Oils,Pomades,Grease,Butters,Lotions & Cremes 2013

Oil rinsed 2x last week with vatika frosting. Doing a hot/prepoo with it today.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Rubbed some Gro Aut Mahabhringraj oil on my scalp & Simease Twist essential hair butter on length,just a little..

Happy Hair Growing!

i'll be using:
sapote
evoo
hemp
evco
castor or jbco

creams/butters/lotions

darcy's botanicals leave-in (on wash day under gel and for detangling wet hair on wash day)
isha hair cream
murumuru-acai butter
balancing ends insurance
quinoa-coffee balancing

my list of oils will expand considerably cause i'm starting a business in 2013:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=17558057#post17558057

i will start ordering raw materials and packaging the first week of january and have my friend design my logo. so some of these oils will be used by me cause i'll be a guinea pig. :)

Well definitely post details once its up and running! Good luck, thats exciting!

Bear Fruit Hair is having 35% sale on certain hair/Scalp Creams..code-NewYear35
January 7th-11

Happy Hair Growing!

Moisturized my hair with Cupuacu Butter (PBN-Tahitian Vanilla) ---> my dry strands were INSTANTLY revitalized. Sealed with Gleau Oil. Love this combination. I will continue with this daily until I co-wash Wednesday night.

@LaidBak

Have you tried any others? i.e. Sprout, Happy Hempy Hair, Clouds? Aloe & Silk, Jar Of Joe *these sound like some stuff you would like*:lick:

Nope. My hair is very particular. Doesn't like coconut oil in any way shape or form, or glycerine, or aloe. I have to be real careful. As much as I love to buy new stuff I know it will just end with a setback. :(

Info on what castor oil

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/02/7-ways-to-use-castor-oil/

Castor oil contains vitamin E, minerals, proteins, antibacterial and anti-fungicidal properties. Scientists attribute its healing benefits to its unusual chemical composition, which consists of a triglyceride of fatty acids with ricinoleic acid of up to 90 percent. In addition to healing benefits, castor oil also contains anti-inflammatory properties, all of which are related to healthy hair growth. Here are 7 ways to incorporate castor oil into a healthy hair regimen.

Added Shine

According to researchers studying the light reflected from hair samples, castor oil hair treatments were found to increase the luster of hair. This effect is caused by castor oil‘s ability to coat the hair shaft, sealing in moisture and creating a silkier surface. Dull hair may benefit from the use of castor oil hair treatments, either in conditioners or in the form of a hot oil treatment. For optimum shine, use a hot oil treatment once per month or moisturizing treatments weekly. However, more frequent use than this can result in an oily scalp.

Improve Scalp Circulation

Castor oil on your scalp can help to increase circulation. The strengthening effect it has on hair follicles can stimulate hair growth in cases of alopecia, or hair loss.

Prevent Hair Loss

The antifungal and antibacterial properties in castor oil are useful in combating scalp infections, such as follliculitus, ringworm and peidra. Infections and scalp disorders are major causes of hair loss. Pathogens and micro-organisms such as viruses, bacteria, fungus and parasites can attack your skin and scalp, leading to bald patches and impeding hair growth.

Control Split Ends

Castor oil as a conditioning treatment can help reduce split ends, which in turn prevents hair loss and breakage. Omega 6 essential fatty acids, vitamin E, proteins and other nutrients in castor oil can penetrate dry and damaged hair, smoothing rough cuticles and helping the hair shaft retain moisture. Castor oil has a viscous consistency, so mixing it with lighter oils — such as olive and jojoba — makes it easier to evenly and sufficiently distribute it throughout your hair.

Sealing

Castor oil is a popular ingredient in hair products formulated for highly textured hair because it is known for its ability to seal moisture in the hair, combatting the natural dryness of these hair types. Apply it after moisturizing with a water-based product for a long-lasting seal.

