***Online Dating Support Thread***

i got a message from a guy yesterday, 93% match 0% enemy. i was tempted to reply "lets not waste time with messages and just get this going already" :lol: but the messages are good. hope theres potentialllllllllllllll :drunk:

he sent me a link to some of his music. i think i am potentially very interested...

i RGIS'd his pic hoping to find more, which i didnt, but i did come across some social media. that last name is a no go for marriage :lol:

edit: aaaaaaaaaaaaand he just asked me out. first date of 2015 coming up!

Last edited:
he sent me a link to some of his music. i think i am potentially very interested...

i RGIS'd his pic hoping to find more, which i didnt, but i did come across some social media. that last name is a no go for marriage :lol:

edit: aaaaaaaaaaaaand he just asked me out. first date of 2015 coming up!

A dude always gets bonus points for artistic talent or genuine interest in the arts whether it be music, literature, fashion whatever. I don't like artsy fartsy...these interests /talent have to be coupled with manly swag :lol: good luck on your date!

I gave this guy on pof my number, then regretted it because I know that he's not my type. So he's called me like 3 times (one during the middle of a work day...dude I'm a teacher), and texted a few more (one being like are u still interested)...and me...being passive aggressive :look: just never replied :ohwell:

So this morning who do I see walking to get on the metro as I'm getting off the train......damn this small arse city! I put my head down and high tailed it to work..

I gave this guy on pof my number, then regretted it because I know that he's not my type. So he's called me like 3 times (one during the middle of a work day...dude I'm a teacher), and texted a few more (one being like are u still interested)...and me...being passive aggressive :look: just never replied :ohwell:

So this morning who do I see walking to get on the metro as I'm getting off the train......damn this small arse city! I put my head down and high tailed it to work..
LMAO. I just moved here.... it is still a big city to me.

Congrats on your date Cara

What's up with all these dudes with no profile pictures tryna chat me up? You serious?? This is online dating. Pics are a must.

Google voice FTW.

ooooook we're meeting tonight. im debating shoehorning in an activity because i dont want to just meet at a bar to chat. the skirt i want to wear barely zips over my butt, but the other one is too short. thats the only thing i dont like about tonight :drunk: prep time!

edit: wait :lol: got a text from someone i been waiting to hear from :look: might have to reschedule :rofl:

Last edited:
ooooook we're meeting tonight. im debating shoehorning in an activity because i dont want to just meet at a bar to chat. the skirt i want to wear barely zips over my butt, but the other one is too short. thats the only thing i dont like about tonight :drunk: prep time!

CaraWalker is back, go on girl!!!!!!!!! I will just sit my dateless self here. It is too cold for me to dress up. Lol!!

Hi everyone, newly single lady here. I want to jump back into the dating game asap which sites do you think are best? I'm looking for a relationship and I'm a single mother. I've tried pof and okc in the past, most of the guys just seemed weird though.

First date of 2015 wasn't a disaster. He was nice, cute, gorgeous Irish accent, ticked all the boxes except the "I want you so bad I want to take your clothes off" box. He asked for my no at the end of the night. Maybe we could be friends. I think I'll have at least one more first date before the weekend ends.

ugh i just typed a long post and the board ate it, but long story short, i wasnt as attracted to him as i wanted to be. i think he was though because the date lasted til nearly 3 in the morning and he asked me to come up at his place. there was a funny exchange where he wouldnt get out of my car and at first i didint know why, until it was clear he was hanging around to ask me to come upstairs :lol: i actually had to tell him at one point to get out of my car :rofl: i would go out with him again but i doubt he'll follow up. he probably just wanted a hookup idk. its always weird where you didnt really like a guy as much as you thought you would but you still want him to like you anyway. so the date was fine but as far as how satisfied i feel about its potential, ima give it a 3/10.

then after the other kid called and wanted to come over but he was like drunk or on something because he would not stop talking. and it was getting to be 5 in the morning and i just wanted to sleep. then he waited til he called his uber to be wanting to kiss me :rolleyes: so that little 5 or 10 minutes of making out was nice, but sooooooooooo tired. i would also give that a 3/10.

so, overall, night not super successful, which is a letdown. but this is the game. ucch.

- used tinder for 5 minutes, then deleted it.
-used okcupid for 3 hours then deleted it.

Now I am going to use the plentyoffish thing.

Hi everyone, newly single lady here. I want to jump back into the dating game asap which sites do you think are best? I'm looking for a relationship and I'm a single mother. I've tried pof and okc in the past, most of the guys just seemed weird though.
Girl it is a hit or miss on all of them - so I would do the free sites before the pay sites. I see the same guys on OKC, that are on POF, that are on Match.com. Sending you dating dust :fairy:

In SF so changed my Match location. These guys seem more aggressive than NYC men. Already asked on 3 dates and have been here 1 day.

Meanwhile I'm still emailing with a guy from 2 weeks ago back home. I don't need a pen pal. Bout to cut him off...

Second first date was a dud. He was intelligent well spoken but not attractive. 0/2 but at least I'm back into the game!

ETA both have asked for date 2. I might say yes to one but deflect two.

Last edited:
So within 1 week 2 different guys on POF have said something about my message length filter. I require 100 characters to send me a message. Dudes, stop complaining and just think of something intelligent to say!

So within 1 week 2 different guys on POF have said something about my message length filter. I require 100 characters to send me a message. Dudes, stop complaining and just think of something intelligent to say!

I have the same filter. If someone complains in a message, I just block them. They're too lazy for me anyway.

i hate playing profile tag. this has been going on for months. i finally starred him so that we would get a mutual like notification. he visited again, wasnt sure if it was on purpose, so i didnt visit back. he visits today. i visit back. he visits back.

*not amused emoji*

you tryna get in on this or nah? think i should break down and message you first? what is this? i think i might just keep visiting back each time :rofl:

Back