Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Regarding the cracked pills situation. I feel I need to come out of lurkdom. I was taking these pills 2 a day for 2 months and my hair grew it's thickest and gained what appears to be 2 1/2 inches in length. Every pill was cracked. My head was constantly itching and nails long. I ran out of money and had to go off for a few months.

Now I'm back on it and all the pills are in tact no cracks except a few that have cracks around the edges. I have no itches, my nails do look good though. I am taking one a day along with a 10,000mcg biotin pill. I have been taking them for 2 weeks now. I will update you if there is any change. The cracked pills gave me itches after 1 week. Hmmm don't know what to make of that. I feel like someone is trying to derail this progress, my hair looks and feels the best it's ever looked.

Sallys is not an authorized seller and ulta does not have them online Kalia1

to be honest i had a convo with my boyfriend about and his response was you have to remember these people buy these things at a wholesale price and you buying for so cheap is making Nioxin lose money so they will tell you that its ineffective and im considering keeping my last bottle shoots its only $20 but im still ordering hairfinity

I just opened a 90 ct. Bottle and have 1 90 ct. back-up. I'll continue to use them. No problems/issues (also purchased from Costell).:look: Been taking 2 at bedtime. Can't recall whether I've had any cracked, chipped, broken Tablets or not?:perplexed This is about my 3rd bottle. Will finish these up.

I don't think all vendors or sellers of Nioxin is fraud. Some military bx/px sell them and i find them reliable. Imo everyone will never get the same results, your body absorbed what it needs and send nutrition where its needed. If some other part of my body is getting and staying healthy i'm happy, it doesn't have to be my hair. Although they label hair vitamins, it not all true, they are vitamins with nutritional value like all other vitamins: one aday, gnc hairinfinity. The only major difference for hair which is good for skin too msm, and biotin. Be safe, healthy and happy.

Here's my take on this, and I could be wrong. I think in greedy corporate America, it is not what you know they knew, but what you can prove they knew. I believe Nioxin knows about these "unauthorized dealers" and perhaps supplies product to them. The more product they have out there, the more money for them. Is it a knockoff or a bad product? I think a batch went bad and instead of losing money, they shipped it out to the "unauthorized dealers" and by doing so, the deniability clause is in full effect.

If these products are just supposed to be sold by "licensed cosmetologists" and you have salons selling them and stores that have salons onsite, such as Ulta, you know the chances of the product they order to keep up with the supply and demand is no where near what these online vendors are ordering, especially since these stores are following their agreement and not shipping them out. So since I don't believe this is a knock off, I believe it was a bad batch, and Nioxin can make the statement about being old and ineffective by "unauthorized dealers" without any accountability.

Since I love the product, and want the most for my money, I will be going to Ulta. When I say bad batch, I don't mean ineffective. I personally feel some tablets were bad and others weren't as far as not having any blemishes. I'm not knocking anyone who continues to do what you feel you wanna do or what your pockets allow you to do.

Amazon.com subscribe and save instructions.

Please note the prices may be different as these are the numbers/prices on this day and time.

1. Ladies to get to subscribe and save, click on the link below,
Amazon still has them under Subscribe & Save today:

http://www.amazon.com/Nioxin-Intens...sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1314745770&sr=1-1

They had them off of Subscribe & Save yesterday pending inquiry.

2. then you'll see this,

Subscribe & Save at Amazon.com: Get an extra 15% off Amazon.com's current price on this product when you sign up for Subscribe & Save delivery and buy directly from Amazon.com. Subscribe & Save shipping is always free. No fees, no risks, no obligations.

click on the buy directly from Amazon.com link within that message.
Do not click on the

15 new from $20.26
althought it posts cheaper prices. That is not sold from Amazon and therefore will not give you the free shipping and 15% discount. They will add shipping and it will be higher.

3. Once you click on
the buy directly from Amazon.com link you will enter a new page that looks like this page http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001394530/ref=rcxsubs_dp_chrt?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Look to the right and click on the radio button besides

Subscribe & Save:
Save 15%

$22.55

Last edited:
Here's my take on this, and I could be wrong. I think in greedy corporate America, it is not what you know they knew, but what you can prove they knew. I believe Nioxin knows about these "unauthorized dealers" and perhaps supplies product to them. The more product they have out there, the more money for them. Is it a knockoff or a bad product? I think a batch went bad and instead of losing money, they shipped it out to the "unauthorized dealers" and by doing so, the deniability clause is in full effect.

If these products are just supposed to be sold by "licensed cosmetologists" and you have salons selling them and stores that have salons onsite, such as Ulta, you know the chances of the product they order to keep up with the supply and demand is no where near what these online vendors are ordering, especially since these stores are following their agreement and not shipping them out. So since I don't believe this is a knock off, I believe it was a bad batch, and Nioxin can make the statement about being old and ineffective by "unauthorized dealers" without any accountability.

