"OMG, what are you doing?!!!!!!" My BC thread (pic heavy)

Your hair!!! I'm soooooo jealous!!! My mini twists don't look that good, how long does it take you? And where are you getting your shea butter from.

If I blow my hair out a bit, it takes about 4 hours. If I do it on damp hair it will take longer. Sometimes it takes a few days, but that's only when I'm being lazy and take naps, eat, or watch TV during the process.

I am currently using the shea butter from buttersnbars.com. I use the beige one, not the yellow one. It leaves my hair really soft. I used to think it didn't work for me, but that was because I would try to apply it to wet hair. My hair likes it better when it's applied dry.

Ditto what everyone else has said!! Gorgeous twists, love the three strand twists and side braids AND I think you have a great version of the "Rudy", lol. Love it!

LMAO!!! while I was scrolling down at your pics on my computer my husband jumped off the couch and ran over to see who's hair that is :grin:!!!! he was amazed at the thickness ......gorgeous hair !!!

Truly pic heavy.
Your hair is insanely gorgeous.
I love all of your styles and your growth is fantastic.
What is your regimen?

Another question...How do you get the front to look so perfectly parted? I can't get mine to do that.

Another question...How do you get the front to look so perfectly parted? I can't get mine to do that.

I use the brick layering method. I part my first row and decide on how small I want the twists to be. Once that row is finished, I part my second row and make sure that the twists in the second row fall between the gaps of the twists in the first row. I hope that makes sense.

I make sure I twist tightly at the root to keep it neat. I'll take a picture of how I have them parted when I refresh them on my next day off.

Truly pic heavy.
Your hair is insanely gorgeous.
I love all of your styles and your growth is fantastic.
What is your regimen?

I don't quite have a set regimen yet, still experimenting. I wash whenever I feel the need, but when I'm in twists I'll wash every two weeks when I refresh them.

My current products are:

• Suave Rosemary and Mint Shampoo
  • ACV
  • Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner
  • Tressemme Naturals conditioner (loooooooooooove this)
  • Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner
  • Giovanni Direct Leave-In
  • and I'm currently testing out Yes to Carrots conditioner, Yes to Cucumbers conditioner, and will soon test the Yes to Cucumbers leave-in.
  • Unrefined Shea Butter
  • EVOO

:droolings:kewlpics::pant::pant::pant::pant::pant: That is some beautiful hair!!! OMG!!! Off to stalk your fotki!!! You got that much growth from your transition? And I'm loving your versatility!!! I wanna be like you when I grow up :grin:

Back