Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Started taking 2 a day yesterday I've been on the pills for about a year now & only saw results after the first 3 months. So I believe its time to move on.

Did you use oviation's new formula?

Yes and I'm not one of those people that will try too many things or hop on too many bandwagons. I like to use what works and no more. As a member of LHCF though, I find myself experimenting more than I would usually do on products and things like that. And experientation is good but I always know in the back of my mind that there is a product out there that works for me and it's Ovation (but it puts a huge dent in my wallet :nono:). Literally got an inch of hair growth per month the ENTIRE time I used it. And I still flat ironed once per month and blow dried my hair every time I washed. I don't use nearly as much heat as I use to so I know once I purchase this product again my results will be even better.

But as far as the hair pills go... the only real way to tell if a hair pill is working is to discontinue all other product use and I wasn't willing to do that. So I use them in addition to my normal hair regimen or when my hair is in a weave and I can't get oils etc into my scalp. But as some sort of miracle grower, it's definitely not one.

Also, when it comes to vitamins, the body only uses what it needs and excretes the rest. So I don't care if you take 4 pills a day, it won't change a thing. It will take what it wants and get rid of the rest. And you'll know how much of the vitamin your body is excreting depending on the color of your urine. No matter how much water you drink, when you have too many vitamins in your system, the urine will still be yellow. The yellower it is, the more of the vitamins your body is getting rid of.

sorry so long but i hope this helps :perplexed

Just checking in don't remember when I started but it has been a "process" it was slow but now my hair is getting thick as hell and the length is getting there. I will say my nails are banging they are long and healthy and I am not sure if I will continue but I will continue taking hair and nail growth vitamins. I was at Costco and they sell some for 17 so I am going to take these vitamins with me and compare and if it looks cool then...you know. I will say I only use these as my multi vitamins as mentioned it did take a minute for me to really take notice but they do work!

I went to Ulta yesterday to re-up my supply of Nioxin and I was told that they have been discontinued!!! :angry2::angry2::angry2:
I have been using these for the past five months and have finally noticed greater thickness and a little length. Has anyone heard that they were being discontinued?I ended up buying Phyto's hair and nail vitamins. The clerk recommended these ($50 :blush:) advising that some like these better than Nioxin.
I haven't found anything yet about this. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this? :nono:

I have been using Nioxin for four weeks now, and I have noticed my edges have filled in a great deal. I had really thin edges from a bad weave install last summer. I have been using JBCO, and sulfur mixed with wonder 8 oil for the past 3 months, but nothing worked as fast as the Nioxin to fill them in. I'm currently PS'ing with braids till summer, so I will check in to report any faster growth. I never thought it would work so fast...thx to all who shared their experiences in this thread, you guys pushed me to order!!!:yay::cup:

The first pic is from 3/1/12, the second is 4/10/12, and the last pic is from today.

Attachments

• image-1906026386.jpg
    image-1906026386.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3280431702.jpg
    image-3280431702.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 66
  • image-2196455119.jpg
    image-2196455119.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I just purchased four (4), 90 count bottles from www.costsell.com for $30/bottle. I don't think they are discontinued, I think they are being repackaged.

ETA: It must have been an error because I just checked the website again and the cost is now $59.99/bottle for 90. I checked my order to be sure and I did get them for $30/bottle. Sorry ladies.

Last edited:
Just took my last pill, my hair is in a bun so the most I can do is pull it down to see my length. I'm going to go back to GNC hair pills.

Good luck ladies!

Nioxin FINALLY kicked in and started working for me. Took two bottles. Nothing rapid or anything, but my nape and edges are really growing now. My nape took off first. I've never had hair in my nape. That has always been the area of my hair that I struggled with most. Well, it seems like every strand of hair is growing. I twist it to kind of protect the area. My edges are also growing now. I used a great hair butter as well, but overall, my hair is finally filling in.

I'm actually switching over to Hairomega. Seems to have the same vits as Nioxin, just a little more potent. Both of these vitamins work on dht, thin hair, and hair growth. Overall, I'm happy with what Nioxin finally started doing. Guess my body was really deficient.

Nioxin FINALLY kicked in and started working for me. Took two bottles. Nothing rapid or anything, but my nape and edges are really growing now. My nape took off first. I've never had hair in my nape. That has always been the area of my hair that I struggled with most. Well, it seems like every strand of hair is growing. I twist it to kind of protect the area. My edges are also growing now. I used a great hair butter as well, but overall, my hair is finally filling in.

I'm actually switching over to Hairomega. Seems to have the same vits as Nioxin, just a little more potent. Both of these vitamins work on dht, thin hair, and hair growth. Overall, I'm happy with what Nioxin finally started doing. Guess my body was really deficient.

