Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

EllePixie

Thanks!!

I actually ordered the 90 count from Amazon, and saw the 30 day supply in my BSS and had to get it :-)

Same here... I ordered the 90 count off Amazon yesterday for $24.99. Then found a 30 count at the local bss for $19.99 so I bought them an started today. Gee I hope these work for me, I hope they don't break me out or put on weight :nono:

Hmmm, ran out of my usual multi so I may try these instead. As long as they dont' have msm (breaks me out), should be all good. I'm grazing SL right now, trying to make APL by the fall.

I have been eyeing this thread for the past two weeks. I finally decided to buy the Nioxin last night. I don't have thinning hair (except my sides are a tad bit thin, probably b/c I press them every couple days), and I already have thick hair. I'm using them to get more hair growth mainly. I will post back to let everyone know my results within a few weeks. :wink2:

I should be getting the Nioxin in the mail tomorrow, but I am going to start in May instead, mostly because I told myself I was going to try the MoeGro oil and bought ALL the ingredients and have yet to make it. Fail. So I am at least going to try that for a month before I try something new.
I'll be following you ladies' progress.

I'm so bored at work that I just read through this entire thread. I purchased two bottles from Amazon and will begin taking them April 1st. Hopefully this gives me the extra nudge I need to make BSL by December. I will also try to get my mother to take some because despite my advice she let her stylist destroy her edges with sew-ins.

Lita
Hey, I did the locator, and it said, Kefir yogurt can be found at Publix?? Do you think this is the same kind?? I just didn't think it'd be this accesible!! lol.

growinghealthyhair Yes,its the same...People are beginning to catch on/So more stores are carrying it know...I like getting it from the health food store because they have a variety...

Happy Hair Growing!

Hi ladies, I have been taking nioxin for about 2 weeks now. Just starting my third week today. So far I can def report that my nails are much stronger and I have had a few days where I could feel my scalp tingling. I am taking two a day . I'm going to pick up some kefir milk after work. Hhg

ajenee You are going to like the kefir milk...They have different flavors....

Happy Hair Growing!

I think that I'm going to go with the one every 12 hours...

janet I cant wait to see your results/I'm just using Nioxin #8 con for 3min/on my scalp only/before my finale rinse/hair is getting fuller...Taking regular vits..

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

What's your favorite flavor??

Sent from my Droid using Long Hair Care Forum App

growinghealthyhair All of them...But,my absolute favorite is the vanilla & I add Acai Splash powder to it/put in blender..PERFECT HEALTHY SMOOTHIE.....Now that summer is coming I will add fresh strawberries,blueberries,raspberries & bananas...Talk about healthy...

Happy Hair Growing!

@growinghealthyhair All of them...But,my absolute favorite is the vanilla & I add Acai Splash powder to it/put in blender..PERFECT HEALTHY SMOOTHIE.....Now that summer is coming I will add fresh strawberries,blueberries,raspberries & bananas...Talk about healthy...

Happy Hair Growing!

That sounds sooooo good Lita! :lick:
Imma pick some up next week.
THANK YOU!!!!!

I can't believe I'm jumping on a bandwagon!!!! I've been taking Nioxin for a couple of months, but I just started taking 2 a day. I hope to see some crazy results because this stuff is expensive.

uggghhh i can't stand yall...always pressuring me to buy something! lol...i haven't even been taking my regular vitamins, but if i stick with taking what i have every day for a month, then i'll get the nioxin ones...hopefully by then you ladies will have more reviews too.

Planning to buy some B-complex vitamins, too.
I don't suffer with acne but I did have a breakout when I was taking a biotin supplement for a while and though it didn't last long, I'd rather not have one at all. I already freak out when I get a couple bumps every month during my period. I can't deal with a full face breakout!

is a b-complex really necessary if the nioxin has b-vits in it already?

Ingredients for those who are curious -

INGREDIENTS: VITAMIN A (AS RETINYL ACETATE), VITAMIN C (AS ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN D (AS CHOLECALCIFEROL),
VITAMIN B1 (AS THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B2 (AS RIBOFLAVIN-5-PHOSPHATE), NIACIN (AS NIACINAMIDE), VITAMIN
B6 (AS PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12 (AS CYANOCOBALAMIN), BIOTIN, PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS
D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE)
, ZINC (AS ZINC OXIDE).
PROPRIETARY BLEND: WILD YAM (ROOT), SARSPARILLA (ROOT), STINGING NETTLE (ROOT) EXTRACT, OAT (AERIAL PARTS)
EXTRACT, PYGEUM (BARK), SAW PALMETTO (BERRIES), BLADDERWRACK (WHOLE FORM), UBIQUINONE (RICE HYDROLYZED/
UBIDECARENONE), TOCOTRIENOLS, PHYTOSTEROL COMPLEX.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CALCIUM SILICATE, CROSCARMELLOSE
SODIUM, STEARIC ACID, HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, SILICON DIOXIDE, TRIACETIN, FD&C
YELLOW #6 ALUMINUM LAKE, FD&C YELLOW #5 ALUMINUM LAKE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

B complex 50 from GNC

Vitamin B-1 (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 50.00 mg 3333%

Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) 50.00 mg 2941%

Niacin (as Niacinamide) 50.00 mg 250%

Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 50.00 mg 2500%

Folic Acid 400.00 mcg 100%

Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 50.00 mcg 833%

Biotin 50.00 mcg 17%

Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium d-Pantothenate) 50.00 mg 500%

Choline Bitartrate 50.00 mg **

Inositol 50.00 mg **

para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA) 50.00 mg **

Last edited:
I hope these ladies who double up on these vits double up on water intake
Like 1lL day would be good with that much vits. I want To see some progress pics though to see if he 2" claim is true I'll believe 1"/ month though
2"/month 24"/year that's if you get constant max gowth and retention.

Last edited:
Like 1lL day would be good with that much vits. I wan. To see some progress pics though

1L a day? That's not even 5 cups.
Or were you saying increase water by a liter a day?
I already drink around 10-12 cups, but I don't think I want to double that to 20-24. I think I'll stick with 12 even when I start the vitamins. I know extreme circumstances cause water poisoning, but I don't think I want to risk it. 24 cups a day seems like way too much, even for a water lover like myself.

Like 1lL day would be good with that much vits. I want To see some progress pics though to see if he 2" claim is true I'll believe 1"/ month though

24inch a year..Imagine that

Happy Hair Growing!

Back