Ovation Cell Therapy/Mega Tek Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
does any one know if Porosity Control extreme pak moisturizing treatment has any protein in it? i don't know how to tell if an ingredient is protein unless it says 'hey dummy i'm protein.' somebody please help me out

I'm sorry, this doesn't answer the question but PC has an extreme moisturizing treatment? :eek: My hair loves this stuff. I didn't know this product existed.

I don't know - maybe a teaspoon? I use a tiny dab - doesn't even cover my whole fingertip, for a part. I make about 40 parts, over my whole head, and massage into each part, then massage into my head.
That's the other reason I put it into a tub - it's easier to control how much I use. :yep:

How often do you apply?

I just started MT last tuesday, Im currently in cornrows and due to all this co washing dcing and MT'ing they look a hot mess!

I feel you!!
My braids are jacked:ohwell:
I stay in a scarf even more than i did before.
And to think,before lhcf,i used to get braids so i would leave my hair alone:drunk:

You left it in on your HAIR??? No, no, hun, only on your scalp! If you are going to use it on your hair, PLEASE follow the directions on the bottle - this is a powerful protein, and it will mess you up!
I'd do a GOOD moisturizing DC tonight, and follow that up with massaging some OCT into your hair.

Ladies using OCT - do ya'll usually leave it in your hair???

Scalp only! I massage every nite into the scalp. I alternate between OCT and Bee Mine. Never on the hairs.:yep:

My hair is so tripping or either I am. The second time I used MT I had more shedding than usual. It didn't concern me. Last night when I redid my braid I only had like 10 shed hairs. So I recombed it thinking I'd missed something and no extra hairs. I'm not saying it's the MT cause I've only used it twice, but my hair was hella hard to get into my usual ponytail. I had to wet it up and put my IC gel on it to hold it down. I will post pics cause my braid it looking super thick. I was having some issues with my ends breaking so I put a little MT on them. Then they were crunchy, so I got my Elasta QP DPR 11 and put it on the ends as a leave in. I'm still trying to think what to use as a dc. I love my DPR 11/cholestrol mix, but I don't know if it will be moisturizing enough. What are you ladies using?

My MT Coat Rebuilder just arrived downstairs in the mail room. *clappin like da Clumps ./'./'./' Hercules Hercules Hercules* ... I know the guys in the mailroom are like...WTH....what did she order from the pet supply place. :lachen:

Anyway, I also ordered the Avocado Detangling Conditioner, the Intensifying Shampoo and the Cell Rebuilder. I think the Coat Rebuilder and the Cell Rebuilder are two different things, which is why I ordered it. Does anyone who uses MT care to elaborate on the difference between the two?

How often do you apply?

*thinks* for about 8/9 weeks, daily, then I started slacking and only did it twice a week for about another 3, and last week I started back on the daily routine.
And I think I've still got more than half a bottle left. *thinks*

Has anyone sufferred breakage from ovation or Mt while in barids? For example the product getting on the hair, causing to dry or tangle and break?

Please let me know what your sistuation is with braids and
MT /Ovation?

:grin:

I'm gonna have to back up off of the MT or change my regimen. :perplexed

OK, so I have been applying MT every night (scalp only) and continuing with my daily cowash routine in the mornings. I think this is too much for my hair. :nono:

I cowashed this morning with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair feels extra protein-y again. I have a theory that the runoff from the daily MT application has been giving my strands too much protein. Some of my ends are starting to snap off again. :nono:

So I think I should either do this... Wear my hair in a rollerset, apply MT to the scalp nightly, and discontinue with the daily cowash. Instead, I will DC twice per week.

OR continue the daily cowash but limit MT use to every two or three days. :perplexed

What do ya'll think?

Has anyone sufferred breakage from ovation or Mt while in barids? For example the product getting on the hair, causing to dry or tangle and break?

Please let me know what your sistuation is with braids and
MT /Ovation?

:grin:

I don't have braids exactly but I have kinky twists and everything seems to be going great!!! I don't think i am experiencing dryness because I mist my roots (and recently the length of my kinkys) with a mix of water, glycerin, and castor oil or water, infusium moisturologie, and surge, or just water and infusium moisturologie ( whatever I have) before I apply the OCT

HTH

BTW there are pics in my fotki of my kinkys when I put them in and after a month of having them in pw: gabi

OK, so I have been applying MT every night (scalp only) and continuing with my daily cowash routine in the mornings. I think this is too much for my hair. :nono:

I cowashed this morning with a moisturizing conditioner and my hair feels extra protein-y again. I have a theory that the runoff from the daily MT application has been giving my strands too much protein. Some of my ends are starting to snap off again. :nono:

So I think I should either do this... Wear my hair in a rollerset, apply MT to the scalp nightly, and discontinue with the daily cowash. Instead, I will DC twice per week.

OR continue the daily cowash but limit MT use to every two or three days. :perplexed

What do ya'll think?

Hrrrm, that sucks.

