Petty Chronicles: Jealous Of The Dead Wife

The first noteworthy item I saw was the child being referred to as his daughter and not my,ours, or mine.
Her jealousy was strong against the daughter. Picture momentos give loved ones comfort. It's why i cling
To pictures rather than valuables. Marrying someone with an offspring turns you into a parenting individual. Parents do whats best for the offsprong.
The pictures were not a threat to her. The lady is dead.
If she felt like she was treated poorly because "Alice was so terrific and couldn't be beat. How old was this lady? My son's family pictures are in his room in albums and frames. His family received school and family pictures of him. Me and the ex dh divorced 25 years ago. I left him his mementos and let him know when they have functions even though he does not care to attend. Professional counseling for wife and mate. Add daughter at a later date.

Last edited:
This ***** is evil. She literally wrote the entire post FOR HERSELF. She doesn't feel bad for them. She feels bad FOR HERSELF. This ***** probably thought being pregnant would keep her husband from being mad at her, so she figured she could tell him, get the weight off her chest, and him to forgive her. I think anyone that would do something like this and then admit to it and then expect to be forgiven has an inflated sense of self and needs not be in any type of committed relationship--romantic, friendly, or otherwise.

EVIL. *****.

What she did is horrible but I think the mistake she made was choosing to be with a man who hadn't completed grieving.
I can understand the anger and disappointment that the daughter has lost valuable memories and keepsakes of her mother. But from my understanding, her husband and in-laws are still too attached to old wife.

If I'm going to be with a man, he better be ready for me and only me physically mentally and emotionally. Whether his ex is dead or alive.
My thoughts exactly. From what she wrote, it sounds like she pushed herself on him before he was ready. I fault him too for giving in to the pressure from her crazy ass. Bad situation all around. I don't think their marriage will make it.

I disagree with the assessment that they were too focused on the dead wife. And her telling of events is of course painted to make his family look like they are “too into her” whatever that is.

My grandma has lost 4 children. Multiple pictures of them are up at her house and all of her children’s houses. It’s a part of their life and yes they talk about them fondly and some of the spouses have moved on but they are still family and they come around and keep in touch. You don’t erase that history at death. The other thing is grief is different for every person. And in the op the husband had a daughter that probably looked a lot like his wife so I wouldn’t be surprised if him and his family had to heal in a way that allowed for the everyday walking reminder of now deceased loved one.

It is such an blessing on everyone, usually, when a loved one dies at an older age. After they’ve lived a full long life. Those left behind can focus on that rather than all the things the deceased had left to accomplish.

Back