Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

24inch a year..Imagine that

Happy Hair Growing!

That WOULD be crazy!
I was thinking it would just give you a one- or two-time 2" spurt when you first start taking it, and then sort of just go down to maybe a little bit higher than your normal rate, like maybe .75" instead of .5". And then maybe you'd get another huge spurt when you up your dose and then again, would level off to a slightly higher growth rate.
2" every month would be bananas!
I can only imagine...

That WOULD be crazy!
I was thinking it would just give you a one- or two-time 2" spurt when you first start taking it, and then sort of just go down to maybe a little bit higher than your normal rate, like maybe .75" instead of .5". And then maybe you'd get another huge spurt when you up your dose and then again, would level off to a slightly higher growth rate.
I can only imagine...

davisbr88 I think people would get a good growth spurt/taper off later.....Good Luck to all...
I'm watching from this side lines...Nioxin makes good products....

Happy Hair Growing!

thats mind boggling...like if i started today i could make WL by the end of the year :lick:

makes me wanna order it RIGHT NOW lol with amazon prime i could get it tomorrow lol

iri9109 If you do/Take before & after You have beautiful hair/Curly WL AWESOME...

Good Luck!

Happy Hair Growing!

That WOULD be crazy!
I can only imagine...

2'' EVERY month seems kinda unrealistic lol i still cant imagine that...i dont wanna get dependent on it so that its not effective in its usual dosage like people who drink 2 much coffee...like if you're already doubling it, i think after like 6 months that double dose might not give you 2 inches anymore so you would have to take more for the same results...its still worth a shot though.

2'' EVERY month seems kinda unrealistic lol i still cant imagine that...i dont wanna get dependent on it so that its not effective in its usual dosage like people who drink 2 much coffee...like if you're already doubling it, i think after like 6 months that double dose might not give you 2 inches anymore so you would have to take more for the same results...its still worth a shot though.

Yeah, ITA. I definitely am not expecting 2" every month but the very thought of it is crazy!
And yeah, IA with the dosage, too. I was referring to the post in which the doctor had the PP's friend go from 2 a day to 3 a day after a certain period of time, so I imagine she would receive another growth spurt then. I don't plan to take more than 2 a day, though. I'm going to do the regular daily dose for 1 month to see how it works and if it works well, I'll continue taking one a day for a second month, and then up it to 2 a day for another 2 months. I am doing a 4-month trial to start with for now.

iri9109 I say go for it/After 6months/Take 1 a day/Switch back..

*I take a regular multi/liq cal/c powder/omaga 3/msm powder../after 6months I switch my dose/Stop for 3/Switch back/Doctor approved....

*I drink my antioxidants every day..2xs Acai berry in the morning..Green veggie at night..

*Keep us posted...

Happy Hair Growing!

Yeah, ITA. I definitely am not expecting 2" every month but the very thought of it is crazy!
And yeah, IA with the dosage, too. I was referring to the post in which the doctor had the PP's friend go from 2 a day to 3 a day after a certain period of time, so I imagine she would receive another growth spurt then. I don't plan to take more than 2 a day, though. I'm going to do the regular daily dose for 1 month to see how it works and if it works well, I'll continue taking one a day for a second month, and then up it to 2 a day for another 2 months. I am doing a 4-month trial to start with for now.

davisbr88 Thats a good plan...Keep us posted!

Happy Hair Growing!

Guilty as charged! I took Nioxin for over a year and I took 2 pills a day. Femme is right about overdosing on Vitamin A. Before I started taking Nioxin I researched the recommended dosage for Vitamin A and made sure that my double dosage of Nioxin plus my multiple vitamins wouldn't create a problem for me.

I definitely think Nioxin gave me good growth, even my friends were amazed how fast and healthy my hair was growing out. At least two of them started using Nioxin because of my results and they also got good results. I stopped using Nioxin about 2 months ago only because I got a good deal of Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails. But I still think Nioxin is a great product.

As far as noticing results, I saw quicker results with nails but I honestly didn't notice any thing major with my hair until I finished my first bottle. My hair was growing out faster and thicker.

I started doubling up on my Nioxin pills because of a thread on here about faster results when you double up on Nioxin. A couple of us tried it and got great results, and I know some ladies on here still double up so maybe they'll come in here and answer your questions. I'll do a search for the thread that started it all ... I'll come back and post if I find it.
\
Are you saying you prefer Lessman vitamins over Nioxin? I'm presently taking Rejuvacare H, S & N's, screwed my hair chemically and want to push out growth a lot faster to cut it.

Ok Ladies!!! I just ordered my Nioxin last night!!! I'm excited about what the future holds with these vitamins!

^^^^To Thicknlong, those Viviscal you are taking ain't no joke. Do you think you could have results from those - did you use those before taking nioxin? I've used them and they are the bomb.com. I have two months worth that I may start taking again b4 starting Nioxin.
They are $$, though.

