Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Bumping this up. Few questions for current users.

1. Will you continue w/Nioxin in 2012 or switch? Absolutely sticking to Nioxin.
2. Will you continue with 1 a day or 2 a day? I just started 2/day today, and that will continue for the next 6 months; then up to 3/day in July as planned.
3. Happy with your growth or did you not see any growth at all? I feel like my hair is growing so quickly, and I just had an epiphany that I can track my growth with my short nape to see how things are going forreal. Either way I'm not stopping because I'm certain it's helping my skin. OT I'm actually considering dropping all other supplements and taking Nioxin exclusively.
4. Are you using any other Nioxin products? Nope.

Answers in purple.

Last edited:
Seems like most of us are happy with Nioxin. I'm new to the vitamins, so I can't really speak about them just yet.

Thx for the reply. I've seen them on Amazon and ebay but I thought there was an issue with cracked pills and such from those vendors?

If you want pills that are "guaranteed" by Nioxin - there are no online vendors.

According to Nioxin, the cracked pills may be from age, etc which they won't guarantee the efficacy if purchased from an online vendor. They must be purchased from a local salon/beauty store that has an agreement with Nioxin.

With that being said, some girls has reported no problems with products purchased from Amazon/E-Bay or online with or without cracks. I personally returned my bottle and bought from Ulta. I've been pleased with the results.

Its really up to you once you understand the issues.

Thx for the reply. I've seen them on Amazon and ebay but I thought there was an issue with cracked pills and such from those vendors?

So curiosity got the best of me..... i normally order them thru costsell on ebay or amazon. i just went to my liscensed nioxin vendor beauty world to see if their pills were "uncracked". the ones from beauty world had even more cracks in them. costsell is on left beauty world is on right. pic didnt come out as expected :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325625358369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325625358369.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 104
ow no, :perplexed, have I just purchased expired products from Amazon?

Could they really do that?

In this surveillance obsessed society, can companies (as well known) as amazon sell expired products to people? Is that really really possible? OMG

I just realised people tend to buy the 90 tablets bottle, as for some ppl it takes atleast a month before you notice significant changes in your hair growth. please someone tell me these ppl are legit. i can't imagine buying expired products from amazon. worse than that is, amazon at the moment is my only source of nioxin. bloody uk always lagging behind. why dnt these ppl ever catch up in anything

Last edited:
I was combing my hair last night, parted it down the middle then realized the area I fought hard to grow had filled in! My part finally looks normal....not like a five lane highway.

I am finally seeing the payoff for my hard work.

mzteaze, congrats. Did you try other products on this part of your hair to no avail? How long have you been taking the pills? How many pills a day do you take? Are you using any other products along with the Nioxin?

I'm asking because my edges have thinned quite a bit. I've been to dermatologist after dermatologist. It's not alopecia. I think my follicles are blocked on my edges. I'm using the follicle booster there, but I feel like I need to remove a layer of skin from my edges, so that my follicles can breathe again. I started using Nioxin Scalp Renew. It's a microderrmabrasion for the scalp. I also had my derm do a chemical peel on my edges and nape to open up the follicles. I feel the chem peel on my face right away, so much so that I have to hold a fan to my face. I felt no sensation on my edges or nape in the beginning. Took awhile for me to feel it. I'm also using Nioxin Shampoo.

I hope the supplements help my thin edges. My nape is doing better already. I noticed that it grows if I keep it twisted. It's only about an inch long, so I twist and pin it down.

mzteaze, congrats. Did you try other products on this part of your hair to no avail? How long have you been taking the pills? How many pills a day do you take? Are you using any other products along with the Nioxin?

I'm asking because my edges have thinned quite a bit. I've been to dermatologist after dermatologist. It's not alopecia. I think my follicles are blocked on my edges. I'm using the follicle booster there, but I feel like I need to remove a layer of skin from my edges, so that my follicles can breathe again. I started using Nioxin Scalp Renew. It's a microderrmabrasion for the scalp. I also had my derm do a chemical peel on my edges and nape to open up the follicles. I feel the chem peel on my face right away, so much so that I have to hold a fan to my face. I felt no sensation on my edges or nape in the beginning. Took awhile for me to feel it. I'm also using Nioxin Shampoo.

I hope the supplements help my thin edges. My nape is doing better already. I noticed that it grows if I keep it twisted. It's only about an inch long, so I twist and pin it down.

yodie
I have used the pills since August 2011.

Before that, I had a thinning spot at my crown since at least 2008 (the first time I noticed it.) I initially used JBCO then gradually moved towards using a mix of Megatek, EOs and aloe vera plus a few drops of sulfur oil. Both helped get me moving in the right direction. However, the pills have helped me fill in where I still had thinness.

If I can suggest it, I went to Hair Club for a FREE consultation. The person looked at my scalp and give me pictures of the close ups with an explanation of whether my follicles were still alive or not. Once I found out they were alive....I just worked on keeping my scalp clean (weekly shampooing) and using a few growth aids. Take at least one Nioxin vitamin a day. I was tempted to take a second one a day but opted to try having a green smoothie each day.

If you can't get to Hair Club, consider consulting a trichologist.

mzteaze, great idea. I have two derms and neither of them have looked at my scalp under a scope. I know of a place where I can have my scalp looked at for free.

Thanks.

