No length check until the End of...

I think you meant the other way.. Get to BSB and chop it to APL. But I agree. No shorter than APL. I've never been to BSB so I will have to see if I am willing to cut it even when I get there :lol: I rarely wear my hair out so I can live with uneven :yep:

Oopsie... yea the other way around:grin:! thats what im saying, even when i was relaxed my hair was constintly in a bun so i never saw my length. Shooo if i could garauntee my hair would stay healthy with the split ends that i am bound to get i would never cut again. But i know that is wrong:look: so ill trim at least once a year

I seem to be past the wanting to cheat phase...I am 12 weeks post so I know if I were to cheat I'd get very disappointed due to shrinkage. That disappointment would probably make me give up my plan to stretch to 15 weeks. I think I will do a length check at that time (end of november) and start again.

i failed again. i straightened my hair bone straight to see if my hair was progressing in thickness. it has but i am seeing breakage in some places too.(on a side note i'm claiming bsb now:grin:)

Congrats :yep:, are you back on the No cheating wagon with us?:look:

Congratulations on making BSB @Napp. Now baby those ends. :yep:

Thanks for Helping to keep the thread going !

Can I join!!!! Right now im collar bone length on the sides and just hitting my back in the back, my front pulls down to just below my eyebrow. I just did my final little chop of all the little relaxed ends that i missed when i was big chopping so my hair length is a bit uneven but hey, when i get to APL ill even it out i guess until then I will just have uneven hair and call it my personal style!!

I added your name to the Original post. Welcome & Good luck!

I seem to be past the wanting to cheat phase...I am 12 weeks post so I know if I were to cheat I'd get very disappointed due to shrinkage. That disappointment would probably make me give up my plan to stretch to 15 weeks. I think I will do a length check at that time (end of November) and start again.

Sounds like a plan...I am @ this point too. Just Imagining the noticeable difference that checking at the end of December will give us is great motivation, along with the shrinkage.

:hiya:How is everyone else doing?

Ugh, I've cheated so many times already. I trimmed my ends not too long ago so I hope that'll give me the edge I need to stop pulling on these strands.

I plan on keeping it curled for the end of the year. Hopefully i can stick to this challenege

I finished my twists and looked in the mirror. I was so tempted to pull one :lol: But I thought about it. It's only been 1 week so I'm not going to see that much difference. And it would be so nice to not stretch it and then do a length check in December and see that big difference :yep:

So I didn't pull it.

I originally resisted this challenge but it is turning into a lot of fun. :yay:

Good thinking!!

Can I join!!!! Right now im collar bone length on the sides and just hitting my back in the back, my front pulls down to just below my eyebrow. I just did my final little chop of all the little relaxed ends that i missed when i was big chopping so my hair length is a bit uneven but hey, when i get to APL ill even it out i guess until then I will just have uneven hair and call it my personal style!!

I can so relate. My hair is quite uneven, areas varying about three to five inches even =/

I'm planning to cut it when it's all the same length, all though I don't mind the 'layers' I have.

So far so good. I keep itching to check because I'm not sure if I'll make BSL this year. I probably won't due to shoddy hair practices in 2011, but I just might!

I've banned myself from flat ironing for 2012, only 4 passes allowed (3 trips and a wedding)

i'm going to have a brave but blond moment.

how can you know whether your vitamins/regime are working for you without checking progress length every couple of weeks?

i'm going to have a brave but blond moment.

how can you know whether your vitamins/regime are working for you without checking progress length every couple of weeks?

I'm on Nioxin and have been since April. Generally, I've noticed my hair growth rate had already increased, but due to irrational length checks it felt like my hair was not growing fast enough. I know they are working, and because I took pictures before the challenge and will take pics after the challenge I will see the progress. This is a challenge to help those of us who check too much, way beyond reason.

From MyTouch 4G...On which animated Gifs may not be seen:(

I need to redo my edges but I'm afraid I may pull the hair just to see where its at. So I'm trying to be conscious when redoing them.

I'm sick and just hanging around resting. So I'm cheating like mad. Watching tv and pulling my twists. So I will recommit on Monday cuz I'm not committed right now. Too much time on my hands.

I'm sick and just hanging around resting. So I'm cheating like mad. Watching tv and pulling my twists. So I will recommit on Monday cuz I'm not committed right now. Too much time on my hands.

How are you doing? DID you stop?

I've been good....trucking along to Dec 31!

I'M IN! I am so obsessed with checking when I wash/DC. In the shower I actually poke my head out to look in the mirror! You know that old saying: "a watched pot never boils"? Well, it's true! Thanks for starting this challenge. I will post a starting pic later (I took a pic this past weekend) I won't be doing a length check 'til January 1st!...I HOPE! :)

confession time...last night...i did IT....i stretched a section in the back and then i kept stretching it because i was excited about what i saw...i feel bad, but kinda good at the same time...yiiikes. buuuut im gonna be on my best behavior for the rest of the time. ((hangs head))

This thread has been quiet for a minute. So let's get a little life here and recommit..

Yes I've been checking but not a lot :look: I don't know why I check though. I NEVER think I see any difference. :lol:

I will be glad when December comes and I can take a new length check pic. I think that will settle me down for a while.

@faithVA you read my mind! Thank for bumping! Get back on the wagon!:blush:

Checking in-I am doing good! I texlaxed yesterday and I am more in love with the way my hair feels rather than the length, so although I thought of checking, I didn't...not even in the bangs area.

How is everyone else doing?

@JustGROWwithIt added you! Welcome:grin:

@youwillrise added the :blush:, welcome back!

I did a touch up last week...length checked and took pics....I'm happy as punch despite being underprocessed. I'm back to no length checking until my next touch up:yep:

itching to relax next month. it will be the end of my 4 month stretch and hopefully a nice length check.

OT-ladykpnyc where is that siggy scene from? fresh prince of bel air? its so familiar yet so elusive. that woman in white- her figure is on point!

im going to recommit i have been so bad and not seeing any progress so sad as well...lol
but im back in this no checks till dec 31

Checking in.... I did do my end of the year length check early but have put my hair in cornrows so I haven't been able to do any other checks since. I think I will be good as long as I keep my hair braided.

I'm doing good so far. But it's been hard! I want to check soo bad even thought I know I won't see a difference. But I'm still trucking along

Well I took down my twist a couple of days ago and did a length check...was happy with my length so I checked again, then check again :look: But I am putting my twist back in and that will keep me from length checking. :yep:

Ok I cheated today. And of course I saw no difference so I wasted a "cheat" lol. But I am back on track. No more length checks 'til Jan 1st for me!

Back