Have you tried applying the MT AFTER you co-wash? I'm thinking that might give it more time to soak into your scalp, so that there will be less to run down your strands the next morning?

Otherwise - I'd say it really depends on you. How impatient are you? Do you like rollersets? If you like the idea of skipping the cowashes, doing DC's & rollersets, I'd definitely go for that option, personally, but I'm very impatient. :lol:

*throws small tantrum*

My herbs & stuff won't be here til the 9th! The 9th, ya'll!!! *pouts* *sigh* *taps foot impatiently*

What do ya'll think?
Try cowashing at night and then adding the MT at night. That means you go a longer time without washing and the MT has way more time to absorb. If you put MT on at night and wash in the morning that is less time it has to completely absorb.

Hrrrm, that sucks.

Have you tried applying the MT AFTER you co-wash? I'm thinking that might give it more time to soak into your scalp, so that there will be less to run down your strands the next morning?

Otherwise - I'd say it really depends on you. How impatient are you? Do you like rollersets? If you like the idea of skipping the cowashes, doing DC's & rollersets, I'd definitely go for that option, personally, but I'm very impatient. :lol:

*throws small tantrum*

My herbs & stuff won't be here til the 9th! The 9th, ya'll!!! *pouts* *sigh* *taps foot impatiently*

I think I'm gonna play it safe for the time being and get out of my lazy streak. After I get my hair back up to optimal moisture, then I'll try cowashing and applying MT after.

ETA: Thanks too Bint!

i think the shedding is finally slowing down YAy! im keeping my fingers crossed. on another note i have about an inch of ng from the OCT and 2.5 inches of underproseced ng from my last self relaxing attempt. I will probally get a touchup/corrective next week maybe, and ill post pix... or should i wait for our next check in?

Alrighty ladies! My Mega Tek Rebuilder still hasn't shown up, so I had to get proactive (watch it come tomorrow:rolleyes:). I just found out that there's a store 10 miles from me that sell it, so I went and bought the Mega Tek Rebuilder and Creme Conditioner Rinse. I'm soooo happy! I also went and purchased some vitamin e oil and castor oil.

And wouldn't you know it: They had the the WHOLE M-T-G product line, and cheaper too!:shocked: Too bad I'm not using it anymore:lachen:

But anyway, I'm about to wash, condition and get my mega-sag on! Now all I need is a digital camera, so I can take pictures. I'm on it.:grin:

Try cowashing at night and then adding the MT at night. That means you go a longer time without washing and the MT has way more time to absorb. If you put MT on at night and wash in the morning that is less time it has to completely absorb.

I cowash daily and add my MT mixture to my scalp right after I spray my leave-in. It works for me.

Alrighty ladies! My Mega Tek Rebuilder still hasn't shown up, so I had to get proactive (watch it come tomorrow:rolleyes:). I just found out that there's a store 10 miles from me that sell it, so I went and bought the Mega Tek Rebuilder and Creme Conditioner Rinse. I'm soooo happy! I also went and purchased some vitamin e oil and castor oil.

And wouldn't you know it: They had the the WHOLE M-T-G product line, and cheaper too!:shocked: Too bad I'm not using it anymore:lachen:

But anyway, I'm about to wash, condition and get my mega-sag on! Now all I need is a digital camera, so I can take pictures. I'm on it.:grin:

I'm realy cracking up at your siggy!:lachen::lachen:

Hey ladies I got my mega-tek rebuilder, and starting from next 2 weeks I will be using it on my scalp only added with a few oils.

I am finally going to take these braids out and get on with the growth-yeah baby...but I must admit I am having detachment issues with delouise growth elixir IT SMELLS AMAZING!!!!

Hey guys just checking in! I finally got settled into LA (just moved from NYC) so I don't have a computer or anything hooked up yet. I get my LHCF fix by way of my Blackberry, so pardon any spacing errors in my messages (not sure if this thing double spaces right). Lol

So I decided to focus my MT on applying to just my nape first. My crown and the rest of my hair grows OUT OF CONTROL like weeds. But my nape is slow to catch up. Its growing but is about an inch or inch and a half shorter than the rest of my locs. Shrinkage from a two and a half month stretch doesn't help either. So I co-wash daily; first I do a rinse with MT on the length of my hair and scalp before I co-wash w/ organix. After I apply my leave-ins, I part the hair at my nape and apply the MT there daily. Then I do either a twistout or flexirod set.

So that's going to be my routine til the end of August. Hoping to make up that inch or more by then. After that, I'm going to go back to doing my whole head.

Girly, I went there yesterday! The sales clerk helped me locate the MT, she was very nice so I asked her what did "equine" meant on the bottle. She said well this product is for horses:look:...I said I know...lol. At that point I was like thanks for your help...you can leave now :lachen:bye. I didn't want her in my business...lol. And yes I saw the MTG product line too for the first time!

I'm going to see how the MT reacts to my scalp and hair before I officially join the challenge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back