Okay just got my pills today from Amazon they are cracked....oh well I will pray over them:perplexed I contacted the company...they claim they are ok! Next purchase I will to Ulta. I am really hopeful these will work I used to take Vitamin Shoppe Hair Skin and Nail vitamins and they did work but I am iron sensitive so I couldn't take the full amount but, they did work but I just wanted to try this one. Wish me luck ya'll will post before and after pics in 6mth trial.

I never break out and these pills are breaking me out. I stopped a week ago until I cleared up and tried again and it's back. I don't know how much longer I will do this. Too bad I bought the 90 day supply. Does this get better? I'm not sacrificing my skin for my hair...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

mzteaze, I had my scalp examined (FOR FREE) at Regenix in Los Angeles. Regenix provides a free hair analysis if anyone is interested. Just google them. You have to mail in a few strands of hair.

My scalp was looked at under a scope and yes, my sides/edges are alot thinner than the rest of my hair, but the bulb on each of my strands is very clean and healthy. They also showed me that everything underneath my scalp looked good. I think I cleared up the main problem with Nixon shampoo. He agreed with me and couldn't really recommend any of their products.

The bad news...my strands are very damaged from heat styling. I was going to a stylist. I'm done with the guy that I went to. My strands looked like they were sheared, blown apart. I didn't pass out because I pretty much already knew that. Just hard seeing it on a big monitor in front of you. I'm hiding my hair for two years with tracks, so I'll cut and let it grow from there and I will ALWAYS use heat protectant if heat ever touches my hair.

Not trying to hijack this thread. My edges...I'll keep working on them and mzteaze, your post inspired me to pick up a green drink powder from Trader Joe's.

I never break out and these pills are breaking me out. I stopped a week ago until I cleared up and tried again and it's back. I don't know how much longer I will do this. Too bad I bought the 90 day supply. Does this get better? I'm not sacrificing my skin for my hair...

Try taking a B complex with these. This usually stops the breakouts.

mzteaze, I had my scalp examined (FOR FREE) at Regenix in Los Angeles. Regenix provides a free hair analysis if anyone is interested. Just google them. You have to mail in a few strands of hair.

My scalp was looked at under a scope and yes, my sides/edges are alot thinner than the rest of my hair, but the bulb on each of my strands is very clean and healthy. They also showed me that everything underneath my scalp looked good. I think I cleared up the main problem with Nixon shampoo. He agreed with me and couldn't really recommend any of their products.

The bad news...my strands are very damaged from heat styling. I was going to a stylist. I'm done with the guy that I went to. My strands looked like they were sheared, blown apart. I didn't pass out because I pretty much already knew that. Just hard seeing it on a big monitor in front of you. I'm hiding my hair for two years with tracks, so I'll cut and let it grow from there and I will ALWAYS use heat protectant if heat ever touches my hair.

Not trying to hijack this thread. My edges...I'll keep working on them and mzteaze, your post inspired me to pick up a green drink powder from Trader Joe's.

yodie
Wow! I'm glad you didn't find any major shockers. But, I feel your pain for the heat damage. Just one word of caution, I wore weaves for approximately 8 years. That is the entire reason I am trying to regrowing hair at my crown and other areas. Please, please, please be extremely careful with using tracks. I can't stress that enough.

The green smoothies are definitely my new go to thing. They are a bit of an acquired test but have fun experimenting. There are several good threads with recipes in the Heath and Fitness section as well as Natural Health.

Try taking a B complex with these. This usually stops the breakouts.

Thanks, yodie! Any recommendations? Fingers crossed that it works for me too.

Happy hair growing! I'm glad you know the source of the problem and have a plan to remedy it. Keep us updated!

I just came back from ULTA I purchased 3 90 count bottles so i have a 9 months supply which came to $91. But guest the hell what i checked the bottles and the bottle has cracked pills and im pissed because i drove so far. I called nioxin and they had no excuse but oh Ulta has a refund policy so u can return them and get a new set uhm like wtf. My question now is if Ulta is an authorized seller why do they have cracked pills and the representative had nothing to say. Im pissed because i have to drive there again to get new pills in about a week and and a few days. All im thinking is something is up with NIOXIN

Thanks, @yodie! Any recommendations? Fingers crossed that it works for me too.

Happy hair growing! I'm glad you know the source of the problem and have a plan to remedy it. Keep us updated!

I think pretty much any B complex would work. I used Trader Joe's B Complex in pill form for a long time. Now I use a liquid B Complex.

Today, I received my order of the nioxin vitamins. Just about all of the pills have cracks in them. It's the "coating" that looks cracked and makes me think they are old. The expiration date on them is March 2013. I guess I'll send them back but I'd hate to go through all of the trouble only to see more cracked pills from an "authorized" seller.

Bumping this up. Few questions for current users.

1. Will you continue w/Nioxin in 2012 or switch?
answer: yes, it is a staple from now on
2. Will you continue with 1 a day or 2 a day?
continue with 2 a day
3. Happy with your growth or did you not see any growth at all?
over-joyed with the growth !!! :yep:
4. Are you using any other Nioxin products?
I am also using the follical hair booster :grin:

My mister got my nioxin from ulta. He got me 6 bottles of 90 day supply. Some have small cracks but not alot. I think its the packaging cuz they were packed in the bottle with no cotton like most vitamins. I'm starting with 1 a day.

Sent from my PC36100

Back