Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

I have been taking them for about 5 months and started doubling the dosage about 2 months ago. I have noticed an increase in hair growth but im not sure if im just having a growth spurt or if its the vitamins and im transitioning and my new growth is so thick and the shrinkage is unbelievable so i cant really tell.

Can someone post a link? There are different variations and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one?

TIA

ijust ordered some today. iPlan on taking 1 nioxin pill every day. Also planning on taking biotin and msm 3x/week. We'll see how it goes!

Someone here mentioned that they'd double the dose if they want to (or something like that) but I'd be cautious. Why? Bc you dno't want to overdose on certain ingredients such as Vitamin A, which is listed as the first ingredient, therefore making it more potent than the last ingredient. OD'ing on Vitamin A is hazardous because it's fat soluble not water soluble. That means that your body will store it rather than regularly excrete it. No one wants to suffer from a vitamin toxicity. So, that's one reason why following recommended doses is important. If you want to increase, def talk to your doctor.

I agree with what your saying and actually if memory serves me correctly most substances, other than the ones intended for extended time release will leave your body in twelve hours. I was told once by a herbalist that for maximum results take one vitamin every 12 hours that way it stays in your system more steadily and consistently...check with a professional 1st but that is better than double up because in most cases your body will eliminate the excess and you will be wasting your money.

Most products are based on the average male body weight, mass and caloric intake so most women are getting more than their average dose anyway.

Hi Ladies
Okay so to those that are starting to take nioxin can you guys take pics of your starting and after lets say a month of doubling the results. I'll record my results as well...And I tried searching for the thread that me mentioned the ladies doubling the dosage but google for some reason won't route me the tht thread...

I have been taking them since Decemeber, and I love them ( and i am only taking 1 per day) But you will notice hair growth everywhere. My Eyebrows, Eyelashes, legs, arm pits have also grown faster LOL ..but I am currently grazing...mid back, and I think If they keep working this good, I may be full midback/approaching waist length by the end of the year

Oh gawd thank u! I ordered mine last week simply because I haven't been taking anything at all and I really want my lashes and especially my brows to fill in as well oh man I hope this works like that for me! I would have ordered Lilash and Librow but uh.....gas is 3.20 now, lol.

Subbing for the before/after.
When you all post your pics, can you also say what your normal growth rate is? Because if you get .75" regularly, obviously it wouldn't be attributed to the Nioxin if you got .75" again since you already have an elevated growth rate.
I'm looking for a vitamin to replace my daily multi with something geared more towards hair and nails, so this looks like a good option.

^^ I know that I shouldbe taking a multi vitamin but I don't...So my growth rate is really slow...So if these vitamins are doing what others say then I will definately notice the difference.

Oh and someone stated that you could possible do harm by increasing the dosage...I checked out the servings and this site...
http://www.supplementquality.com/news/multi_vitamin_chart.html

From the serving and site all should be good with increasing the dossage

msdarknlovely: If you're going from taking nothing to taking it everyday, you may get a drastic result not typical of someone who already takes vitamins and switches to Nioxin (unless that person's diet completely sucks). Hopefully more people who take vitamins regularly will post pics as well so I can get an idea of whether or not to purchase.

^^^Good info but wouldn't it be best not to use anything else...b/c how would you know if its the vitamins that are working or another product??? IDK I always thought that its best to use one thing at a time...at least when taking anything internally...

^^ No, I'd be replacing my multi with Nioxin. I meant, if you go from taking no vitamins whatsoever on a regular basis to suddenly taking Nioxin. For instance, when I first began taking multivitamins, my overall health thrived, including my hair. If Nioxin is going to be your first vitamin, you may get a drastic change just as a result from taking the vitamins when you weren't taking anything at all. If someone who is already taking multivitamins and is (ideally) at the best health they can be (unless her diet really sucks), switches to Nioxin and experiences an elevated growth rate, then it could be a direct result of the Nioxin, provided she doesn't change anything else while taking it. I hope that makes sense. Since I already take a multi, I need to see someone who does the same yet still experiences more growth when switching to Nioxin.

I just got tempted and remembered that I am not jumping on another bandwagon!!!! y'all PJ's are wicked. What I've got (vitimains, Mega-tek, Castor Oil, creams, Juices & Berries, Henna, oils, Ouidad combs, tangle Teezer, etc) will have to do!

I may eat more spinach and salmon. Healthy foods work too!

Subbing for the before/after.
When you all post your pics, can you also say what your normal growth rate is? Because if you get .75" regularly, obviously it wouldn't be attributed to the Nioxin if you got .75" again since you already have an elevated growth rate.
I'm looking for a vitamin to replace my daily multi with something geared more towards hair and nails, so this looks like a good option.

Definitely. My normal growth rate is non existent I think lol. If these pill work for me, I promise you guys will be buying off the shelfs. Because my hair is in a mess right now. So hopefully all of my Happy Hair Caring will pay off.

Oh gawd thank u! I ordered mine last week simply because I haven't been taking anything at all and I really want my lashes and especially my brows to fill in as well oh man I hope this works like that for me! I would have ordered Lilash and Librow but uh.....gas is 3.20 now, lol.

Word to the mutha!!! :wallbash:

REALLY. I ordered the pills off amazon yesterday, and went into the BSS today for a HAIR dryer and saw them there, and HAD to get them lol!!:lachen:
Now there's a TRUE PJ for y'all!!! :rofl:

Definitely. My normal growth rate is non existent I think lol. If these pill work for me, I promise you guys will be buying off the shelfs. Because my hair is in a mess right now. So hopefully all of my Happy Hair Caring will pay off.

Girl, it ain't no nonexistent! You're alive! It has to be growing, and if not, you need to go to the doctor!!! Nioxin ain't gon help that! You may just not be retaining like you want.

I just got tempted and remembered that I am not jumping on another bandwagon!!!! y'all PJ's are wicked. What I've got (vitimains, Mega-tek, Castor Oil, creams, Juices & Berries, Henna, oils, Ouidad combs, tangle Teezer, etc) will have to do!

I may eat more spinach and salmon. Healthy foods work too!

I need to find out what foods I should eat for healthy hair!

Now there's a TRUE PJ for y'all!!! :rofl:

Girl, it ain't no nonexistent! You're alive! It has to be growing, and if not, you need to go to the doctor!!! Nioxin ain't gon help that! You may just not be retaining like you want.

lol. PJ indeed lol!!! And I was joking, my hair does grow:lachen: Just very slow. And i'm newly natural, Relaxers just arent' my friend. I can't wait to see how well my hair flourishes without the relaxed ends holding it back. It looks so much more healthier now! I love it!

lol. PJ indeed lol!!! And I was joking, my hair does grow:lachen: Just very slow. And i'm newly natural, Relaxers just arent' my friend. I can't wait to see how well my hair flourishes without the relaxed ends holding it back. It looks so much more healthier now! I love it!

Oh ok, girl! I was genuinely concerned! :lol:

You know you have to laugh at yourself sometimes. I'm finally listening to my hair. So now it is improving. And I think these vitamins are going to help! I'm gong from NOTHING. So hopefully i see those dramatic changes! Even if it's just thickeness.

ok....I just ordered 2 bottles of this to try....plus I'm already using the ovation hair sytem. So this should work..... what ya think ladies............

Okay so ladies this thread must be hella popular b/c I just went to purchase something on Amazon...I know I need to hide the credit card...But anyway the vendor that i purchased the vitamins from then already increased the prices...not by much but still...Okay and now I don't know if its the vitamins or the doo gro but its only been 3 days and I'm feeling peach fuzz...:grin:

Last edited:
Back