Older ladies........Does this happen to you?

StarScream35

When you go out on dates or meet men online do they have the nerve to question you as to why you aren't married with no children? I can't believe men fix their mouths to ask this all the while sittin up there single and never been married themselves. One guy even told me ON OUR FIRST DATE he know myself and other beautiful single women are the jealous type and something must be wrong. Um cuse me but I know lots of jealous types that are in relationships. What's up with these stupid men!

I'm in my late 20's and this happens to me.

It depends on their tone when they ask it. If it's presumptious I give them the stank face and move around.

I always thought it was a backwards compliment.

Like - "You're so pretty and sexy. You mean to tell me no man has wifed you and knocked you up a couple of times?!"

Or just making conversation (and/or wondering if something is amiss with you :lol:.)

I think they say that because they're secretly wondering if something is wrong with you. They know that men do the proposing and the women do the accepting. So, because you're not married, he's wondering why nobody asked you.

The same don't usually apply to men seeing that most women does want to get married. Most men that isn't married isn't married because they don't want to be married....or aren't ready.

I got that on my last date. I told him: "are you trying to figure out if something is wrong with me." But I did not say it in a combative way.

It is a stupid question. What do you want me to say?!

FYI I am 28.

Yep... I tell them I'm not married because I have not found the right man (gonna change that to the right man ahs not found me in the future) and I dont have children because I'm not married

The same don't usually apply to men seeing that most women does want to get married. Most men that isn't married isn't married because they don't want to be married....or aren't ready.
Actually *CherryPie* I do this very thing with men. "You 40some? No kids? Never married? Ever have a LTR?"

Its my quirck, but I do tend to think something might be a little off with a man who, by his mid 40s has never had at least a relationship longer than 5 years...

I guess some men think the same way.

It aint right, but it is what it is....

^^^ Yes ma'am. I'm late twenties and It's borderline insulting sometimes. LOL. I get the what's wrong with you? I retort, what's wrong with you?

You're childless and you're able to get dates? I thought that was impossible

Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

I got asked similar questions with 19/20. Not about kids but why I was single, like every dude I met.
Men are wierd,if you're single they'll try to find something wrong with you but if you're boo'd up or married they'll chase you like you're the last woman on earth.
Makes no sense

I always thought it was a backwards compliment.

Like - "You're so pretty and sexy. You mean to tell me no man has wifed you and knocked you up a couple of times?!"

Or just making conversation (and/or wondering if something is amiss with you :lol:.)

Did somebody actually say that? Ugh! :barf:

I get that all the time they say you live in the DMV and no one hasnt wifed you up yet. My excuse is that I am a mama's girl lol really its kinda the truth tho.

Back