Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Ok, adding my two cents... I purchased some of these before even viewing this thread.

TRU STORY:

I was at the grocery store earlier this month and ran into a friend of mine that went natural last year. Her hair was so long, thick and healthy. She bc around the beginning of last year cause I saw her in Feb. 2010 and her hair was very short. Anywho, when I saw her, her hair was mid back and full. I asked her how did she grow her hair so damm fast?? She told me about nioxin and how she took two a day for the 1st six months, and then 3 a day for the next six. She said that a girlfriend of hers lost her hair from breast cancer and the doctor recommended them. He told her to take them in that dosage schedule so the body wouldn't develop a tolerance for them. The doctor also told her to take them for a year to experience more permanent and long lasting results. I was like, shut the funk up!!! OMG! So I order six bottles to start off and I just received them in the mail. I knew her hair could not grow that long by itself. She never had long hair ever in her life and it was absolutely gorge!

I will try to post picture updates and everything, but sheesh....sometimes, you don't need pictures to know a good thing when you hear it. Also, the doctor says that it is important to take them EVERYDAY to ensure that the nutrients are always in your body for the vitamins to work properly. This is not something that will work with occasional usage. Also, she told me after continuous daily usage, she saw immediate results of more thickness and about an inch and a half new growth after about three weeks. She said in four months, she went from above EL to shoulder length. Now, explain that?? I have four months to spare, do you?? I hope this helps. I will be growing my hair down to the floor!!! Yippie :)
Was she also using Nioxin products or did she only take the pills?

Well.....I finally went to the doctor for a check this week...told her I was taking the nioxin etc..etc.... she said that was good !!!! Plus all of my LAB WORK came back ok!! ( all of my levels were NORMAL !!!!!!) SO...ME GONNA KEEP ON TAKIN 2 A-DAY MON !!!!

I think its a great product. I started using it again in about October. From Oct till about January I was taking one a day and my hair started to thicken up. I have never had a problem with my hairline, specifically my edges. This area has thickened up quite a bit since I have been using it and my baby hairs have gotten longer. Since January when I got my second 90 day bottle my hair has grown faster. I don't know much faster but faster than it normally does.

My nails have also grown faster and they're stronger than they normally are.

If you are able to get the 90ct for around $25 including s/h I think its definitely worth a try. They're easy to swallow.

I think its a great product. I started using it again in about October. From Oct till about January I was taking one a day and my hair started to thicken up. I have never had a problem with my hairline, specifically my edges. This area has thickened up quite a bit since I have been using it and my baby hairs have gotten longer. Since January when I got my second 90 day bottle my hair has grown faster. I don't know much faster but faster than it normally does.

My nails have also grown faster and they're stronger than they normally are.

If you are able to get the 90ct for around $25 including s/h I think its definitely worth a try. They're easy to swallow.

If you happen to have Amazon Prime and then select the subscription option you get your 'free delivery' and 15% off for a total of $20.83 for the 90 count bottle.

Lita

Don't kid me now lol!!

I'm not sure what Kefir milk is exactly, and where do you get it from?? SMH at me wanting to try something, that I don't even know what it is lol. But I love milk so I wouldn't mind if it tasted similar to milk.

Lita

Don't kid me now lol!!

I'm not sure what Kefir milk is exactly, and where do you get it from?? SMH at me wanting to try something, that I don't even know what it is lol. But I love milk so I wouldn't mind if it tasted similar to milk.

growinghealthyhair Hi! The kefir milk I buy is called (So Delicious Kefir Coconut Milk) in the refrigerator section of any health food store...They have different flavors,even ice cream in the freezer area...VERY HEALTHY....

*IF YOU GOOGLE IT/THE LINK WILL COME UP/TYPE IN YOUR ZIP CODE/It will give you the stores in your area that carriers it...

Happy Hair Growing!

