Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Hi can i join in ive just started using kinky curly custard last night and i like the result but am not sure if its good or not ive made a thread about it when i could'nt find this thread:(
i used to use Aubry gel but it leaves my hair sort of stiff so i use it only when am bored maybe once every now and then

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I'm still on the juice :yep:

So basically you are saying that your ends feel dry by the end of the day? Well they are the oldest part of your hair and maybe there is a porosity issue, have you tried the kimmaytube leave-in? That might help you out, as well as maybe add something a bit thicker to your ends for extra moisturizing, such as elasta QP mango butter, etc. :grin:

^^I know I went and dug up an old post of yours @Chelz but this is so true. I talked about my porosity issues here before. As of late it's been my ends only(I been steaming:lick:) that have slightly had this issue. Anyhow I was going to lurk and leave but once again lhcf has given me reason to testify. Since adding wheat germ oil/steaming if I stay on top of my ends there is almost No problem with porosity. Well I have also revisited The Juice (i didn't like it before it just sat there:perplexed) I did a twist out with carefree gold and nothing else
Moni at Home 009.jpg

So thank you ladies for the inspiration. My hair is not oily, weighed down or overly anything!I'm going to work on getting a less/dull outcome but.. I am now sure I will be a juicer for life.

Last edited:

Hi can i join in ive just started using kinky curly custard last night and i like the result but am not sure if its good or not ive made a thread about it when i could'nt find this thread:(
i used to use Aubry gel but it leaves my hair sort of stiff so i use it only when am bored maybe once every now and then

Sure you can!! :grin::grin::grin:

:welcome2:

^^I know I went and dug up an old post of yours @Chelz but this is so true. I talked about my porosity issues here before. As of late it's been my ends only(I been steaming:lick:) that have slightly had this issue. Anyhow I was going to lurk and leave but once again lhcf has given me reason to testify. Since adding wheat germ oil/steaming if I stay on top of my ends there is almost No problem with porosity. Well I have also revisited The Juice (i didn't like it before it just sat there:perplexed) I did a twist out with carefree gold and nothing else
View attachment 100814

So thank you ladies for the inspiration. My hair is not oily, weighed or overly anything!I'm going to work on getting a less/dull outcome but.. I am now sure I will be a juicer for life.

Lol no more lurking!! Badddd Bad BlaqBella :spank:

And thats awesomeee that u figured out how to keep your ends in good shape. :up: :thumbsup: :up:

I'm diggin that twist out:eyebrows2 , just wish I could expand the pic:yep: If you want extra shine just smooth on a bit of your fav. oil/serum after you juice or while you are taking your twists down.

Thanks for checking in!! :pulpdance:

Last edited:

I'm juicing but its on and off. I just used ohhb &brbc and the hair feels fine.

Im back on the juice wagon..I found my juice or moreso gel..The Long Aid curl activator for dry hair is the bees knees..oh my hair is moist..

Ladies, I really need your input --- I live in Florida. I don't live in the super duper hot part of Florida. I live in Northwest Florida were temperatures are much cooler than Central (Orland)/South Florida (Miami). In my area, temps are in the 60s and humidity is around 70%. I find that juicing is drying my hair out now that the temp has cooled off. I know the humidity is still fairly high in percentage but for some reason unknown to me, my hair is not responding the same as it was when it was summer. What are you ladies (that live in cold climates and have low humidity) doing to combat the potentially drying effects of using glycerin based products in the winter. My staple is S-curl. I need to figure this out as I feel that the drying effects has lead to some breakage. All responses appreciated and welcomed. Sorry if this was asked before.

Ladies, I really need your input --- I live in Florida. I don't live in the super duper hot part of Florida. I live in Northwest Florida were temperatures are much cooler than Central (Orland)/South Florida (Miami). In my area, temps are in the 60s and humidity is around 70%. I find that juicing is drying my hair out now that the temp has cooled off. I know the humidity is still fairly high in percentage but for some reason unknown to me, my hair is not responding the same as it was when it was summer. What are you ladies (that live in cold climates and have low humidity) doing to combat the potentially drying effects of using glycerin based products in the winter. My staple is S-curl. I need to figure this out as I feel that the drying effects has lead to some breakage. All responses appreciated and welcomed. Sorry if this was asked before.

Idk you might have to lay off the glycerin for awhile if your hair keeps feeling dry or try another product with glycerin further down on the list? Maybe a creamier thicker product than S-curl :yep:

juicin with kinky kurly mixed with water
have any one of you guys noticed any shedding when using Burdook rootbutter cream??

How is everyone doing with the juice, I am still doing it,
I have been using a rosewater and glycerin mix and usually I sealed with castor oil which makes my hair really sticky and oily, but I tried sealing with shea butter this past week and it is working wonderfully! My hair feels moisturized and not as oily. I am loving this challenge!!!

still juicing ... added rosewater to the scur/cfcg mix and it sprays better and feels great on scalp :lick:

Still juicing. Picked up some Carefree Curl when I ran out of S-Curl. Not sure if I like it as much as the S-Curl.

Gotta remember, if it ain't broke... :)

still loving the cfcg/scurl mixed with rosewater

Hey Ladies, I disappeared for a while ... I'm not juicing with the cfcg anymore (not really fond of it) I may switch to scurl but for now I'm using a homemade spritz.

Still using my S-curl.

still juicing.... dont know how many of the orig juicers are still here but glad to see the juice is still alive lol

Hey Ladies.... I'm still juicing!

I really need to update pics.

A combo of juice in rosewater sealed with oil works better in cold, windy conditions.

I am still juicing and so is baby afrikurl. I actually just juiced us both up and am wearing a JJC(Jheri curl juice cap) as I type. I stopped for a few weeks trying out the kimmaytube leave in. My hair was soft but it wasn't as good as the juice. At times I added glycerin to the concoction. That was much better. I just bought another jar of Long Aid on Black Friday. I think I've been thru 4 2lb jars since the original challenge started in march.

I"m still using Bee Mine Juicy. No adverse effects despite the cold weather. I moisturize at night with Juicy and seal with WGO.

:thud: Is that youuuu MondoDismo??? :curtain: :lachen:

LOL even I forgot my old s/n. But yes, it is I. I missed y'all.

I actually didn't realize that I had signed up for the second part of the challenge. I had to read the first post. #62, if I am not mistaken:grin:.

I have been juicing, and I finally got my scalp issues under control. I use the Organics Texture My Way Lotion as my main moisturizer, and throughout the week I just spray my hair with something that has glycerin. That "something" happens to be Oyin Handmade Juices and Berries.

I have been noticing that I am actually retaining length. I can actually pull my hair into a ponytail. And it's not even struggling to breathe!!!

I asked my sister to pull my hair down in teh back to see where it was. You know what she said to me? "I have never seen you with this much hair on your head".

...Guess I'll take that as a compliment.:rolleyes:

still juicing with kinky curly custard love n it

I still juice. Its my primary moisturizer. Cheap and keeps hair soft and not oily. Love it.

Back