Ok I'm going to do it- Could you be in a plural marriage?

Could you be in a plural marriage ?

• Hell to the Naw!

Votes: 319 85.3%
  • Yes, the more the merrier.

Votes: 11 2.9%
  • Maybe, it would depend on the situation.

Votes: 44 11.8%

• Total voters
Hell to the Nah!

I actually saw a website once where this guy was trying to "Recruit" women to be involved in his plural marriage. He was saying how it was "so wonderful . . . like a sorority" with all the sister-wives. *rolling eyes* Honestly, even Big Love shows how even the most good natured man (e.g., Bill Henrickson) is still a MAN at the end of the day (i.e., convincing his DYING wife to let him take on a second wife, have a couple of kids with her and THEN take on the cutie checkout girl at his store? Puh-lease!).

Glib Gurl said:
Hell to the Nah!

I actually saw a website once where this guy was trying to "Recruit" women to be involved in his plural marriage. He was saying how it was "so wonderful . . . like a sorority" with all the sister-wives. *rolling eyes* Honestly, even Big Love shows how even the most good natured man (e.g., Bill Henrickson) is still a MAN at the end of the day (i.e., convincing his DYING wife to let him take on a second wife, have a couple of kids with her and THEN take on the cutie checkout girl at his store? Puh-lease!).

He sure did! Isn't that something, bad Bill.:mad:

DahomeyAhosi said:
Yes, my grandparents were in a polygamous marriage and it worked very well.

Really? Would you mind giving us more info - like was it based on religion or culture? How many spouses were there?

Nah I dont think I could, even though I voted maybe. I think I am more open to the fact because its not a foreign concept to me.

I have folks in polygamous relationships in my family so I understand that they can work.

Last edited:
McDreamy said:
Here's my question though.

What's the difference really between a male with children from different mothers?

At least in pologamy, (religiously or culturally based) the husband will not marry unless he can actually take care of the mother and children.

I totally agree with you. But people like to tell themselves: "it's not the same".

I voted: depends on the situation, but it would probably be no. I have a hard time finding a man to handle me let alone me and other women. I am facinated by this from a psychological stand point. If it could be like Big Love... hmmm I think I could handle that, but that is tv.

McDreamy said:
Here's my question though.

What's the difference really between a male with children from different mothers?

At least in pologamy, (religiously or culturally based) the husband will not marry unless he can actually take care of the mother and children.

To the bolded: He might have other children outside of his marriage(s). Who's to say polygamysts are all faithful (ummm I guess as faithful as they are supposed to be I dont really know how it works).

Males with children from different mothers are not married to each of the mothers, leaving them all leeway to find other spouses of their own. They also are not all sexually involved.

Maybe....It might be nice to have multiple husbands. I wouldn't allow my husband to have multiple wives, though. :)

Glamourous said:
To the bolded: He might have other children outside of his marriage(s). Who's to say polygamysts are all faithful (ummm I guess as faithful as they are supposed to be I dont really know how it works).

Males with children from different mothers are not married to each of the mothers, leaving them all leeway to find other spouses of their own. They also are not all sexually involved.

Not on paper, but in practice they do everything a married couple does ( except sex ). many men do actually sleep with their exes if they have a lot of contact but how would you know?

Afrolinda said:
Not on paper, but in practice they do everything a married couple does ( except sex ). many men do actually sleep with their exes if they have a lot of contact but how would you know?

If they would like to sleep with their ex then hey:ohwell: But they are not married or legally bound to one another. Just like there is a difference between a woman with a significant other and a married woman, there are differences between a plural marriage and a man with children by ex girlfriends.

I mainly disagree with plural marriages because women usually get the short end of the stick.

Glamourous said:
If they would like to sleep with their ex then hey:ohwell: But they are not married or legally bound to one another. Just like there is a difference between a woman with a significant other and a married woman, there are differences between a plural marriage and a man with children by ex girlfriends.

I mainly disagree with plural marriages because women usually get the short end of the stick.

Not in my version...:p

Sure could if hubby was filthy rich and wifey #2 was BUTT UGLY, dumb as a door nail, cooked like a chef, cleaned like a maid, took care of his "freaky side", and birthed and took care of all the kids his heart desired.

I would fulfill other needs of course....

I'd keep him "upgraded"... Help him keep life/career/money business straight... keep him emotionally and spiritually taken care of, and make sure he always had something nice to look at no matter how old I was.

Hey, you asked :p

No, I have to put in a lot of work with the one relationship I'm in. If i had two men I had to please. Just the though of it is making me want to pass out from exhaustion. :cool:

I don't want to share. I want to give my love to one person, and I want him to give his love to me. No room for no other chick or man. He's all I need, and I'm all he needs.

Back