I'm glad it's working for you...I have about a half of a bottle left but I won't be re stocking because of the price jump...have you ever taken hairomega before? I'm off to google this now...

No, I never tried Hairomega before. I read the reviews on Amazon. Pretty good. One of the reviewers sounded like she was from the forum because she mentioned the cracked pills, etc.

So, I'm going to experiement with Hairomega like I did with Nioxin and see what happens.

I have not looked at Amazon to see what the price is. I usually get my nioxin from them. I did get some hairfinity last month.

Ok this is going to sound crazy but since I was told at Ulta as well about Nioxin not being sold any more I was thinking about taking Costco's Hair and Nail Vitamins. The lady at Ulta was telling me about Bossely vitamins have any of you heard of these?

I CANT FIND ANYMORE ANYWHERE HERE !!!!!!!

ARRRRRRR !!!!!!!!! WOULD SOMEONE BE WILLING TO HELP ME GET SOME !!!!!! PLEASE PM ME !!!!!!!!! I WANT 1 OR 2 90 COUNT BOTTLES ....PLEASE

No, I never tried Hairomega before. I read the reviews on Amazon. Pretty good. One of the reviewers sounded like she was from the forum because she mentioned the cracked pills, etc.

So, I'm going to experiement with Hairomega like I did with Nioxin and see what happens.

yodie keep us posted with hairomega...

Happy Hair Growing!

90 dollars a bottle? what kind of growth factor do they think is in this vitamin. This will be my last bottle.

Yeah, I was getting mine from Fragrance net.com for about $34.00 and now they've even raised the price.:ohwell:

I should have locked into Autoship (before the price hike).

I'm going with yodie over to Hairomega.:yep:

Yodie said the ingredients are similar or more potent than Nioxin, so it sounds promising.

I recently purchased 2 bottles.

Has Amazon lost their minds!!!???? $139.99 a bottle (90 count)? Oh hell naw!

ETA: I will be trying the Hairomega 3-in-1 when it's time to re-up.

Last edited:
I SENT AMAZON A NICE LITTLE SCREAMING LETTER ABOUT THEIR AWFUL PRICES......AND THAT SOME OF THE LADIES I KNOW WILL BE SENDING OUR BUSINESS ELSE-WHERE...

carletta said:
I SENT AMAZON A NICE LITTLE SCREAMING LETTER ABOUT THEIR AWFUL PRICES......AND THAT SOME OF THE LADIES I KNOW WILL BE SENDING OUR BUSINESS ELSE-WHERE...

Thank you! Those prices are outrageous!

I took Nioxin for 2 months last summer along with another hair vit, so I cant narrow my results to just the Nioxin. The high prices will have me using my go-to Longer, Stronger Hair & Nails (sold at Rite Aid)...or even Natrol HSN Vitamins.

But you ladies have piqued my interest in Hairomega. Wonder if its safe for pregnant women? It would be a nice vit to keep pp shedding at bay if I start a regimen now.

Its interesting that they won't debut their new formula until August. Just talked to the customer service at Nioxin. Guess when I run out I will find another brand.

Hello,

I'm truly very sorry to know about the issue. I understand your frustrations. I'd love to help you on this, however, I am not certain as to which specific Nioxin Recharging Complex you're concerned about. We need to check the exact item you're asking about so that we may be able to verify the fluctuation of its price.

For me to proceed and address this issue, I need you to please provide the following:

1.) Complete item name

2.) ASIN

3.) website link (if possible)

I'm sorry if you need to take this extra step. I realize that at this point of time asking you to contact us again would be disappointing, but in a situation like this, it is very important for us that we provide you with accurate and expedient resolution and I find that this is the best way to be certain that your issue is resolved more appropriately.

Please use the link below to provide the information requested:

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-mi?c=fqgwyuxb3415164157&q=o2r

Once we receive this information we can take further action.

I'm sorry if I'm not able to assist right away. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1GHQEBRBV9JPK&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A1GHQEBRBV9JPK&k=hn

Best regards,

Ann R.
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

---- Original message: ----

I wrote my complaint last night around 9:30 last night this was in my email early this morning :yep: if anyone else wants to complain please do it !!!!! maybe these fools will lower the price !:ohwell:

Why does this happen everytime I find something that works. I have been using Nioxin for months and just bought my current bottle from JcPenney Salon. It was the last on the shelf.

Yeah, I was getting mine from Fragrance net.com for about $34.00 and now they've even raised the price.:ohwell:

I should have locked into Autoship (before the price hike).

I'm going with yodie over to Hairomega.:yep:

Yodie said the ingredients are similar or more potent than Nioxin, so it sounds promising.

I recently purchased 2 bottles.

yodie IDareT'sHair[/USER] maybe we should start a hairomega thread.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Back