No length check until the End of...

Is it too late I need to be in this
i keep telling myself I will not length check until my Birthday 12/30, but 2 days ago I broke out the tape measure and flat ironed a small section just to see. LOL

I need this intervention
thanks

Do we post current lengths? I have a length check pic from a month ago I will use that one. Taken Aug 1, 2011

Attachments

• August-1-11.jpg
    August-1-11.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
im a little templed to stretch my hair because i have so much NG but imma just leave it alone!

Be Strong! Think of how good it will feel to see all that growth after 12/31

I think this is the mother of all challenges....I can't even count the number of times I've nearly cheated..I guess I knew I had a problem:look:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:, you already did 1!

Subscribing and will check in often to keep myself from backsliding. Then I will relax in January so that will be good motivation to stay the heck out of my head.

Stay out, stay strong!

Is it too late I need to be in this
i keep telling myself I will not length check until my Birthday 12/30, but 2 days ago I broke out the tape measure and flat ironed a small section just to see. LOL

I need this intervention
thanks

Do we post current lengths? I have a length check pic from a month ago I will use that one. Taken Aug 1, 2011

Welcome & beautiful Hair!

I'll join....For my insanity I NEED to join!! Does this mean you can't wear your hair out?

As long as you do not measure/Stretch it AT ALL! your good!

Those diagrams are too funny!

So I am in!!!! The hair stretching is so ridiculous! I have to do a length check Saturday :look: but before and after I WILL NOT STRETCH MY HAIR until Dec 31st!!! I did unofficial length checks last night and this morning while styling my hair. :nono:

How is everyone doing??

No new length photos right? I mean these:

d03623ad-e0a3-f58a.jpg

Think of the reward of being able to see a great difference in hair length when these two months pass.

Stay strong, put down the tape measure.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Any updates Ladies?

As for me, I will be doing a black tea rinse and washing my hair tomorrow to combat this seasonal shedding. I will not length check myself while flat ironing...I will not...I pray!

Already bombed this challenge, getting my hair flat ironed on Thursday for some upcoming events. Can I have a do over?

I am very proud to say no cheating as I co washed today and I would ritually length check after applying my leave ins:yay:

I have a confession to make. While moisturizing and sealing my hair yesterday, I started pulling down random pieces of my hair to see where they fell on my body....and it felt good!
Haha.I think I need an intervention!

Any updates Ladies?

As for me, I will be doing a black tea rinse and washing my hair tomorrow to combat this seasonal shedding. I will not length check myself while flat ironing...I will not...I pray!

I know how hard it is not to turn your back to the mirror..while holding a hand held mirror in your hand to see the length of your hair after flat-ironing.
Stay strong and let us know how it goes!

i semi cheated. i wore my hair straight this week but my roots are so thick and my hair didnt straighten completely but i took some pics in order to watch my thickness.i also took it in my baggy work uniform so i couldnt really tell where it fell on my back....LOL does that count as a length check?

i'm in. This will give me motivation not to relax until december. After this challenge is over, will there be a follow up of sorts? I'd be curious to know how everyone fared.

Yes, feel free to chime in daily, or as anyone needs support! Great idea!

I am very proud to say no cheating as I co washed today and I would ritually length check after applying my leave ins:yay:

Congrats:grin::grin:

Ok after length checking like crazy this last weekend - count me in!

Welcome, I added your name! Goodluck!

I have a confession to make. While moisturizing and sealing my hair yesterday, I started pulling down random pieces of my hair to see where they fell on my body....and it felt good!
Haha.I think I need an intervention!

:lachen::lachen: :lachen::lachen: :lachen::lachen:...get back on track lol!

i semi cheated. i wore my hair straight this week but my roots are so thick and my hair didnt straighten completely but i took some pics in order to watch my thickness.i also took it in my baggy work uniform so i couldnt really tell where it fell on my back....LOL does that count as a length check?

Girl....semi? ok...:lachen::lachen: :lachen::lachen:

OP I hope you plan on continuing this challenge into the new year...it's very good for my hair mental health:yep:

Great thread :) I'd join, but I only length check every 6 months & I'm not due for another until February. I'll lurk & cheer you all on!!

Sent from my iPhone.

The silence in this thread lets me know you guys are doing something naughty!

I'm hanging in there. no length check so far.

How are we doing?

With all these length check threads.... :nono::nono: :nono::nono: :nono::nono:

I am still doing well, Napp, sorry your NG is so much especially after the TU.

How is everyone doing?

Anyone else care to join?:yep::yep:

I just cowashed, and had the burning urge to length check...but then I put it in a bun, wrapped it up with a scarf and went on my way!

Whew, this is hard! Hope with the regimen + vitamins, I'll have some good growth by December.

I can't believe that I've been good:yep: I was airdrying and my mom said " wow look, your hair is long" and I said "nope, I can't look, I'm in a no length check challenge":giggle:

Also, whenever I look in the mirror I look myself in the eye and giggle as I know I'm one step away from looking at my hair...BUT I have NOT cheated:yay:

I want to join too. I really want to stop doing length checks altogether. It's going to grow....length checks just make me impatient.

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

topnotch1010 they REALLY do add to the impatience...since joining this challenge I've been way better about my hair...no emotional ups and downs for random reasons:yep:

I want to join too. I really want to stop doing length checks altogether. It's going to grow....length checks just make me impatient.

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

Added your name! Welcome to the challenge. :grin:

@topnotch1010 they REALLY do add to the impatience...since joining this challenge I've been way better about my hair...no emotional ups and downs for random reasons:yep:

100% agree! Ever so often all I can think is " whew..I want to check so badly, but its not worth it.":nono:

I sorta kinda but didn't really cheat today:look:...it was hard:yep:...my hair is feeling longer and I REEEEAAALLLYYY wanted to check it out I didn't though.

Advice/Question: Between now and december I'll be self relaxing....am I really expected to NOT length check when I relax????????

i tried to length check and i dropped my handheld mirror before i could see my length! it must have been a sign! i need a new mirror though:ohwell:

Back