NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

I see everyone talking about washing their sulfur out.... Is this mandoratory? Will my hair fall out if I only wash my hair every two weeks? I used tropical isle jbco with lavender so I don't mind the smell the reason I ask because I'm wearing sengalese twist as a ps soi don't want my twist to get frizzy

Last edited:
Mznelly said:
I see everyone talking about washing their sulfur out.... Is this mandoratory? Will my hair fall out if I only wash my hair every two weeks? I used tropical isle jbco with lavender so I don't mind the smell the reason I ask because I'm wearing sengalese twist as a ps soi don't want my twist to get frizzy

I washed mine out after 3 days of applying and I wanted to wash once per week but decided every 3 days since its supposed to be drying to the hair plus I'm still in braids lol

HairPleezeGrow said:
I washed mine out after 3 days of applying and I wanted to wash once per week but decided every 3 days since its supposed to be drying to the hair plus I'm still in braids lol

I use scurl to combat any drying

Mznelly said:

I still plan on washing my hair every 2 weeks. I'm wearing my hair straight right now since it's getting a little cooler so I don't want to abuse the heat. To prevent my hair from getting dry I just keep my hair moisturized. And just like you, my mix doesn't really have a huge sulfur smell.

I wash weekly and apply daily. I've had no problems.

I have highblood pressure is there another alternative to sulfur....

The ladies above offered good ideas. If you are taking medication for the high blood pressure I would be careful about using certain essential oils such as rosemary as it could cause the medicine not to work as well.

I worked up a sweat last night and afterwards, my scalp itched something terrible (in a good way of course!), I'm pretty much in love with the sulfur mix.

I am a newbie but I want to join.

I will be doing 6 months because I will be a year natural since my second big chop in February.

My mix is very easy:
1/2 tsp of sulfur
2 oz of regular castor oil/JBCO mix
Tea tree oil - anti-fungal
Licorice extract - reduce dandruff and hair loss
Hyssop extract - promotes relaxation ( I luv this stuff)

Attachments

• DSCN0424.JPG
    DSCN0424.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 21
I'm really impressed with this mix. I took out one of my cornrows and my hair is still soft and my ng is really soft. The ultimate test will be my wash day this weekend. I'm currently 10 weeks post and I'm thinking I can make it my goal of 16 weeks using this mix.

I applied tonight and topped with a plastic cap. I added more peppermint but I think I may add a touch more. I love it for fragrance.

Looks like we have some good results for us relaxed heads. Looking forward to seeing how my newgrowth will be affected when I am 8 weeks post. futureapl and BadMamaJama keep us posted on your results as you near touch up time. I am about to do a GHE mixture using my sulphur oil for a few hours. I have a bridal shower this evening so I'll rinse, wash and then do a rollerset.

KaramelDiva1978 I sure will keep you posted. I washed my hair and put my cornrows back in this am. I'll be okay with relaxing next week at 12 weeks, but I might stretch longer. This is the longest I've ever stretched. If it wasn't for this mix I sure would've relaxed at 10 weeks.

@BadMamaJama - I have a change in direction which necessitates a revision to the recipe (Njoy's) I had planned to use for the challenge. I ordered some ayurvedic oils and would like to use those. My revised recipe is below. Items in parenthesis are the ingredients I am changing and the items in red are the new measurements/ingredients/ May I still participate in the challenge?

1 heaping tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
4 oz (Organic Jojoba Oil) Bhringraj Oil
(2) 1 oz Jamaican Black Castor Oil
1 oz Brahmi Oil
(2) 1 oz (Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)) Amla Oil
1 oz Sesame Oil
(4-5) 2 drops Rosemary Oil
(4-5) 2 drops Peppermint
5 drops neem oil

checking in. i changed my combo also:
1 tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
2 oz Jojoba Oil
3 oz Castor Oil
2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil(EVOO)
4-5 drops Rosemary Oil
4-5 drops Peppermint

Hiiiii, everyone!

I feel so bad: I haven't started yet! I knew September would be a tough month for me and that I couldn't do massages every day, but I didn't know it would be this bad! I actually moved recently and I can't find my sulphur!! :pullhair: (I also don't have Internet yet but that's a separate thing entirely :look:). So I'm sorry I'm late to the challenge. I'll do some more unpacking today and tomorrow to see if I can find it!!!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone

I enjoyed my Wen cleansing and my lush rollerset so I didn't apply any sulphur oil last night, but I will tonite when I can tie it down with satin bonnet. I can't wait to see my results when I relax in the next 5-6 weeks. We are on the grow ladies, let's keep it moving!

I am not a closet chemist, so I have no idea what caused it. But I was using the moe's growth oil with added sulfur and it was just fine. The second time I made a batch I added coconut oil to it and it stunk to high heaven!

I'm going to attest to this! Even though I didn't use coconut oil in my mixture, I moisturized and sealed with it the night before I used my concoction. It wasn't bad at first, but phew... :blush:

Now I'm sealing with EVOO and there's no problems here! I'm really curious as to what it is in coconut oil that makes sulfur step up it's smell game :lachen:

Yayyyy! I found my sulphur last night! I made the mix and did my first application and massage. My scalp felt a little sore in some places while I was sleeping, but I'm not too bothered by that now. It wasn't painful. I'm using NJoy's mix. I'll try to get a photo up soon!

Sent from my iPhone

Back