I 2nd So Delicious- I get the low carb berry version. I used to make my own, but I don't have time too. Kefir is like creamy...er yogurt with about 10-30 goodforyou bacteria as opposed to just the few in yogurt.

Detroitdiva has me sold... Oh boy 5 minutes in this thread an I bought it. I have it bad... I'm excited though I bought the 90 count on Amazon an plan on taking 2 a day. My hair line needs help, I hope this helps some =)

Awww, mannnnn, ya'll gonna make me up and buy these pills aren't ya???!! :) I am almost halfway through my second bottle of hairfinity...no complaints at all but impatient with my edges and nape and want faster results. I'll definitely hold out for one more month but I'm SERIOUSLY considering switching over to Nioxin now. Any of you ladies have experience with both Hairfinity & Nioxin? If so, could you please give your opinion on both?? (pros, cons)

I am taking them..I don't measure my new growth, but I havent been consistent and the last time I had a relaxer was Jan 21st. I have about 3 inches of new growth on my head. So I would say with these if being consistent you can retain atleast 1inch per month, maybe more. I take 2 a day, and also take viviscal. Im aiming for APL by the end of June. I have another 90ct bottle at home thinking im going to take 3 a day and see how it works on my hair.

Ladies, this nioxin it the TRUTH. My edges were RATCHETT. Still are RATCHETT lol. But LESS ratchett now that I have been taking the nioxin for almost 2 months!! I can't wait to get to the third month so I can get that "burst" of growth like everyone else!!! Seriously though, my edges were BARE, baby smooth, and would just never grow back in for some reason they would not grow back in!! (Very bad relaxer//coloring experience snatched em out).

Now I have visible hair there, no it's not completely filled in yet, but I'm telling you, if you see where I CAME from, you ladies would be amazed. I'm a little embarrassed to show the pics right now :-( But as soooooooon as they grow in, please believe, I won't mind putting up my testimony. This has truly been a battle for me. And I thank and love all of you ladies for being so helpful with open arms.

Lita and omnipadme totally going to get the kefir milk today :-) Thanks alot ladies.

The ladies that have decided to use this......can you post before and after pics?

NicWhite

Hmmm maybe I should show my before/after(only two months). But cut out my face/etc .

Any other ladies have any pics??

Oh, and i'm also experiencing major growth other places besides just my temples/edges. I think I have 1inch growth in some places and a little less in others. Either way, I NEVER have this much growth EVER. Gotta be the nioxin. I am also using Sulfur Oil mix, but i only use that on my edges. And the other areas of my hair, is where i'm actually seeing the 1inch of growth.

I want to try these vitamins, but I'm still on the edge. My current HSN vitamins have helped clear up some hormonal acne I was having. I don't want to mess up a good thing by switching up vitamins. I'm gonna keep my eye on this thread though.

Hi ladies, I have been taking nioxin for about 2 weeks now. Just starting my third week today. So far I can def report that my nails are much stronger and I have had a few days where I could feel my scalp tingling. I am taking two a day . I'm going to pick up some kefir milk after work. Hhg

NicWhite: I will be starting on April 1, so I will take pics. I am in braids, though, so I don't know how helpful it'd be since I can't really go by "new growth" because I sweat in and wash my braids once a week, which may cause them to loosen, which might look like new growth but isn't. I hope that makes sense...
But I will definitely try!
Basically, I plan to take them from April - August. By August, I am supposed to be BSL based upon my normal growth rate so, if I am past BSL, then I'll know I got a growth spurt from the Nioxin. I don't get the summer growth spurt like a lot of ladies on the board. I tend to get spurts in the fall/winter.

^^^^To Thicknlong, those Viviscal you are taking ain't no joke. Do you think you could have results from those - did you use those before taking nioxin? I've used them and they are the bomb.com. I have two months worth that I may start taking again b4 starting Nioxin.
They are $$, though.

I just realized I'm almost out of MSM and Biotin, so to re-up these it would cost $30 anyway...might as well take the plunge. lol Oh hey rationalization...

Back