Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Hi, this is my very first post to LHCF but I have been reading like mad since I found the site in April. Ok, just a little bit of history: I am a 4a (I think), TWA. I wore a short curl wave nouveau for about 2 years and prior to that I was always in sew in weaves, sew on wigs, or braids. After a major medical crisis my hair changed dramatically & I cannot do braids, weaves, wigs, or chemicakls right now. So i decided to transition & slowly cut off the straight ends over the last few weeks. I have balding & thinning in my temple & front edges. I have unofficially joined several challenges, but since they require pictures, I will NOT officially join any challenge. My hair is too horrible even for me to look at. SamanthaJ suggested I take pics, which I did & I cried all night long (that was about a month ago). I know I am not suppose to be my hair - but dog gone it - I AM!

So I have been doing the MN challenge, deep conditioner challenge & steam challenge, just to name a few. [Side note: I have become an out of control PJ. SO I have powders, herbs, oils, conditioners, whisks, bowls, EO's, a steamer, table top hood dryer, etc. I have a hair binder with recipes plus there is a folder on "my Documents" just for hair that is full of info & recipes that I've learned here].

Now, the reason for my post. My hair is nearly bald in the front & sides, I started MN in May, then switched (actually combined) to MT a few days ago. I know you guys are going to think I am crazy but... There is a spot at my widows peak (which btw has been missing for a few months, that looks like I am losing hair. I thought - OMG - I am suppose to be growing hair. Then I realized that on one side the hair is growing in, then the bald spot with very short hairs, then right next to it is more hair that has grown in. So it is not that I am losing hair, but hair is growing in. It is just growing in much, much faster in some spots than in others. Is anyone else experiencing this kind of uneven growth?

I remember reading somewhere in thousands of posts where someone said their hair was starting to look like a chia pet. I swear that is what my sides & front are starting to look like.

I never cared about length - I think because I thought my hair would only grow so long. I usually just cut my hair to fit a certain style. Now Iactually think I can get some length.

OK, enough. I have blabbed on too much. I just got so excited this morning when I was washing my hair & I realized I had these funny spots.

I have been using Lady Aggie's recipe mixed with JustKiya's. I apply every morning to entire scalp & at night to my balding areas. I swear I can see the growth already.

I will continue to take pic & when i get over the horror, I may post them. I think it is like when I was close to 400 lbs, I would never take or show any pics. Now I proudly show my before pics since I am at an great weight.

OK, sorry to go on so long - I just go so excited, but I talk a whole hell of a lot.

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so glad that you took starting pics- you won't regret it at all!!! My friend had a similar situation and her hair is doing so well with cowashes, protective styles, and growth aids like MN and now MT!!!!

Welcome and I can't wait to see your comparison pics soon!!

Hey Ladies,

It's been 1 week since I started OCT, and I love it, I just love the smell and the fact that it's not greasy. I think I fell NG, I'm not sure but my edges are filling up.
I use it daily: shampoo with ovation shampoo, apply oct 5 mins, creme rinse. I use queen helen garlic shampoo 2x a wk and I also DC 1x a wk.
I hope I will see more significant growth.

BTW what's that WEN u guys r talking about?

Okay, I think I made my mind up. Im gonna order the OCT only. I will only use it twice a week on my wash days. For my mid week wash I will leave it in for 5-30 minutes (the length of time will depend on if I want to get in and out of the shower or not). on my weekend wash I will leave it in overnight. After each application I will DC.

Does anyone else rinse it out, or is everyone leaving it in?

ok, so here is my dilemma.

i really want to order MT...as in i cant believe i haven't done it yet. HOWEVER...before i do i am considering getting my mom in on this. she knows i frequent LHCF and i use the tips on both of us (and my sister) but i have been more diligent so my hair is in better shape. i think if i tell her megatek is for horses she will freak out, on top of the fact that we bought this growth aid (something italian maybe?) from the dominican salon and its not all gone. she spent $35 on it and although we are both PJs we like to use all of something before buying another brand or w/e (ex using all the CON before trying kenra shampoos). should i spring for it on my own and just use it on me, put it on my plastic and use it on all 3 of us (although there is the inevitable wth is in that applicator bottle), or just talk to her about it and await the "oh now you are doing too much!!!"

