No affection, love or romance

TRINITY05

Ladies:

I think I enjoyed being single more than married.
Most of the time I feel there is no affection or love. I think maybe I have made myself available too much and need to find things to do to keep me busy. Sometimes I feel like I want to be with someone else.

Dang :'(. Have you set him down foe a heart to heart to express this? If not you guys need to set some time aside to do this asap, imo

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

What does a relationship without romance really look like? How did marriage come up without romance?

I'm sorry to hear this. I am by no means an expert, as a matter of fact, I'm single, so take my advice with a grain of salt. Have you tried to initiate the romance/affection? "They" say give what you want (that's the short version). If talking doesn't work, how about showing him what you want?

I am dating this guy that doesnt express himself alot. We have been dating for 14mths now. He hasnt called me his girlfriend, he doesnt say he is my boyfriend, he doesnt say we are dating. Ugh, (in other situations:blush:) he is just one note, so predictable. He doesnt like to kiss, cuddle, or touch. Didnt mean to hi jack your thread. But I am wondering if this is normal, because I know that he is a quiet child-like type of person.

OP, how long did you know this man before you married him? And why did you marry him? What qualities did he possess that attracted you to him, and made marrying him desirable to you? I'm just curious.

So this guy didn't romance you before marriage and you somehow expected him to start after? Not to sound harsh but that was poor decisionmaking on your part.

Ladies:

I think I enjoyed being single more than married.
Most of the time I feel there is no affection or love. I think maybe I have made myself available too much and need to find things to do to keep me busy. Sometimes I feel like I want to be with someone else.

Do you have children with this man and is divorce an option?

I am dating this guy that doesnt express himself alot. We have been dating for 14mths now. He hasnt called me his girlfriend, he doesnt say he is my boyfriend, he doesnt say we are dating. Ugh, (in other situations:blush:) he is just one note, so predictable. He doesnt like to kiss, cuddle, or touch. Didnt mean to hi jack your thread. But I am wondering if this is normal, because I know that he is a quiet child-like type of person.

Umm sweeting if the other person doesnt acknowledge the relationship than there is none. Sounds like yall are just friends, and not good ones at that because he hasnt told you this already...

Yes, I have tried treating him the way I would like to be treated but it doesn't work.
I think what may work is if I find some activities away from home without him, things may change.

Yes, I know what you are going through....but at least you are not married to this guy.

Whatever the reason, he's not the man for you. He's not going to change no matter what you do. He is being who he is. You may find some distractions for a while, but life without affection, love or romance will dry you up like a flower without water.

If I were in your shoes, I would divorce and find someone who will give me what I want and NEED.

20 yrs, I married him because I love him. He was Nice, humble and affectionate. He encouraged me to further my education and stood by me every step of the way.

I generally feel like a guy isnt gonna do something to keep you that he didnt do to get you so if it were me I would feel like you might have to buckle down and demand what you want or consider finding love elsewhere....

20 yrs, I married him because I love him. He was Nice, humble and affectionate. He encouraged me to further my education and stood by me every step of the way.

Do you think it could be another woman (or man) in his life? I'm not trying to be funny either. Why do you think he married you? Was it for love as well? Have you asked him?

What about some counseling? It sounds like he might be a little defensive. Maybe an unaffiliated third party might help provide some balance...

Back