Non-heat users! Please stop in here....

My puffs and braidouts and wash and gos started looking funny. I went to JCPenney and told the lady I wanted my hair shaped and the length left alone. It really helped with the strange triangle looking head business I had been rocking previously.

Hi Londontress and bride,
I airdried. No heat used.

Step 1.oil rinse with jojoba oil or Castro oil.
Step 2. Co-washed
Step 3. While hair is dripping wet add a little moisturister and chi silk infusion (less product make hair lighter.)
Step 4. Before putting the curlformer in your hair make sure it is untangled and as smooth as possible. I use my fingers or comb.
Step 4b. To get your roots straight, twist the hair like 2-3 rotations.the curlformer instructions explains this. Think bantu type twisting but for your roots only.
Step 5. Keep hair soaking wet when applying the curlformers by spritzing with water when needed.

Total time. It takes about 45 minutes to apply. But the hair dries really quickly because all of it has airflow//ventilation. It takes about 1.5 hours to air dry.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

I don't use heat; I have no flat iron, curling iron or hand dryer and my sit under dryer is broken to not be replaced.

I pretty much wash 'n go all year round.

Texturized 4b checking in...I rarely use heat. I mainly bun, rollerset & pin up my hair, or twists. It takes practice, but you can rock a cute look without having to straighten your hair all the time.

Attachments

• Pin Up.jpg
    Pin Up.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Twist Up do.jpg
    Twist Up do.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Twists 2011.jpg
    Twists 2011.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 21
  • Side Bun.jpg
    Side Bun.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 21
Thanks Ladies for all you great ideas and pictures!
I am not bonelaxed, neither am I really a textured texlaxed (wavy/curly), I'm just kinda straight and frizzy (almost kinky) when I try to air dry using the scarf method. Roller sets usually take more than 4 hours to dry on light heat with my dense hair. What do you suggest?

@ @Nix08 If you wrap your hair after you do that, do you get a flat-ironed look? Also, does that last all day?
cia_garces I have not tried wrapping after but I'm sure if I did it would look like flat ironed hair with a little more thickness. I don't like big hair or big curls so as curls drop the more I like them so by the end of the day is how I like my hair best:ohwell:

Back