No length check until the End of...

Softerlove

1. The challenges you are currently enrolled in.

2. December 31. 2011

That means, No accidental checks..no "hun, can you just take a photo?" While you turn your back to him/her and stretch your hair.
This also excludes "incidentals" such as checks on the interim of relaxers or installs. Or the stretching you "must do" during your moisturize and seal routine. :nono:

I have been doing daily length checks... This is an intervention.

Challengers:

Napp :blush:
HanaKuroi
Ijanei
MsLi@512 :blush:
naturalmanenyc
Shadiyah
Firstborn2
LaToya28
MSDee14 :blush:
Nix08:blush:
Beverly Ann Properties
Evo-ny :blush:
youwillrise:blush:
Amyrose92 :blush::blush::blush: :blush:
lustrous
OsnapCnapp!
MariaWithLove
Chameleonchick
BlkOnyx488 :blush::blush:
Sistar
DesignerCurls:blush:
KumakoXsd
dollface0023
topnotch1010
faithVA:blush::blush:
Ravengirl
indarican:blush::blush:
JustGrowwithIt:blush::blush::blush:
ladykpnyc
Aggie
bernag06
Softerlove:blush::blush:

So that we are clear, none of this!:

d03625e5-5a53-fd1f.jpg

d03625e5-5a7c-0799.jpg

d03625e5-5aa9-d5be.jpg

With:

d03625e5-5ac3-e473.jpg

Or shirts.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Last edited:
the diagrams are killing me softly!

i dont plan on straigtening until my next touch up which is in Dec so im with you!

Aw, man....I gotta think about this one. Just got a relaxer today & peeped the length so no need to drive myself crazy for the next 2 months staring at my hair & willing it to grow. But it's OH SO TEMPTING after each wash! Or what about the EXTREMELY rare occasions when I wear it down? If I side eye it in the mirror after a nice flat iron that could be considered a length check in my mind. Lol! Oh so hard!! But I know I need this challenge....

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

I'm in! No LC until Jan. 2011. BTW, I am guilty of the incorrect LC as so gratiously pointed out in diagram 1a. And I am a secret 007 length checker during moisturizing and sealing. I quit! :sekret:

The diagrams are too funny!

I'm not doing a length check until January. I am doing pretty well and have not straightened since April.

:lachen: @ the diagrams!

I am in! I am ALWAYS pulling my hair seeing if it reaches the top of my chest...or looking at the back of my hair in the mirror after each wash. This must stop! I am 6 weeks post and stretching until December. That will be my next length check!

I AM SOO IN!!! Love the diagrams:lol: I've been asking for a length check pic from dh but we just haven't gotten around to it...so I'm going to hop on this challenge and try my BEST to not cheat:look:

:spank:Can u believe I cheated just that quick. I really need an intervention. OK, I'm back on track. No more LC until January.

i'm just here to encourage y'all. i don't length check too often since reaching BSL but almost without thinking i will do one on wash day so i know i'd cheat.

I have a feeling these will be used in a thread in which a poster's claims of reaching a length goal will be dashed. dreams will be crushed and mischievous merriment will ensue.
:lachen:

d03625e5-5a7c-0799.jpg

d03625e5-5a53-fd1f.jpg

:spank:Can u believe I cheated just that quick. I really need an intervention. OK, I'm back on track. No more LC until January.

LOL! How did it happen? You did not take pics at least right?

i'm just here to encourage y'all. i don't length check too often since reaching BSL but almost without thinking i will do one on wash day so i know i'd cheat.

I have a feeling these will be used in a thread in which a poster's claims of reaching a length goal will be dashed. dreams will be crushed and mischievous merriment will ensue.
:lachen:

Girl, lets pray...No mischievous merriment :lachen:We need to be strong.

No length check for me today! Feels good.

girl, YES! i am going overboard with this stuff. i need this challenge. i had promised myself i wouldnt over length check and what have i been doing? yup. yeah. soooo...gotta cut it back because i'm gonna make myself crazy and i'm gonna be all impatient and ****.

lol Count me in!

Length checks can get a lil' TOO obsessive around here.

I won't be doing any more length checks until December 31, 2011!

i'm in. This will give me motivation not to relax until december. After this challenge is over, will there be a follow up of sorts? I'd be curious to know how everyone fared.

This will be easy for me---Im in.. Since Im in a state of constant hair loss and Im getting a short cut or just an even cut in December since I took it into my own hands to cut off split-ends (lol) and now just left with some pieces still long some pieces short n choppy. So Im leaving it alone right now just DC'ing and moisturizing & sealing. I will take a pic of my hair in December after the cut but will NOT do a length check until November 2012. It won't be hard because I will be losing hair anyway so no point in doing a check.

i'm in. This will give me motivation not to relax until december. After this challenge is over, will there be a follow up of sorts? I'd be curious to know how everyone fared.

I think we ought to encourage ourselves by posting often...I forgot I was in this challenge as quickly as I signed up:look: I haven't cheated yet though...surely because my hair is up in a curly ponytail:grin:

Hi ladies!

Remember: A watched pot never boils fast enough!

How is it going? No length checking right?

Today I almost....during moisturizing and sealing it nearly happened...

Sounds good! :) I'm going to continue to do my braidouts and twistouts and such but no checking! Hmm, I currently have henna in my hair and as I was applying it I saw more of my length than usual anyways so that was a nice totally unrehearsed sneak peak! :D

im a little templed to stretch my hair because i have so much NG but imma just leave it alone!

I think this is the mother of all challenges....I can't even count the number of times I've nearly cheated..I guess I knew I had a problem:look:

LOL! How did it happen? You did not take pics at least right?

Girl, lets pray...No mischievous merriment :lachen:We need to be strong.

No length check for me today! Feels good.

No I didn't take pics, but I err um, flat ironed like an inch piece in the nape. I actually hid my flat iron from myself. lol. So no more, I'm on the road to recovery now.

Subscribing and will check in often to keep myself from backsliding. Then I will relax in January so that will be good motivation to stay the heck out of my head.

Back