Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

I'm in. I'm still juicin' with wave nouveau finishing mist & lotion, stay soft fro, and qhemet ohhb (wash days only)

Re: Part 2 of The Jheri Juice Challengeee!!!! Want retention?? Well Come on in!!!! ;-

Count me in also, I'm still juicin' and so is dd and dh!! We've upgraded to mega-size S-curl since its become a family affair. LOL

Im in!!
Using S-Curl for the moment :look:
Waiting for my Oyin Greg Juice (veg glycerin in ingredients) to arrive so I can use that instead :drunk::lick:

Im in ... I was "juicin on the sly" after reading the first thread

I make my own mixture of just glycerine or honeyquat and water. But I think I'll be adding some aloe vera juice in the next batch

and I loves it

Im shooting for 5 inches retention by the end of the year ... yep Im claiming it ... 5 more inches !!!!

Count me in, I think? I've been juicing for months but I still haven't gotten that soft feeling everyone else has. I have dense 4a/b strands so it should like the juice...I'll give it a try! I'm using scurl right now.

Oh oh oh!!!!! I am so in on this one!

Im in ... I was "juicin on the sly" after reading the first thread

I make my own mixture of just glycerine or honeyquat and water. But I think I'll be adding some aloe vera juice in the next batch

and I loves it

Im shooting for 5 inches retention by the end of the year ... yep Im claiming it ... 5 more inches !!!!

Lol that smiley is so cuteeee:blush3:

I want in, I was to late for the first one, but it still inspired me to start juicin. I use CFC and my hair loves it!

Count me in plz & thnx! I didnt 'officially' join the last one , BUT Ive been juicing anyways :D

I use distilled H2O,Veg Glycerin, aloe vera gel & a few drops of Rosemary oil

May I join? I've been 'unofficially' juicing since April of '10.

Adora, Adora, you are my inspiration, and so are Boston Maria and Ms.Cocoface and so many others:)

May I join? I've been 'unofficially' juicing since April of '10.

Adora, Adora, you are my inspiration, and so are Boston Maria and Ms.Cocoface and so many others:)

Yes you may join,:yep:

added liquid MSM, honeyquat, sea kelp bioferment and silk aminos to my spritz

Last edited:

gurl you HAVE to put me in this challenge.....
for you ladies who are new to this challenge and wonder how to juice on relaxed hair....check this video out. I've posted it in the other challenge so it's probably post number 3,956,675 :lachen:out of 9,456,785,678 posts.

BTW i used this method daily and it does not weigh your hair down. My hair feels so soft after :drunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEzBTPCGKQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=vDX5NtWIYUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEzBTPCGKQ

try either link...when i post the link last time a lot of people had problems with them. If both links don't work then go to youtube and type "How I Moisturize and Seal my Hair" by fgrogan

I'm in this one! PM'd you. Using Sta-Sof-Fro!

:creatures <---- the juicy dance :) Count me in for the sequel :yep:

For all of those making their own JUICE .. would you mind listing not only the ingredients but the proportions/amounts of each ingredient as well?

The Mixtress in me is always curious .... Appreciate it!

Oh yeah and count me in LOL :yep:

So far I'm using S-Curl since I ran out of vegetable glycerin for my homemade JUICE, but the scent of
S-Curl drives me crazy...I think it gives me a slight headache too!!

I can't wait to make another homemade JUICE... it can be fragrance-free or I can add any scent I wish!

I'm in! I'll still be using my SCurl and HS 14n1

Just be extra extra careful with your hair when you are combing and stuff. Sometimes the comb can get stuck at the demarcation line. I also find that the natural hair can take plenty of oil or conditioner and the relaxed hair just gets weighed down...:nono: PS'ing is a GREAT idea! :yep:

My NG is doing pretty well. I'll be going to a BSS in a bit to pick up my juice to get started down my HHJ back to my natural hair.

let the transitioning begin!!!:grin:

gurl you HAVE to put me in this challenge.....
for you ladies who are new to this challenge and wonder how to juice on relaxed hair....check this video out. I've posted it in the other challenge so it's probably post number 3,956,675 :lachen:out of 9,456,785,678 posts.

BTW i used this method daily and it does not weigh your hair down. My hair feels so soft after :drunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEzBTPCGKQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=vDX5NtWIYUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYEzBTPCGKQ

try either link...when i post the link last time a lot of people had problems with them. If both links don't work then go to youtube and type "How I Moisturize and Seal my Hair" by fgrogan

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

I'm clearly using too much... lol.

added liquid MSM, honeyquat, sea kelp bioferment and silk aminos to my spritz

Dang Hijabi you are goin hard with that juice mix:yep: Did you get that sea kelp stuff from the health food store?:eyebrows2

Homemade Juice Ingredients(To Make Your Own Juice)

-Rosewater/Distilled water
-Glycerin
-Aloe Vera Juice
-Optional: A little bit of leave-in condish

Sorry for the silly question but when making your own "juice" do you add the water AND the aloe vera juice? And how much of each?

I would like to join part 2 of this jheri juice challenge!

Here are my starting pictures...

June 13, 2010 - length check on frizzy straightened hair:
8wwr52.jpg

June 6, 2010 - juiced up low bun:
2ihq911.jpg

June 20, 2010 - juiced up high bun:
2i7mo9g.jpg

I just finished using up my bottle of S-Curl No Drip Formula. I'm going to try Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 to kick off this challenge.

Homemade Juice Ingredients(To Make Your Own Juice)

-Rosewater/Distilled water
-Glycerin
-Aloe Vera Juice
-Optional: A little bit of leave-in condish

Sorry for the silly question but when making your own "juice" do you add the water AND the aloe vera juice? And how much of each?

Yes and I'm thinking something like 45% water, 30% aloe vera, 25% glycerin. You can tweak the mixture to what you like:yep:,

Yes and I'm thinking something like 45% water, 30% aloe vera, 25% glycerin. You can tweak the mixture to what you like:yep:,

THANKS!!!!! I am gonna try my hand at making my own. I will be posting my starting pics this weekend. I am excited!!!!:grin:

Add me pls!!!!

I hvnt juiced since my momma used stay so fro in my hair when i was 4!!! ha-ha-ha! I'd like to try it. Im excited!

Last edited:

I would like to join part 2 of this jheri juice challenge!

Here are my starting pictures...

June 13, 2010 - length check on frizzy straightened hair:
8wwr52.jpg

June 6, 2010 - juiced up low bun:
2ihq911.jpg

June 20, 2010 - juiced up high bun:
2i7mo9g.jpg

I just finished using up my bottle of S-Curl No Drip Formula. I'm going to try Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 to kick off this challenge.

I'm diggin those juiced up buns, girl you betta work!!:grin: Just look at those waves! :rocker:

I didn't know Hawaiian Silky was at Sally's. I thought the only place that carried this product were Asian beauty supply stores. Sally's is more convenient for me than the asian bs stores...

Gotta check out Sally's after work... :driver:

Yeah girl, Sally's got the hook up! :giggle:

Back