I do think they are part of the reason Im getting such good results!!.. But they are pricey, Im going to just keep taking the nioxin to see if I can get just as good results from those. I must admit though my hair had grown out alot in the back from taking these pills!! I may buy another box of nioxin next month and double up. Im going to try and measure my growth when I straighten in two weeks.

i bought a bottle of these off amazon the other day and should be receiving them friday. gonna take two a day and ill take before/after pics and post in a month. i think my hair grows between 0.5-1in a month now so we'll see:rolleyes:

i had to rationalize getting these...so i subbed to a free 30 day trial of netflix via swagbucks to get 1000 swag bucks which = 2 $5 amazon cards...and i already have 440 swag bucks...so i can get the nioxin for $10...

lol iri9109

Is swag bucks really worth it?? I signed up a week or so ago
i think so...i never went hard trying to collect them, but i heard of ppl accumulating thousands of swag bucks...i think they start you off with like 200 SBs, i won 50 SBs a couple times, and random ones here and there, but i rarely use it to search, or take quizzes or surveys to earn bucks...with the netflix trial if i cancel by the end of the month i dont have to pay anything and that was 1000 swag bucks aka $10 free dollars in amazon gift cards.

Hi Ladies!:wave:

This is my first post ever, but Ive been a faithful reader/lurker for quite some time! :yep: I read this whole entire post and it convinced me! So I jumped on the Nioxin bandwagon and ordered fm Amazon on March 28th for 24.51 a bottle 90count. I bought two for 49.02. I then signed up for the free trial of Amazon Prime membership to get the free 2day shipping. I got my package today! After some consideration Ive decided to take 2 a day. Im a new natural with close to shoulder length 3C ish hair. I still flat iron my hair though and when I do Ill take my "start" pics to keep track of any progress.
Let the growing begin! :yay:

Can't wait to see everyones results!! I will take down my weave this weekend. So I'll have an update of 2 months of using the nioxin. 1 month 1 pill per day, and the 2nd month 2 pills per day. Hopefully I will have a happy update!

@omnipadme Kefir Milk,is AWESOME I drink it with my daily vitamins & it really helps with absorption..

*I drink Kefir Coconut milk & blend it with berries...

Happy Hair Growing!

Hi Lita, are you taking any supplements? If so what kind? Your hair is gorgeous. I would like to know what ladies with long luscious hair like yours are taking and doing. And perhaps that's what I should be doing instead of looking for miracle hair growth. We can order these vitamins but a year from now we will be on another bandwagon that claims 2 inches a month. And we will be out of money and no closer to our goals. To be honest with the economy the way it is, I may be able to afford to buy these expensive vitamins now, a few months from now I may not be able to sustain the use of this product any longer so why bother?

It's cheaper to live and eat healthy with a high dose of exercise and water. Just my opinion. :spinning: I also buy Kefir, I prefer the Peach with Inulin (fiber).

1L a day? That's not even 5 cups.
Or were you saying increase water by a liter a day?
I already drink around 10-12 cups, but I don't think I want to double that to 20-24. I think I'll stick with 12 even when I start the vitamins. I know extreme circumstances cause water poisoning, but I don't think I want to risk it. 24 cups a day seems like way too much, even for a water lover like myself.

You're good with water intake most people aren't maybe they take 3 max at 6 cups a day and count sodas and coffee as hydration thats why I suggested doubling that but if someone already has good hydration then they don't need to up the intake

You're good with water intake most people aren't maybe they take 3 max at 6 cups a day and count sodas and coffee as hydration thats why I suggested doubling that but if someone already has good hydration then they don't need to up the intake

Oh, ok. Good. Lol. My organs would be swimming in 24 cups!
:lachen:

Why am I up at 4:45 am????? It doesn't even matter, but guess what? My Nioxin has already shipped!!!!!!!!! :bouncy: Can't wait!!!

davisbr88...The crazy thing is I'm a full time Ph.D student and I have a full-time job as a school counselor...My kids (equal students not MY kids :lol:) are already on Spring Break, but I have to go into work for a couple of hours...prolly won't get there till 10 though! Ugh!!!

Hi Lita, are you taking any supplements? If so what kind? Your hair is gorgeous. I would like to know what ladies with long luscious hair like yours are taking and doing. And perhaps that's what I should be doing instead of looking for miracle hair growth. We can order these vitamins but a year from now we will be on another bandwagon that claims 2 inches a month. And we will be out of money and no closer to our goals. To be honest with the economy the way it is, I may be able to afford to buy these expensive vitamins now, a few months from now I may not be able to sustain the use of this product any longer so why bother?

It's cheaper to live and eat healthy with a high dose of exercise and water. Just my opinion. :spinning: I also buy Kefir, I prefer the Peach with Inulin (fiber).

CurlyMoo The vitamins wont hurt..Never know till you try..I take a regular multi,borage oil 1300 mg,liq cal that contains silica, drink veggie & fruit smoothies,powder msm,powder vit c..Power walk 3-4xs a week..Trying to stay as healthy as I can....Drink PLENTY WATER...Stick with products that work..baby my ends/while I continue to remove splits...lol I do use Nioxin #8 con 3min/on my scalp only/I use the leave-in too sometimes..

*I take Magnesium cap 500mg for my muscles..1x a day..

*I may incorporate the Nioxin Vitamins later on/When I switch up vit routine..Watching thread for Now!

Happy Hair Growing!

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Back