Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

I noticed that my tablets from Ulta actually say Nioxin. The ones from Amazon did not. not good.

I just checked the last bottle I had gotten from Amazon. I'm about to cancel XMAS!!! These pills have the name on them, but it is spelled incorrectly. It is spelled NIXOIN! Too funny. Does anyone else who ordered from Amazon have this spelling?

Alex, I'll take Ulta for $1,000!!!!!!!!!

mzteaze WOWWWWW!

Cracked pills. Tastes different. Unauthorized sellers. Stamped fake names on bottles.

this is about to be 2 much. I'm gonna work on returning mines to amazon's costell and buying from ulta when they do the 20% off.

case closed.

I'm annoyed, I've been taking these since April & I've seen improvement but not the 2 inches a month. Granted, im taking 1 a day, and I've gotten faster growth, it would be a bummer to think....let me not even... Here is a pic of the bottle and pill from ulta.

I was getting my pills from a BSS in queens, ny

Sent from my MyTouch 4G
Softerlove mines has the exact same bar code and expires next year:blush:.

Ulta and the 20% off it is.

I'm going to get my future pills from Ulta. There is no sense in using potentially counterfeit products to save 5-10 dollars.

French Rouge I agree.

As long as I wait til the 20% off or just rack up when it comes, it's only about 10 bucks so no use of spending up to about $10 less only to get something that wont work or wont work all the way.

I just popped open a bottle I got from Ulta .... THEY HAVE MORE CRACKS THAN THE PILLS I GOT FROM AMAZON!

(im reading posts sequentially down the line and posting as i get to the)
French Rouge

WHATTTT?

Oh well I give.

So the amazon cracked pills are ok? I don't know. I still may do Ulta with the coupon to ensure they are fine. I just can't waste any more hair i don't have enuff left to play lol.

Wats the expiration date on these ? I wonder what would nioxin say about these cracked and purch'd at an auth seller.

chicha ... The expiration date is in 2013. The first thing I did when I got home was open the bottle to compare the pills. I pulled out the first pill and found a crack, then the second and the third. The cracks got progressively worse.

After this experience, I am now on the fence about costsell. I'm not even going to bother taking my Ulta pills back because I now feel like all Nioxin pills have cracks. My Amazon pill bottle looks exactly the same as the Ulta bottle.

I just found a broken Ulta nioxin pill & some of them have cracks...SMDH, exp 03/13. But they taste different from the ones I was buying from the BSS. My nails & body hair & eyelashes are also growing faster. I dont know what to think, since the ones from the BSS never had cracks. Well see, I measured my hair with a ruler the day I stated the Ulta bottle, well see if my rate increases from the inch ive been getting from the BSS bottle.

Also my breakouts from the BSS bottle were there even with the Super B12 complex, now my breakouts are virtually gone with the Ulta + 1 x a day Super Be complex. I am using Clean & Clear benzol 10% + 1 a day Super B complex, @ night I wash my face with Clean & Clear and philosophy products (just started) my face has cleared....im happy.

I measured & took pics of a short part of my hair the day I started the Nioxin from Ulta
& since ive been taking it since 4/18/2011 (getting 1" a month) I hope my rate will increase...I will post pics after a month on the Ulta vits.

I just popped open a bottle I got from Ulta .... THEY HAVE MORE CRACKS THAN THE PILLS I GOT FROM AMAZON!

Um ok. Can the LCHF FBI figure out what the deal is with the cracked pills? So now it's not only Amazon's Costsell? Seems unusual.

Nioxin's got some explaining to do!

I think someone had it right when they said they think NIOXIN sold the pills to Costsell because of the cracks and to escape responsibility. They may have thought they shipped all the pills out but still have Some in their possession and as such in their stores.

Honestly unless you're getting sick off these pills I don't think you should rush to give ULTA your money.

I agree. I think as many that have complained to Amazon, if the items were chemically defective or fake, they would have pulled them. Why risk their reputation and business over a few pills? Nioxin obvioulsy prefers people to buy directly from them and not pay the middle man.

If people are still receiving good results from the cracked pills the defect is merely cosmetic. Sometimes even a cracked and crooked looking homemade german chocolate cake is better than a perfect looking box cake. (ok so I like to bake) :<)

But until there is something that the forum community has proven to work better than the Nioxin pills-cracked or not, I will continue to give them a try.

