Jury still out
Surge Moisture Max-cant use with ultra max left hair dry
Surge Ulta Max-left hair kinda of dry
<font color="black"> </font>
MISSES
Lanza Moisture Treatment-disappointed-no slip or moisture

Hits:

Affirm Relaxer System:
(includes Protecto, Sensitive Scalp Relaxer, 5 in 1 Reconstructor, and Neutralising Shampoo)
Nexxus Epitome Reconstructor
Nexxus Botanic Oil - love this

Miss:

Elasta QP H-Two

I think I have more but that's all I can remember now

Not much from me this time around...

Hits: His and Her Natural Perm Straight hair for weaving
Indian Remi Hair weaving
TIGI Bedhead Sprayable wax
Better Braid Unbraid Spray
Surge: I use it as a daily leave in on hair not scalp.
Elasta QP glaze

Misses: His and Her Kinky Smooth Hair weave. Lots of tangles.

Monster huge hit!

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner - One of the best conditioners that I have ever used. /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

Hits: coconut milk
motions cpr shampoo &amp; con
giovanni leave in

Miss: suave strawberry &amp; creme con
loreal mega moisture conditioner

Hits:

Baby Shampoo (I originally bought this to wash my makeup brushes with but it's great on my hair!)
LUST (I rediscovered this after a long time. Using this and the baby shampoo gives me the softest hair in town, even after my hair is dry)
Pantene Anti-Frizz Serum (I originally hated this but I realized that following the bottle's instructions meant I was using too little of this product. A lot more is needed and I actually can use this to do the wash and wear look everybody is doing on the board)

No misses.

Hit: Kenra Moisturising Shampoo

Miss: Motions Setting lotion ( it left clumps in my hair and it made it feel sticky)

Hit:
Nexxus Emergencee
Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
Nexxus Keraphix
L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense anti-frixx cream
Cococare 100% Natural Jojoba oil

Miss:
Nexxus Therappe
Lekair Cholesteral (super and aloe vera; left my hair a tangled mess and made my scalp dry)
L'Oreal Nature's therapy hot oil

Re-Hits:
CD Mimosa Hair Honey (gives my hair great shine, smells wonderful and makes my hair REALLY soft)
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner as a Deep Treatment (with heat for 30 minutes after clarifying)

Jury Still Out:
Lumene Hair Balsam for dry hair

Misses:
Nexxus Botanoil
Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo(I have more than 1/2 litre left if anyone wants it)

Hits: NTM Mask and Daily Conditioner /images/graemlins/love.gif
Recipe for pretreatment: Mixture of Mayo, Honey, Egg, and Cinnamon /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Misses: New Lustrasilk Aloe Cholesterol. Why did they change the formula? I was so angry that I wrote them a letter /images/graemlins/mad.gif
NTM Shampoo: If I wanted something to tangle my hair, I would have bought some cheap VO5 shampoo, not that expensive stuff. /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

HITS:
Oyin Greg juice--a no oil moisturizing spritz
Cinnamon, EVOO, honey added to any conditioner

MISS:
Lustrasilk Aloe AND reg. cholesterol-they leave my hair hard and greasy! /images/graemlins/down.gif

I can't rinse Surge and Hawaiian Silky No Drip Activator out of my hair with plain water or conditioner. But my clarifying poos are too strong to use every other day or two and my regular poos are too gentle and I have to lather 3x-4x to get all the goop out of my hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif So far only my Ampro Cream Fluff meets my needs. But I'm paranoid about it being discontinued or not being sold in my area anymore. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif So I have been looking for a cheap, mass distributed shampoo that I can use often w/o dryness. So far I have found two--

Hits:
Pert Plus 2 in 1 for Kids
Suave for Kids Dragon Fruit Shampoo (it's $1 cheaper than the Pert /images/graemlins/sekret.gif )

(I dilute them and only lather once)

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
HITS:
Oyin Greg juice--a no oil moisturizing spritz

[/ QUOTE ]

My curiosity was piqued and I went to the website. Look at the little cutie pie on the homepage! /images/graemlins/love.gif

babyfroad3.jpg

HITS:
Elucence moisture balancing conditioner
Elucence moisture benefits shampoo
VO5 Pina colada conditioner

UNDECIDED:
Biolage ultra hydrating balm

I second the VO5 Pina Colada Conditioner! I finally found it... (CVS stores in Florida are carrying them now) and it's great stuff!

Glad you love the Elucence, Den1! I have a liter of the shampoo myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hits:

vo5 extra body conditioner: even less frizz..i use this conditioner as a leave-in like i do all other vo5's

softee coconut oil &amp; cocoa butter i mixed (i melted these 2 in the microwave and mixed together...when i run out of this coconut oil i will go for the organic kind...this mix makes my hair really shiny and weighs my hair down better than shea butter and also straightens when i brush this mix thru my hair with a boar bristle brush)

creme of nature mahogany permanent dye--i should have bought 2 boxes cuz i almost ran out...but i had no burning and it went pretty well...i follow perm. dyes or rinses with a deep conditioning

pink perm rods--curling the ends on big hair days

jury is still out on:

coconut milk and lime: its hard to find coconut milk around here so i took instructions i found online to get the milk from the bottom of a cream of coconut can and mixed with milk...the mix was ok but i will have to try again later when i decide im gonna make coconut milk...instructions can be found via google /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i can't believe thats all i bought this month /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I gotta try that pretreatment Anky. Thanks!!

HITS:
Pantene S &amp; Sleek Serum(Dimethicone)
Sally's Humectress(Leave-In)
Aussie 3MM(I'm thinking COs)
Suave Pro Therappe

MISSES:
Garnier Fructis Fortifying Con. It felt cheap on my hair. I'll pass.

Hits:

Creme of Nature Nourishing Conditioner as a Deep Conditioner.

Miss:
Dudley's Fantastic Body Setting Lotion, I've used this several times and the only thing I like about it is the excellent slip it provides on wet hair, other than that its not worth it.

Another hit:

Cristina Satin Nites Extra long satin scarf. My hair seems to stay really moisturized when I use this one compared to my silk scarves.

[ QUOTE ]
Bunny77 said:
I second the VO5 Pina Colada Conditioner! I finally found it... (CVS stores in Florida are carrying them now) and it's great stuff!

Glad you love the Elucence, Den1! I have a liter of the shampoo myself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Bunny77, i really NEEEED a litre size of elucence conditioner *clearing my throat* hint hint... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif pretty please.

[ QUOTE ]
Erica78 said:
Monster huge hit!

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner - One of the best conditioners that I have ever used. /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!

Whole Foods was out of the GPB so I figured I'd try the Honeusuckle. I loved it! My hair felt soft and the feeling lasted than other conditioners' results. It must be the shea butter. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

I bought three bottles yesterday. I'm hooked! /images/graemlins/up.gif

NTM mask /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif
NTM silk touch leave in /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif
NTM healing serum /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif
NTM daily deep conditioner /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif
AO white camellia and jasmine shampoo /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Faith, I was checking out your new pics in your album. Your hair is looking good girl and is it ever growing! what kind of texturizer do you use and do you use the baggie method most days? I need to check out your regime. Do you take vits? Have you been steaming your hair as well? Whatever you are doing it is working for you. Keep the progress pics coming. Bonjour

Back