Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

I just wanted to add that I bought 3 bottles of this in December (1 for my mom and 2 for me) from ulta, and there were cracks in the pills.

If anyone has a JC Penny near them or can get to one, there's a sale on the pills, $15 for 30-day supply. I got the last two bottles, paying $30 for both. I would've picked up more if they had additional bottles. I'm doing this six-month challenge, just one a day. Had already been taking them for one month. Since I'm a nappy head and don't use direct heat, I don't know if it's been working. At the end of the six-month trial, I may straighten and see where I am.

I just got my 90 day supply from Amazon yesterday. I started taking them yesterday as well. I hope it is worth the money. I am SL so I hope to be APL by July.

Serenity_Peace said:
If anyone has a JC Penny near them or can get to one, there's a sale on the pills, $15 for 30-day supply. I got the last two bottles, paying $30 for both. I would've picked up more if they had additional bottles. I'm doing this six-month challenge, just one a day. Had already been taking them for one month. Since I'm a nappy head and don't use direct heat, I don't know if it's been working. At the end of the six-month trial, I may straighten and see where I am.

Was this a JCP that had a Sephora in it? In other words, did you buy the product from an actual Sephora located in JCP or the actual hair salon in JCP. We have a couple of store setup like that in my area, so I was just curious. Thanks for the info!!!!

Last edited:
Was this a JCP that had a Sephora in it? In other words, did you buy the product from an actual Sephora located in JCP or the actual hair salon in JCP. We have a couple of store setup like that in my area, so I was just curious. Thanks for the info!!!!

Wait, are you saying that Sephora sells them? Lawd I hope so.

I read quite a bit of this thread searching for results pics, but didn't find them. Did anyone go from SL to WL or BSL to HL within a year using these vitamins?

The thread is fairly old, so that should have given enough time for dramatic results of 1 to 2 inches/month :yep:

This still gives me a great boost. I went from collar bone to bsl in 8 months (from July last year). I really don't do too much. I take 2 nioxin at night with vit c. Goal is to thicken up this year and aim for wl.

Only thingis it makes me hairy.:look:

This still gives me a great boost. I went from collar bone to bsl in 8 months (from July last year). I really don't do too much. I take 2 nioxin at night with vit c. Goal is to thicken up this year and aim for wl.

were u taking 2 for the 8 months

Wait. What?? Are you serious?? Maybe I should try that to get to waist length in Dec. I'm between BSB and BSL.

uhm bumping i need some inspiration pics please updates something

lol.. Sorry... Can't help you here.. I took it everyday for 3 months... I saw no difference.. nada... growth rate was exactly the same... my legs got hairy though.. lol...

I quit after three months.... no more vitamins for me.

Hey...I've been taking 2 a day since jan and I can't say I see a difference either... I'm going to continue takibgbthem until the summer, I think, just to see if it take a little longer for them to have an effect in my system. Honestly tho, I've never tracked how much hair growth i get a month so they could he already working but I really don't think so

I started out taking one a day in may with sl hair up until january when i upped it to 2 a day. Now i'm in between apl and bsl. I dont know if its the vitamins or not, but im gonna keep on taking them.

It was in a JCP salon, not the Sephora unfortunately.

Sorry. I'm just now seeing your post.

Mane Event

Hey guys,

I have been using Nioxin since July of 2011. One thing is for sure, you do get hairy, but rapid hair growth? Not even.. I cut my hair to 10inches in February of 2011 and was able to retain 7 inches by the end of the year. How much of it I owe to Nioxin? I wouldn't say much because I used Ovation Cell Therapy from February to July and grew my hair 5inches, then when i switched from Ovation to Nioxin in July, I only retained 2 more inches of hair through the rest of the year, using my same regimen minus the Ovation. I finished my last bottle in February 2012 and decided to switch back to GNC hair, skin, and nails (an original favorite of mines.) Sure enough, coupled with my regimen, retained an inch of hair this month alone. I have 1 more bottle of Nioxin left, so I think just for argument sake I'll use it along with my GNC hair, skin, and nails to see if anything miraculous happens.. But after this last bottle, if I'm not satisfied, I'm tossing! I've been hanging out with Nioxin for too long. These things are expensive to do so little...

I have seen results but I don't measure my hair. I may sell mine on the exchange forum because I am not consistent with vitamins. I think I have about a 6mnth supply left. Any one interested PM me before I post them on the exchange forum.

I think I've noticed some growth but not a lot over time. At first the pills helped now I don't see anything I might take this last bottle I'm on 2 a day to get done with them sooner and just go back to skin hair and nail vitamins

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have been using Nioxin since July of 2011. One thing is for sure, you do get hairy, but rapid hair growth? Not even.. I cut my hair to 10inches in February of 2011 and was able to retain 7 inches by the end of the year. How much of it I owe to Nioxin? I wouldn't say much because I used Ovation Cell Therapy from February to July and grew my hair 5inches, then when i switched from Ovation to Nioxin in July, I only retained 2 more inches of hair through the rest of the year, using my same regimen minus the Ovation. I finished my last bottle in February 2012 and decided to switch back to GNC hair, skin, and nails (an original favorite of mines.) Sure enough, coupled with my regimen, retained an inch of hair this month alone. I have 1 more bottle of Nioxin left, so I think just for argument sake I'll use it along with my GNC hair, skin, and nails to see if anything miraculous happens.. But after this last bottle, if I'm not satisfied, I'm tossing! I've been hanging out with Nioxin for too long. These things are expensive to do so little...

Did you use oviation's new formula?

Hey guys,

This right here :yep::yep: i think im going to return the 2 bottles to Ulta that i have left. i just completed my 3 months supply and not one thing went down with this hair of mine.

So i posted on Nioxins facebook wall asking how long is this product suppose to kick and boost everything smdh surely they told me anywhere from 30 days and it can take SEVERAL MONTHS depending on the individual
uhm not a good answer

true indeed so i will try again for another bottle of the 3 months supply and do away with the other one if it doesn't work

Back