealer of the Pibbs 514, they also have the cheapest for the pibbs 512.

Last edited:
Can we get a deal like this for a hair table top steamer too? That's what I really need. If not, the 514 seems like the one I'd most be interested in for now.

You can pm longhairlover for more info pertaining to the steamer and she'll get back to you. I believe she may have mentioned this somewhere in this thread. Perhaps someone would be able to facilitate a deal for a table top back to steamer if enough ladies are interested in purchasing one.

There isn't much difference between the two, but I don't know the specifics of the 512. I purchased the 514 because it a step up from the 512 and it offers 1 or 2 additional features that the 512 doesn't.
What are those?

Thanks, January is near so you'll have it shortly!:grin: Flamingo also ships very fast. If you decide to utilize there services, you'll have it in no time. I placed my order on a Thursday afternoon. The order was processed and shipped on Friday morning and by Monday morning my dryer arrived.

Thanks for passing that information. I was contemplating on which company I was going to order from. I will use this vendor.

You can pm longhairlover for more info pertaining to the steamer and she'll get back to you. I believe she may have mentioned this somewhere in this thread. Perhaps someone would be able to facilitate a deal for a table top back to steamer if enough ladies are interested in purchasing one.

Thanks taj.

I can't wait to get mine. I called Flamingo on Friday, but I guess their distributor was closed. Therefore, I plan to call on Monday to get it going :yep:

What are those?

I'm not 100% sure, but I've searched some threads and this is what I gathered from the post. I can't comment on the 512 because I don't own one.

514 hood larger
512 hood smaller

514 temperature sets by degree 50, 60,70
512 temperature sets by high, low, medium

514 indicator
that tells you when the dryer reaches the desired temperature.
512 indicator does not have one

514 wattage is higher
wattage is lower

**One of the ladies who owns a 512 posted that she regrets purchasing it because she has to squeeze under the hood with her large sized rollers. She also mentioned that the 514 was worth the additional money because of this.

**Another lady posted that she did not want to pay the additional money for the 514 and that the 512 is worth it.

I think that it's based upon personal preference and what is affordable to you.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get mine. I called Flamingo on Friday, but I guess their distributor was closed. Therefore, I plan to call on Monday to get it going :yep:

Shipping is really fast. I placed my order for the 514 on a Thursday afternoon. The order was processed and shipped on Friday. Monday morning the dryer arrived. All components were shipped, the hood and the base.

there is wattage difference, the 514 is 1000 or 1100 watts and the 512 is 950 apprx watts.

i had spoke with someone in a bss in the bronx a couple of weeks ago and he said the 512 blows like it's 2000 watts shockingly said it gets hott.

as taj's research shows though the hood size may differ a bit.

great deal. thanks. next question. i'm looking at the 512 cause its cheaper, which one is the better buy? what is the deal?

Last edited:
ohhh thank you taj, so there is a difference besides wattage. at the bss i think i could fit my head under it, but i think i will stick with the 514 even though the 512's price is amazing.

I'm not 100% sure, but I've searched some threads and this is what I gathered from the post. I can't comment on the 512 because I don't own one.

514 hood larger
512 hood smaller

514 temperature sets by degree 50, 60,70
512 temperature sets by high, low, medium

514 indicator that tells you when the dryer reaches the desired temperature.
512 indicator does not have one

514 wattage is higher
512 wattage is lower

**One of the ladies who owns a 512 posted that she regrets purchasing it because she has to squeeze under the hood with her large sized rollers. She also mentioned that the 514 was worth the additional money because of this.

**Another lady posted that she did not want to pay the additional money for the 514 and that the 512 is worth it.

I think that it's based upon personal preference and what is affordable to you.

with the Flamingo deal she said no time frame, in Jan though i will touch base with her again just to make sure no deadline is still in effect.

***also let me know if I should start a thread on the pibbs steamer.
here are links to 2 pibbs hair steamers that Flamingo Beauty has, the prices of them are startling....severe sticker shock:

http://ecomercio.pymenta.com/englis...product=134&category=pibbsheatadprocessinglam

http://ecomercio.pymenta.com/englis...ew.asp?product=132&category=pibbsProHairdryer

looks like these come with the caster bases. if you know the serial number of the table top one let me know.

ohhh thank you taj, so there is a difference besides wattage. at the bss i think i could fit my head under it, but i think i will stick with the 514 even though the 512's price is amazing.

You're welcome! Thanks for posting about the wattage because I knew it was a difference, but I didn't have the actual figures. I think that this makes somewhat of a difference.

Longhairlover I may be interested in the Pibbs tabletop steamer. Are you going to purchase one too? I might as well just turn one of the rooms in my house into a salon with all of this equipment. This is crazy!:lachen:

Back