I know I should have taken pics, I was but didn't because I didn't feel the pill would work.... But it did... On my right side from edges to about an inch back it was thin.... And see through and its growing in like a patch of grass, its 1/2 inch now, at first there wasn't really anything there .... My bangs grew fast! I wanna say about an 3/4 of an inch since July 28... On my left side towards my temple near ear the front part was short and thin, now its fuller and growing, better to blend in weave. My hair has grown .75 or inch in a month it appears as I noticed how loose it was near august 28 under the weave... However I haven't achieved 2inches... I'll do pics nx time :/

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I agree. I think as many that have complained to Amazon, if the items were chemically defective or fake, they would have pulled them. Why risk their reputation and business over a few pills? Nioxin obvioulsy prefers people to buy directly from them and not pay the middle man.

If people are still receiving good results from the cracked pills the defect is merely cosmetic. Sometimes even a cracked and crooked looking homemade german chocolate cake is better than a perfect looking box cake. (ok so I like to bake) :<)

But until there is something that the forum community has proven to work better than the Nioxin pills-cracked or not, I will continue to give them a try.

I agree. I purchased from Costell through Amazon and all of my Nioxin pills were cracked. I've been taking Nioxin since April 20th and aside from a few pimples when I first started the pills, I haven't experienced any negative effects. The only negative thing I can say is that I'm not a fan of paying $25/bottle lol.

Oh boy..I bought twice from Costsell and they too had a lot of cracks but I never thought much of it b/c the expiration date said 11/2012.

However, I haven't seen even 1 inch of new growth a month; my hair is thicker though and there's virtually no shedding so I can't complain too much. I'm down to 2 more left and I think I'll re-up with a bottle from Ulta or an actual store...just to compare. I'll be back after completing the next bottle...

I'm still using my Costell Nioxin with No Issues. Inspected all the Pills in the Open Bottle, none are Cracked OR Chipped and all have "NIOXIN" perfectly written on them.:look:

Imma keep using them. I have 1 90 ct. bottle left. I figure like this:

I can open a Bag of Lays Potato Chips and have broken ones, chipped ones, burnt ones...but they're still good.:lol:

IK Poor Analogy.:ohwell: But I honestly don't have a problem with them. Should I come across them from someplace else, I may purchase them elsewehere.

Right now, I'm perfectly content with them. I may start back on my Andrew Lessman Hair, Skin & Nails....soon

But, I have no problems with the Costell Nioxin's.:yep:

IDareT'sHair. I didn't wanna purchase from any unauthorized dealers, but after opening the bottle and getting some cracked pills from Ulta, unless I get three inches outta this bottle, I'm going to find another vendor on Amazon. I have four bottles to use first before I do that though.

The only problem I have with Costell is the customer service they provided some ladies. I think they should have taken the product back without any hassle since it was discovered they aren't an authorized dealer. They said there isn't anything wrong with the pills, and that may be true, but if a customer has decided they don't want the cracked pills or not use them because they aren't an authorized dealer, a return shipping label should have been issued.

Other than that, I'm not spending any more extra money to get the same "crack!"

@IDareT'sHair. I didn't wanna purchase from any unauthorized dealers, but after opening the bottle and getting some cracked pills from Ulta, unless I get three inches outta this bottle, I'm going to find another vendor on Amazon. I have four bottles to use first before I do that though.

The only problem I have with Costell is the customer service they provided some ladies. I think they should have taken the product back without any hassle since it was discovered they aren't an authorized dealer. They said there isn't anything wrong with the pills, and that may be true, but if a customer has decided they don't want the cracked pills or not use them because they aren't an authorized dealer, a return shipping label should have been issued.

@upscale0198 I hear you Lady.:yep:

I haven't been following the Poor CS issues too closely. I got several bottles from another Amazon Dealer as well. I'd hafta' look up the name (and I will). I think it was something like Payless Beauty maybe?:perplexed But they were similar in price as Costell.

Other than JC Penney, I can't remember where else I've seen them. Not going to Ulta (too dangerous):lol:

So Imma keep on with these (for now) and I can always return to Andrew Lessman because I have like a 500 ct. bottle.:look:

@<a href="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=118875" target="_blank">IDareT'sHair</a>. I didn't wanna purchase from any unauthorized dealers, but after opening the bottle and getting some cracked pills from Ulta, unless I get three inches outta this bottle, I'm going to find another vendor on Amazon. I have four bottles to use first before I do that though.<br />
<br />
The only problem I have with Costell is the customer service they provided some ladies. I think they should have taken the product back without any hassle since it was discovered they aren't an authorized dealer. They said there isn't anything wrong with the pills, and that may be true, but if a customer has decided they don't want the cracked pills or not use them because they aren't an authorized dealer, a return shipping label should have been issued. <br />
<br />
Did they taste different than yours from amazon?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

upscale0198 Yeah...the other place I purchased them from was Payless Beauty (which was a similar price-point as Costell).

Didn't have any issues with these. And they looked, tasted, smelled the same.

