No length check until the End of...

Ugh...this challenge is really something! I've cheated on three separate occasions. I just trimmed my hair so I hope that prevents me from doing any length checks until I get a flat iron in a couple months.

Sent from my SCH-R910 using SCH-R910

HI!!! :hiya: How are we doing?

No cheating for me so far, but :blush: next to those who have! I'm doing my hair for a wedding tomorrow..but the urge to cheat is not strong.

You?:grin:

I have resisted joining this challenge but I really need to so here I am. Over the weekend I was pulling and stretching. Not sure why. I can never tell anything. I definitely want to let this go for a while.

I will do this as far into December as I can. But may need to stop before the 31st to take my length check pictures for my other challenges.

My hair is in a bun so that keeps me from pulling on my hair. :yep:

I have changed my position and will officially do a length check in Feb 2012 when I do my 6 month flat iron. Until then no flat ironing. Last flat iron length check was August 4 2011. I need to go hard to obtain BSL in 2012. So for now I am wiggin it.

@Softerlove how was that wedding - did you cheat?????????

Nix08, I was Good. No cheating, maybe because I was 1.5 hours late and couldn't indulge my inner length check cheater:look:

Although while I was sitting at the wedding I could feel my hair on my back and all I wanted to do was touch it.:lachen:

How are you doing?

In fact, how is everyone doing?? This thread is absolutely too quiet...

@Nix08, I was Good. No cheating, maybe because I was 1.5 hours late and couldn't indulge my inner length check cheater:look:

Although while I was sitting at the wedding I could feel my hair on my back and all I wanted to do was touch it.:lachen:

How are you doing?

In fact, how is everyone doing?? This thread is absolutely too quiet...

I probably need to check in at least every other day to keep myself accountable. I keep putting my hand up to rub the hairs at my nape.

The only way I won't cheat is to keep my twists pinned up. Its funny though I rarely do a length check when I wear a twist out cuz I don't want to mess up my do :lol:

I probably need to check in at least every other day to keep myself accountable. I keep putting my hand up to rub the hairs at my nape.

The only way I won't cheat is to keep my twists pinned up. Its funny though I rarely do a length check when I wear a twist out cuz I don't want to mess up my do :lol:

Is that classed as cheating? :lol:

Because if it is I already cheated in this challenge then!
:lachen:

I will admit that I'm trying to develop new markers:nono: I'm not looking at where my hair lays on my back..that's an obvious cheat BUT I look down when in the shower to see where it falls and get excited:look: I don't really consider that a cheat though because really I am only concerned with where it lays on my back which I've completely resisted:yep:

That's dangerously close :lachen::lachen:

Is that classed as cheating? :lol:

Because if it is I already cheated in this challenge then!
:lachen:

LOL! Really??!!:lachen::lachen:

I will admit that I'm trying to develop new markers:nono: I'm not looking at where my hair lays on my back..that's an obvious cheat BUT I look down when in the shower to see where it falls and get excited:look: I don't really consider that a cheat though because really I am only concerned with where it lays on my back which I've completely resisted:yep:

No new markers...resist the urge :yep::yep:

I think we are good @KumakoXsd. I don't pull the nape I just reach it. So its a precursor to cheating :lol: :yep:

A Prelude to a Cheat? Really?! :lachen:

58 days and counting. I can make it. I can make it. I can make it. :lol:

58?! I cannot go thirty days. :lol:

I think it's because I'm still in the experimental stages of my hair journey so I want to see what is working and what's not. But have to resist.

You'll make it! You will!

I'm pulling on my twists but I'm not length checking. I swear! :lol: Just have HIH

Really? Really? :lachen:

I mini cheated....hear me out...So I was just minding my own business when before I knew it I was in the bathroom, camera in hand taking a photo...all because I felt my hair almost touching my bra strap and I thought I was going crazy so I wanted photographic proof....:nono::nono::nono:....I will insert :blush: next to my name...I was a bad girl...But now I'm ready to complete this challenge with no more cheating...Promise! :yep::yep:

Did you start this challenge? Lol Do as I say not as I do?? Shame shame! Rofl

*runs off to find hand mirror and accidentally....*

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I mini cheated....hear me out...So I was just minding my own business when before I knew it I was in the bathroom, camera in hand taking a photo...all because I felt my hair almost touching my bra strap and I thought I was going crazy so I wanted photographic proof....:nono::nono::nono:....I will insert :blush: next to my name...I was a bad girl...But now I'm ready to complete this challenge with no more cheating...Promise! :yep::yep:

Oh no! But yes, keep to your word! Let the length check be a belated Christmas present.

My yarn braids are a lot more loose now. I'm very tempted to measure how much growth I got but I... will just touch it without measuring for now.

Did you start this challenge? Lol Do as I say not as I do?? Shame shame! Rofl

*runs off to find hand mirror and accidentally....*

I thought it would be best to be honest, rather than lie....I feel like a mega hypocrite, but I am back on track...And yes, I started the challenge.

Please don't cheat, like I did..:nono:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Oh no! But yes, keep to your word! Let the length check be a belated Christmas present.

My yarn braids are a lot more loose now. I'm very tempted to measure how much growth I got but I... will just touch it without measuring for now.

Thank you! I am back on track!

I will cross my finger for all of us to pull through!

:look: Ok... :lol:

I finished my twists and looked in the mirror. I was so tempted to pull one :lol: But I thought about it. It's only been 1 week so I'm not going to see that much difference. And it would be so nice to not stretch it and then do a length check in December and see that big difference :yep:

So I didn't pull it.

I originally resisted this challenge but it is turning into a lot of fun. :yay:

i failed again. i straightened my hair bone straight to see if my hair was progressing in thickness. it has but i am seeing breakage in some places too.(on a side note i'm claiming bsb now:grin:)

i failed again. i straightened my hair bone straight to see if my hair was progressing in thickness. it has but i am seeing breakage in some places too.(on a side note i'm claiming bsb now:grin:)

Congratulations on making BSB Napp. Now baby those ends. :yep:

Can I join!!!! Right now im collar bone length on the sides and just hitting my back in the back, my front pulls down to just below my eyebrow. I just did my final little chop of all the little relaxed ends that i missed when i was big chopping so my hair length is a bit uneven but hey, when i get to APL ill even it out i guess until then I will just have uneven hair and call it my personal style!!

Can I join!!!! Right now im collar bone length on the sides and just hitting my back in the back, my front pulls down to just below my eyebrow. I just did my final little chop of all the little relaxed ends that i missed when i was big chopping so my hair length is a bit uneven but hey, when i get to APL ill even it out i guess until then I will just have uneven hair and call it my personal style!!

Welcome indarican.

I hear you on the uneven ends. I just plan to wait until it hits a certain length and then get a blunt cut. Don't know when that will be though.

Welcome @indarican.

I hear you on the uneven ends. I just plan to wait until it hits a certain length and then get a blunt cut. Don't know when that will be though.

faithVA Im hoping that by the time i get to APL, i could chop it up to BSB and it could be mostly even, no way im going back to SL though... I was there for 17 years, so once i pass it, I refuse to go back!!!

@faithVA Im hoping that by the time i get to APL, i could chop it up to BSB and it could be mostly even, no way im going back to SL though... I was there for 17 years, so once i pass it, I refuse to go back!!!

I think you meant the other way.. Get to BSB and chop it to APL. But I agree. No shorter than APL. I've never been to BSB so I will have to see if I am willing to cut it even when I get there :lol: I rarely wear my hair out so I can live with uneven :yep:

Back