???

someone please help...i'm torn as hell but i gotta make a decision soon. i have probably lost out on an extra 1/16" i could have while i'm sitting here thinking.....:lachen:

TIA

I think that OCT leaves your hair feeling better, in general. It's got the extra ingredients in it to do just that. :yep:

thx JK, maybe after having baby when my scent sensitivities roll out i'll try the oct.
dang ya'll don't play on oct/mt...goodness, i was going to go and read thru this thread but hecka no, not with well over 700 posts. ya'll mean business up in hurrr boy!

ETA: do u think i should go ahead and use my mt? i'm thinking i should start back using it when i relax...i know my hair may need it then.

Last edited:
Welcome back tt8! I was wondering what happened to you.
:wave::wave:I missed you guys!!!! :grin:I go on vacation for a few days and you heffas are up to 600-somethin pages!!!:lachen:Why am I not surprised. Dang, I have to read the whole thread? Who's got the cliff notes? Last I hear LondonDiva is a missing, did JK or Aggie get any recipes?, what else I miss??????:sekret:

Okay, I think I made my mind up. Im gonna order the OCT only. I will only use it twice a week on my wash days. For my mid week wash I will leave it in for 5-30 minutes (the length of time will depend on if I want to get in and out of the shower or not). on my weekend wash I will leave it in overnight. After each application I will DC.

Hey Charmtreese! :grin: JOIN US!

This is a good plan ('cause it's like mine :wink:) Your hair will become stronger & thicker & you will have less breakage which extends the growth cycle of your hair. That's how the product works.

Yes, I wash mine out. Most of the ladies that are using Mega-Tek apply it to their scalps everyday or as often as possible like a hair grease, then wash out on their wash day.

Hey Charm,

What I do is cowash every other day, after I get out of the shower, I grease my scalp, and then apply leavins and style as usual. So essentially I leave it in until the next co wash. I am using the OCT every other night. I have not been following Ovation's instruction at all.....I basically made the OCT fit into my regimen and not the other way around.

Some are following Ovation's instructions. I think ladies on LHCF in general love to mix, concoct etc.....People are using it 50-11 ways, but most it seems are getting results:yep:.

I have not used the OCT on the lengths of my hair ever. I just wanted to progress slowly and see how my scalp took to OCT before using it on my scalp. Partially was cause I was being cheap and had only ordered the 6oz size and did not want to "waste" it on the lengths of my hair.

I am now ready to repurchase a full size bottle of OCT, and will incorporate using it onto my hair.

Relaxed Ladies using MT or OCT have you noticed that your touched up NG feels different than the rest of your hair?

I did a touch up this weekend and noticed that my NG is much silkier than the other lengths of my hair......

I haven't had a retouch yet, only been using it for 2 days. I'm 7 wks post touch up so I already had 1/2 inch of newgrowths and those newgrowths feel different from before. They don't feel as kinky, if you will. They 're not necessarily soft, not sure how to explain it.

I applied the rebuilder to the lengths of my hair last night, I used the rehydrant spray first to moisturize, then the rebuilder. My strands are so much thicker and my hair feels and looks full. No dryness either. I'm excited because my hair was thinning and breaking from a bad relaxer job. It was at the point where I could practically see through my strands, but not anymore.

I'm only 2 inches from shoulder length. It would be nice if I get an inch a month like some of you ladies. I could be shoulder length again by the end of september. I've been striving for that for 5yrs now.

I plan on getting the creme rinse also. I'll use for regular washes and deep condition with the rebuilder once every two weeks. I'll use the rebuilder on my scalp every night and on my lengths as I see fit.

Thanks January and selfstyled! I'm so excited. I just got to work a few minutes ago, so after I read a few emails I'm going to go order. How long does it take to receive the OCT?

Thanks January and selfstyled! I'm so excited. I just got to work a few minutes ago, so after I read a few emails I'm going to go order. How long does it take to receive the OCT?

few days and it is shipped via FedEx. I love this stuff, i'm using the MT on my daughter's 4z hair. I just can't believe how my hair has thickened up, I love it now.

thx JK, maybe after having baby when my scent sensitivities roll out i'll try the oct.
dang ya'll don't play on oct/mt...goodness, i was going to go and read thru this thread but hecka no, not with well over 700 posts. ya'll mean business up in hurrr boy!

ETA: do u think i should go ahead and use my mt? i'm thinking i should start back using it when i relax...i know my hair may need it then.