Treatment of Dry Scalp or Dandruff

Castor oil contains fungicidal, germicidal and insecticidal properties, making it an effective treatment for many causes of dandruff. In addition, castor oil hair treatments seal in moisture when applied to either the hair or the scalp, making it an excellent scalp moisturizer. If you have dry scalp or dandruff, apply castor oil directly to dry areas prior to washing or shampooing the hair.

Moisturizing Scalp & Thickening Hair

Omega 6 fatty acids in castor oil help keep your scalp from drying out, while regular use of castor oil may encourage thicker hair growth. Unrefined castor oil is preferred over refined types, because it contains more nutrients and healing properties. Use castor oil for hot oil treatments and scalp massages to stimulate hair growth and keep your hair soft and manageable. Leave the oil in your hair overnight, covered with a plastic cap to trap heat and enhance penetration. In the morning, wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo to remove all traces of castor oil, then style as usual.

Coconut oil same source

Coconut oil is one of the few discoveries that I rave about endlessly. It helps hair maintain its moisture and even has a scientifically proven role in conditioning. However, I do get reports from naturals who struggle with coconut oil and report that it leaves hair crunchy or even feeling brittle. A super oily scalp is also another common issue.

Are you struggling to love coconut oil?* Here are my four of best hints and tips on how to get the most out coconut oil and conquer that crunch.

1. The fingertip technique

Coconut oil is not meant to be slathered on. It is light and spreadable which means that a little of it goes a long way. Use the fingertip technique to control how much you use.

Section your hair into four. Scoop one index finger of coconut oil and melt it thoroughly in your hands. Dab the melted oil to each of the four sections and then take the time to spread the oil on each section focusing on the ends. Before using more oil, look at your palms, if there is still oil on them, you do not need to add more.

2. Mix it up to prevent crunchy hair

Cold air can cause coconut oil to freeze which in turn makes hair feel hard and crunchy. Mix coconut oil with shea butter (40% coconut oil, 60% shea butter) to create an oil which does not crunch up in cold air. You can also combine coconut oil with oils which are liquid at low temperatures such as olive oil, almond oil or jojoba oil.

3. Use it before washing your hair

Coconut oil does not have to be used just to seal hair and if you have difficulty using it on its own then consider just using it before washing your hair. Apply it the night before the wash to allow it sufficient time to penetrate into the hair. Coconut oil will protect the cuticle from expanding excessively as water is taken up from the wash and protect your hair from losing its protein.

4. Words of Caution

a.) Shampoo is required
If you are not using a cleansing product (shampoo or soap), and you are strictly co-washing, you should watch out for build up if you regularly use any oil in your routine. Build up can be seen often as a white coating on hair but in the case of light build up it may just be that your hair does not respond as normal – for example it never feels moisturised or it feels very greasy or it feels hard.

b.) Coconut oil is not a substitute for a protein treatment
Coconut oil does not contain protein. The crunchy feel is related to the amount of oil used and the air temperature. Coconut oil* does indeed protect hair from losing protein but if your intent is to fill gaps in your hair and add strength as a protein treatment would do, then coconut oil is not the man for the job.

^^This is why I feel my hair should love coconut oil. I used to use it all the time--I swore by it! But I noticed over time that it seemed to dry my hair out. Even coconut oil based conditioners (like SitriNillah) left my hair hard and crunchy. Now I have a bunch of coconut oil blends and butters collecting dust in my closet. *sigh* Maybe I just need to use it sparingly like the article says.

Last night I massaged my scalp with hair trigger and applied DB's coco curl cream on my ends.

This afternoon I sealed with Claudie's graden oil after my wash routine.

I oiled my scalp between my tracks with grapeseed/wheat germ/JBCO and fragrance oil mix before I went swimming.

Oiled my scalp with my modified WGHO (added evoco, peppermint, Rosemary and eucalyptus oils). Moisturized with CON Argan oil leave in, sealed with walnut oil

Back