Softerlove. They smelled the same, looked the same, and were cracked the same. I even took the bottles and did a blindfold test. I knew which was which because I had my friend's bottle from Costell and they put that label on the back of their bottles. So in my opinion, it's the same thing. I wish it was different. I would feel a little better about shelling out the extra money. But you live and learn!

IDareT'sHair. Thanks for the vendor's name. I will order from them when I run out.

I just checked the last bottle I had gotten from Amazon. I'm about to cancel XMAS!!! These pills have the name on them, but it is spelled incorrectly. It is spelled NIXOIN! Too funny. Does anyone else who ordered from Amazon have this spelling?

Alex, I'll take Ulta for $1,000!!!!!!!!!

I noticed something. If you hold the capsule upside down. It spells NIxoin and if you hold it the other way around it spells nioxin. PLus, since all the letters are in capital letters and happen to be letter that no matter what way you hold up or down it always look correct. Example: letter o or X or i Or N if you all hold them upside down it looks correct.

Take another careful look before you run out and purchase some more. If the letters on your vitamins are in small letters then that's another story!!

I will analyze my capsule again tonight...all of mine seem fine.

Also my breakouts from the BSS bottle were there even with the Super B12 complex, now my breakouts are virtually gone with the Ulta + 1 x a day Super Be complex. I am using Clean & Clear benzol 10% + 1 a day Super B complex, @ night I wash my face with Clean & Clear and philosophy products (just started) my face has cleared....im happy.
Softerlove
Thanks 4 sharing all that info! It helps when making decisions about what will help us.

Were u using the very same things (Clean & Clear benzol 10% + 1 a day Super B complex, @ night I wash my face with Clean & Clear)on your face when using the BSS bottle as well as the ULTA bottle?

I'm trying to see if the new topicals (clean and clear and philosophy stuff) is what's clearing your face, or the new ULTA pills.

Ladies Costsell at Amazon.com finally wrote back and resolved to send a free shipping label and apologized for the pills.

I'm reading and wondering is there really a difference. When some say they taste different or if they broke out with one and not the other, yeah that's EXTREMELY helpful because there's a difference.

Softerlove
Thanks 4 sharing all that info! It helps when making decisions about what will help us.

Were u using the very same things (Clean & Clear benzol 10% + 1 a day Super B complex, @ night I wash my face with Clean & Clear)on your face when using the BSS bottle as well as the ULTA bottle?

I'm trying to see if the new topicals (clean and clear and philosophy stuff) is what's clearing your face, or the new ULTA pills.

Hi! chicha

Just so im clear, I've ben using the same Super B complex, not B12 (that was a typo that another poster caught).
BSS Nioxin:
I tried 2% salycylic acid products with NO luck.
Then I switched to 10% benzol products.
Slight improvement.

ULTA nioxin
Stated on 10% benzol from clean & clear-> some improvement
Added philosophy (the scrub/one step cleanser/moisterizer) & my face looks better. I'm not saying it was the philosophy, but something changed and whatever it specifically was im not sure. Either the new Nioxin or philisophy encorporated.
I bought everything on sale, even the philosophy (tv show deal)

d0362de6-be4e-d20a.jpg

d0362de6-be64-670e.jpg

d0362de6-be77-aaf6.jpg

Ill attach pics of what I use

ETA: resize pics

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but I am finding I am breaking out more since I got the Utra Nioxin. Tough to say definitively.

I don't know whether it's coincidence or not, but I am finding I am breaking out more since I got the Utra Nioxin. Tough to say definitively.

Yep! I re-broke outside when I switched. But the difference was that the breakouts subsided.

I offically got annoyed when this happened. If they were formulated the same, then why would my breakouts increase? I'm just greatful that they are going away/ responding to the clean and clear and philosophy.

I'm oily, but before biotin (tried 2000mg, then switched to nioxin) I had great skin.

It just stinks because at my age and career, I feel odd having acne.

But my new regimen is working.

ETA: the breakouts are going away & I feel smoother on the new nioxin. On the old nioxin they just got les, but were not going away.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

Yep! I re-broke outside when I switched. But the difference was that the breakouts subsided.

I offically got annoyed when this happened. If they were formulated the same, then why would my breakouts increase? I'm just greatful that they are going away.

I'm oily, but before biotin (tried 2000mg, then switched to nioxin) I haf great skin.

It just stinks because at my age and career, I feel odd having acne.

But my new regimen is working.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

The weird thing is I am taking a 5000 mcg Biotin tablet WITH the Nioxin. The only thing I can think of is I was doing more skin peels early on. Will see if doing one this week makes a difference.

Adult acne is a part of life unfortunately.

I'm happy to report that my capsule are fine and that I have gain 1 inch...During month 3 I was stretching out in order not miss out and make sure i still had some left before I receive my new bottle.

Back