NJOY'S HAIR CONCOTION CHALLENGE

^I was planning to get under the steamer or dryer with my mixture this weekend but could not find time. Maybe, I will be able to heat penetrate this weekend.

I just baggy for a couple of hours. I put my mixture on my scalp and grapeseed oil on my braids, and put my hat over the baggy. When I take it off, my hair feels super soft and the sulfur mix is soaked in.

I oiled last night then wrapped with a silk scarf for bed. I hope in my race for growth my husband doesn't leave me for being hair stinky. Lol.

I'm officially joining this challenge today! I already had all the ingredients so I said what the heck, my hair can use a growth spurt after that last trim.

Which challenge are you in, 4 or 6 month?
I'm in for 4 months.

Which will be in your mixture?
NJOY's mix with a slight twist...

If different, show your recipe.
1 heaping tsp Sublimed Sulfur Powder
4 oz JBCO
2 oz EVOO
2 oz Safflower Oil
5 Drops Eucalyptus EO
5 Drops Peppermint EO

Starting pic:

If relaxed, how many weeks post?
4wks 5d post relaxer.

I just applied my mixture, massaged and now i'm whole head baggying for a few hours. I'll be doing a same day wash because I can't have my linen smelling like sulfur or myself for that matter.

Good luck to us all :cup:.

Last edited:
So far, my method seems to be working out well. Nite-time baggy with my sulfur mix on Monday nite, and Tuesday nite. Wednesday morning after workout, do a cowash. Then nite-time baggy on Thursday nite and Friday nite. Saturday morning, my regular wash/DC regimen. I'm applying and baggying for a total of 4times per week. And just bunning my way to BSL.

Also, I find that when I overnite baggy with the oil mix, there's less "aroma" the next day.....like its all really been absorbed into the scalp. Thats definitely a good thing. When I just apply and don't baggy, its like the oil is still sitting on the surface, and I can smell sulfur all day. Baggying works like a charm for me.

Interested in what some of you others are doing with yours....:yep:

Applied the oil early this morning, washed it out about an hour ago. I can't do GHE or overnight. My hair doesn't like it. :( breakage city

So far, my method seems to be working out well. Nite-time baggy with my sulfur mix on Monday nite, and Tuesday nite. Wednesday morning after workout, do a cowash. Then nite-time baggy on Thursday nite and Friday nite. Saturday morning, my regular wash/DC regimen. I'm applying and baggying for a total of 4times per week. And just bunning my way to BSL.

Also, I find that when I overnite baggy with the oil mix, there's less "aroma" the next day.....like its all really been absorbed into the scalp. Thats definitely a good thing. When I just apply and don't baggy, its like the oil is still sitting on the surface, and I can smell sulfur all day. Baggying works like a charm for me.

Interested in what some of you others are doing with yours....:yep:

ITA Baggying really works for me. I like to do it way before I go to bed so that way it's totally soaked in.

MrsMelodyV said:
I oiled last night then wrapped with a silk scarf for bed. I hope in my race for growth my husband doesn't leave me for being hair stinky. Lol.

This is why I apply in the afternoon and wash at night. I would hate it if DH came to bed smelling like anything other than pleasant.

My SO hasn't said anything about my hair smelling different at night, but I try to apply the mix to my hair hours before bedtime.

I just applied my mix.
Planning on applying again on Thursday.
Will be Tues-Thurs and then cowashing on Friday.

Just getting around to cowashing my hair after applying mix a couple nights ago. I twisted my knee pretty bad and couldn't do it yesterday. Will be reapplying tonight.

NJoy said:
Just getting around to cowashing my hair after applying mix a couple nights ago. I twisted my knee pretty bad and couldn't do it yesterday. Will be reapplying tonight.

Awe hope your knee gets better!

I applied my mix this morning and massaged it in. I plan to apply a really moisturizing pre-poo tonight before bed and then cowash in the morning with Aussie cleanse and mend conditioner.

NJoy, I hope your knee feels better. Try to rest, no matter how hard it is!

And as for my hair, my hubby lovingly refers to it as a bag of eggs. He is so mean! But when I told him I'd stop, he said no real quick. This is science for him now. He's curious if this will actually work. So he's helped me measure and everything. He just also jabs. I like him. I think I'll keep him.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
Day 4! I just applied my mix, did a quick massage and now my scalp feels awesome! I think my hair is growing faster already :grin:

Awe hope your knee gets better!

@NJoy, I hope your knee feels better. Try to rest, no matter how hard it is!

And as for my hair, my hubby lovingly refers to it as a bag of eggs. He is so mean! But when I told him I'd stop, he said no real quick. This is science for him now. He's curious if this will actually work. So he's helped me measure and everything. He just also jabs. I like him. I think I'll keep him.

Thanks, ladies. I don't even know how I ended up twisting it so bad but, I'm in a knee brace and can, at least, put weight on it now. I'm a'ight. :yep:

Yay! I finally received my sulfur. I mixed it and I am about to apply it to my scalp. I did change up the recipe a little instead of 4oz of a jojoba oil I did 2oz of jojoba oil and 2oz of Talijah waajid healing oil since it has a nice scent to it. About to get my grow on!

I just washed my hair this morning and it's already sweaty ick. I could've used the oil tonight and washed again tomorrow, crap.

Shampooed last night will try the baggy method tonite. Told SO I was going to wash my hair he said it is smelling a little rank. Lol! I said its sulphur and rosemary oil for longer hair he said I hope it works. So yeah hope the baggying seeps its in tonite. Lol!!

Last edited:
I cowashed last night and won't apply my concoction again until Thursday. When cw'ing the mix out, I first thought my hair felt icky because all the oil wasn't washing out but now that it's dry my hair feels really good. I plan to apply 2-3 days a week; applying in the morning and washing before bed.

I have highblood pressure is there another alternative to sulfur....

Maybe you could use a bunch of essential oils with no sulfur and a carrier oil? It's not exactly the same but some of the eo's stimulate your scalp and are said to promote growth.
Or you could do the mn challenge.

I've been applying my sulfur nightly, followed by a 1 minute scalp massage. I co-wash it out on Monday night and shampoo/DC it out on Thursday nights, so far so good.

I have highblood pressure is there another alternative to sulfur....

Perhaps you could use MSM powder. It is a safe, natural alternative to sulfur and it works just as well. I purchased mine from The Vitamin Shoppe.

I have to sit this one out. I just have too much going on right now, but I will cheer you ladies on from the sidelines. Happy Growing to each of you.

I finally applied my mix last night. I also use the baggy method. I cowashed this am after my run but I'm rethinking that due to how long it's taking my cornrows to dry.

Back