Hey Boo...
I just checked out your siggy....baabeeeee yeaahhh!
Congrats!:grin:

Relaxed Ladies using MT or OCT have you noticed that your touched up NG feels different than the rest of your hair?

I did a touch up this weekend and noticed that my NG is much silkier than the other lengths of my hair......

I know what you mean. I dont know if mine is different but my TWA up here has got to go. I was already 7 weeks when I started and have been using for 3 weeks. I distinctively remember how much ng was there when I started so between the growth that was up their which was a little over 1/2, I measured a full inch from the center and some parts just past an inch in the back a couple of days ago. I usually get about 3/4 inch - 1" total by my next retouch at 12 wks. I am looking forward to getting a retouch, but I think the MT thickened up the ng that I had. Maybe next time it will have time to thicken the hair as it comes in and maybe I can get more than an inch. I keep thinking air is going to break at the demarcation line, but it doesnt becase it is so soft and doesnt feel like it is "stressing" at the demarcation line.

hello ladies,

I figured out how to load the pics. so, here are my starting pics

Attachments

• 102_1260.JPG
    102_1260.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 38
Reporting in: I started the whole Ovaction line on June 1st. As of July 1st (one month), my hair felt different (softer), but I don't see a growth spurt yet. Hopefully there will be more growth once I reach 3 months of usage.

I wash with the shampoon once a week, add the OCT, then the cream rinse.

Throughtout the rest of the week (3x's), I wet my hair, add OCT to my scalp and the cream rinse to my hair and leave in on for a while and then rinse. For styles, I was wearing a wig for June. I just got cornrows and will be switching to plaits at the end of the month.

Okay ladies it's official, I ordered my first bottle of OCT!!!!:yay::yay:

...and that's it, NO MORE NEW PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January, you know this is your fault right?!?!?! I spent my pedicure money, now I have to get the scissors and a pant brush and do my toes myself!:wallbash:

PEACHEY!!! WOW, WOW, WOW....your hair is beautiful!

You are off to a great start.....:yep:

thank you dear. It was rough getting to this point, but once i made up my mind that my hair deserved better then it was on from there.

for so long i settled for not thinking my hair could grow longer than shoulder length due to people convincing me that my hair was not meant to be longer than that and that was why it would not grow any longer (hope that made sense :ohwell:). when I joined I realized that my hair grows well, however, my hair was so unhealthy that it was breaking off as it was growing in. especially due to the lack of protein and moisture balance. it could not grow past my shoulders due to it breaking off at that point because i was not protecting it and taking care of it like I should have.

But I am doing soooo much better due to all the knowledge we are sharing on the board. I wonder sometimes where my growth would be if I was following these practices a long time ago :gorgeous:.

Last edited:
Hey ladies, I have been lurking around this thread for a couple of weeks now and went ahead and ordered MT and got it yesterday. I applied it straight from the bottle for the first time last night and look forward to getting all this amazing growth you all are receiving. I am 8 wks post and had a little over 1" of new growth, I'm not sure exactly when I will relax again (I'm a stretcher) but when i do decided to actually do my hair :grin: I will take a length shot to compare to the one I took in May when I relaxed. I have been wearing a half wig or phoney poney for the last month. My hair doesnt do well in the heat but it grows a lot in the summer months. So hopefully I can get to BSL and beyond pretty soon :yep:

ok, so here is my dilemma.

i really want to order MT...as in i cant believe i haven't done it yet. HOWEVER...before i do i am considering getting my mom in on this. she knows i frequent LHCF and i use the tips on both of us (and my sister) but i have been more diligent so my hair is in better shape. i think if i tell her megatek is for horses she will freak out, on top of the fact that we bought this growth aid (something italian maybe?) from the dominican salon and its not all gone. she spent $35 on it and although we are both PJs we like to use all of something before buying another brand or w/e (ex using all the CON before trying kenra shampoos). should i spring for it on my own and just use it on me, put it on my plastic and use it on all 3 of us (although there is the inevitable wth is in that applicator bottle), or just talk to her about it and await the "oh now you are doing too much!!!"

???

someone please help...i'm torn as hell but i gotta make a decision soon. i have probably lost out on an extra 1/16" i could have while i'm sitting here thinking.....:lachen:

TIA
anyone?? :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back