Since I love the product, and want the most for my money, I will be going to Ulta. When I say bad batch, I don't mean ineffective. I personally feel some tablets were bad and others weren't as far as not having any blemishes. I'm not knocking anyone who continues to do what you feel you wanna do or what your pockets allow you to do.

upscale0198 Question. Is Amazon allowed to sell this product or is it only to be sold by certain salons ?

chicha. The bottle says "FOR SALE ONLY BY LICENSED COSMETOLOGISTS" so this should exclude them. The fact that no online sales are supposed to take place, excludes them and everyone else online.

@chicha. The bottle says "FOR SALE ONLY BY LICENSED COSMETOLOGISTS" so this should exclude them. The fact that no online sales are supposed to take place, excludes them and everyone else online.
upscale0198 Sounds like you are on to something.

Where have you purchased from? I'm not sure I want to find then wait for a licensed cosmo to order then get back to me.

I ordered from Amazon and Iwill say they did help my temples. Maybe they weren't at their full potential I dont know. How have you received yours?

Maybe someone with nioxin from salon and amazon or other vendor can compare lt numbers. There should be away to find out if a product is authentic from lot numbers. I agree with poster that said Nioxin releases to others for profits, and maybe someone have bad batch.

chicha. I've only ordered from Amazon.com. I didn't order from their Marketplace Vendors because I felt good about the reputation of Amazon. I have given nothing but praise to these vitamins. I'm on my third bottle. I know my second bottle didn't have any cracks. I looked at them because I read a review about them being cracked from Costell. I ordered again from Amazon because I thought since I hadn't had a problem, surely I'd be fine. This third bottle did have cracks. The aren't on every pill, and when I looked at the expiration date, I didn't let it worry me. My temples grew back in also. Plus, I've never had thick hair, and now I do. I actually thought I had mastered my regimen and was doing the darn thing. Then I was reeled back into reality and realized it was the Nioxin. I'm gonna go to Ulta by Saturday and get three bottles. I just want to get them from authorized dealers. They have them in the salons inside the Super Walmarts, but it is only the 30 count. I'm not going to tell anyone not to purchase these products online. I believe Nioxin is selling them to these merchants. I also believe these particular merchants might sometimes get the "imperfect" batches.

I'm only a LHCF FBI Agent in training. If I had my full credentials, I'd skip my behind over to Cobb County in my black ninja outfit, wait for them to load the trucks, and sneak a peek at the truck manifest. We would know exactly where those shipments are going. :grin:

Several of the post have mentioned:

IF you order from Amazon, you will NOT be able to get any assistance from Nioxin as they do not authorize sales through ANY online vendors.

This is not unusual for a company to not assist you with online purchases. People have mentioned that their warranties were void on many professional products that they purchased from an online vendor.

I could be wrong but I don't think that Nioxin is NOT ready to deal with the on flux of individuals trying to get a refund if they think that they have a bad batch of their product that they have clearly sold to these online vendors.

Last edited:
I just ordered from amazon...directly from them, not vendors. If they are cracked they are going back. Ive been using them since April and I am happy with my results. I will report back.

Ignore my above post, I canceled my amazon order. I went to ULTA and bought the 90 count orgi. 41.99 + 20% off = 31.xx. When online it was a lil cheaper.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G

I order my first two bottles from Amazon and they had cracks in them, but I got growth and I didn't have any ill effects. I haven't taken them in two month though because I was on medication and I was sure how they were going to interact. But, I'm starting my second bottle tomorrow.

Wow, I thought mine were the only ones that had cracks. The majority of them were cracked AND the seal was broken when I got them :nono: so I promptly returned them to Amazon and they sent me a new batch with no cracks free. I didn't know that only cosmetologists could sell them. I'm getting pretty good growth and my nails are phenomenal! I'll just have to see. I'll definitely need to use an Ulta coupon to afford them now. Boo!

So, I took the Nioxin from Ulta exp 3/13, and guess what...it tastes different. Yep, I usually bite my pills before swallowing, and compared to the Nioxin from the BSS, this tastes stronger i guess....None of the pills i have ever taken were expired or cracked, but this made me worry. Anyone have the same experience?

My seal was fine but all of mine were cracked, too. Didn't think anything of it. I know they work because I'm breaking out like crazy. I'm not even going to finish this bottle. My neck is breaking out. My chin. My jawline. The back of my ear. I quit!

So, I took the Nioxin from Ulta exp 3/13, and guess what...it tastes different. Yep, I usually bite my pills before swallowing, and compared to the Nioxin from the BSS, this tastes stronger i guess....None of the pills i have ever taken were expired or cracked, but this made me worry. Anyone have the same experience?

I noticed that my tablets from Ulta actually say Nioxin. The ones from Amazon did not. not good.

soooo is the nioxin direct from Amazon.com (not a 3rd party seller) legit? Mine have 'NIOXIN' on the pill and all the pills were all in tact...

Back