Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Has anyone seen a reduction in shedding? Not breaking as shedding is long strands falling out from the scalp and its an internal problem. Like to know if these vits are that strong.

I've seen a drastic reduction in shedding and for me it was almost immediate. Everytime I washed my hair I'd have a huge glob of hair sitting on top of the drain, that i had to move to the side with my foot to keep from having to "swim" in the shower.

After about 3 days on the vitamins, I washed again and was pleasently surprised to find not even 1/3 of the shedding I had before and about 4 days after that, I didn't see any shedding at all.

I recently had to start taking a supplement that really helps the pain in my back, but it also started making my hair fall out terribly. With these vitamins I now have the best of both worlds.

Just MY experience yours may be different. :yep:

Last edited:
Y'all are making this soooooo hard for me
The thick full edges comment almost sent me ova the edge.
1/4 of an inch didn't help matters...t-r-y-i-n t-ooooo h-o-l-d-dddd outttttttt

I'm not trying to break your hold Br*nzeb but i lost my edges do to post partum shedding and ive been taking them for three weeks now and i swear my edges have completely filled in...

*Shreeks* I think I'm getting a little growth spurt. I'm not gonna lie, these vitamins gave me acne. Probably from taking 2 a day. Hairfinity messed up the left side of my chin, and Nioxin messed up the right side. I think that part is over, but now I have dark spots, very tiny though. I got my roots colored on March 4th, took my first dose on March 19th and this picture is from April 16th, so I'll probably post an updated picture on May 19th (2 months).

DSC02559.jpg

Wow @ your growth :spinning:
Wow @ your hair color :lick:
Wow@ your skin. It looks flawless to me!

I love proof pics!!

Okay,these pills are breaking me out slightly. The breakouts have been manageable so far,but if they start getting out of hand,I'm quitting these until the winter. It's about to start getting sweltering around here,and I can't do both sweatier,more oily skin,on top of acne. If the breakouts curb,then I'm good.

Oh Good Lord, that's just what I need, LadyAmani - three weeks and you've got results? I know what post partum edge-shedding will do...

Where's the best place to buy these vits? And by best I mean cheapest.

I'm not trying to break your hold Br*nzeb but i lost my edges do to post partum shedding and ive been taking them for three weeks now and i swear my edges have completely filled in...

vs 4/25

i hope you can see the diff between black and red, because my hair was freshly washed and the red was darker...as you can see nioxin has done nothing for my nails yet, but i think i see a difference in my hair

iri9109 Great progress...I see a difference/I see growth...

Happy Hair Growing!

I came home to find my Nioxin order in my mailbox today.:yahoo: I hope I can get good growth with these.:look: I'm in braids now but I'll give you guys an update in a few weeks.

Previous post

Update pics- been a full month and based on my starting pic, I think I have a full inch of growth.

Starting pic from 3/27
IMG151-1-1.jpg

4/25
IMG202-1-1.jpg

Right at 4.75 inches- line is marked w/an eyebrow pencil
IMG207-1.jpg

I'm on the master cleanse and will resume nioxin in about a week or two:wave:

I'm surprised these pills don't have iron in them. Is anyone taking iron pills with there Nioxin?

CurlyMoo - i'm taking an iron supplement because i learned that an iron deficiency can cause shedding and my diet has been crap for months...also taking a multivitamin because of this. i am blood work done to follow up on my suspected iron deficiency. at any rate, my hair isn't shedding as much but still is somewhat. it's been like this for a few months now so my hair has thinned out. does anyone know how long it'll take me to bounce back.

i've been taking nioxin for 3 weeks and definitely notice an increase in new growth:yep:

I'm surprised these pills don't have iron in them. Is anyone taking iron pills with there Nioxin?

I take my regular multi, which has iron. I'm anemic so I can't not take them, and I haven't had any issues with breakouts or anything like that.

Previous post

Update pics- been a full month and based on my starting pic, I think I have a full inch of growth.

Starting pic from 3/27
IMG151-1-1.jpg

4/25
IMG202-1-1.jpg

Right at 4.75 inches- line is marked w/an eyebrow pencil
IMG207-1.jpg

I'm on the master cleanse and will resume nioxin in about a week or two:wave:

omnipadme Congrats on reaching a inch...Great growth...

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm off Nioxin. Took it for 3 1/2 weeks I tried to hang but the break outs never stopped.Biotin an I don't get along. I really wanted to keep going. Good luck ladies!

@CurlyMoo - i'm taking an iron supplement because i learned that an iron deficiency can cause shedding and my diet has been crap for months...also taking a multivitamin because of this. i am blood work done to follow up on my suspected iron deficiency. at any rate, my hair isn't shedding as much but still is somewhat. it's been like this for a few months now so my hair has thinned out. does anyone know how long it'll take me to bounce back.

i've been taking nioxin for 3 weeks and definitely notice an increase in new growth:yep:

Within six weeks you should start to see a change at your roots, If you are consistent with taking your iron.

It also depends on how bad your iron deficiency is. My hemoglobin was really bad at 7.3 and I was basically going bald (July 2010). Most of the hair that I lost has grown back.:yep: (My hair is 3 inches long)

It will take longer for you to see the change in your hair length since hair grows at about 1/2 inch per month.

Last edited:
People keep telling me that my hair has grown since the beginning of the month but I'm not really sure since my hair looks bigger depending on what products I use...I just took pics today and am going to be better about monitoring progress in May.

I am still bummed about my skin breakout :cry2: I was just getting over the biotin breakout disaster and my skin was completely clear/glowing from taking the Nioxin once a day. Then I upped to 2/day and breakout city again SMH I just want my clear skin back :nono: I think anything over minimal amounts of biotin just doesn't agree with my skin :sad: But all you ladies gorgeous hair pics/excellent growth make me wish I could stick with the 2/day regimen...sorry to be Debbie Downer, I just hate having pimply skin! Plus, I am a picker and I now have scars from this latest breakout :sad: But things are going to turn around, I know it :yep: Just gotta be patient

Ingredients for those who are curious -

INGREDIENTS: VITAMIN A (AS RETINYL ACETATE), VITAMIN C (AS ASCORBIC ACID), VITAMIN D (AS CHOLECALCIFEROL),
VITAMIN B1 (AS THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE), VITAMIN B2 (AS RIBOFLAVIN-5-PHOSPHATE), NIACIN (AS NIACINAMIDE), VITAMIN
B6 (AS PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE), FOLIC ACID, VITAMIN B12 (AS CYANOCOBALAMIN), BIOTIN, PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS
D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE), ZINC (AS ZINC OXIDE).
PROPRIETARY BLEND: WILD YAM (ROOT), SARSPARILLA (ROOT), STINGING NETTLE (ROOT) EXTRACT, OAT (AERIAL PARTS)
EXTRACT, PYGEUM (BARK), SAW PALMETTO (BERRIES), BLADDERWRACK (WHOLE FORM), UBIQUINONE (RICE HYDROLYZED/
UBIDECARENONE), TOCOTRIENOLS, PHYTOSTEROL COMPLEX.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CALCIUM SILICATE, CROSCARMELLOSE
SODIUM, STEARIC ACID, HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, SILICON DIOXIDE, TRIACETIN, FD&C
YELLOW #6 ALUMINUM LAKE, FD&C YELLOW #5 ALUMINUM LAKE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE.

UK ladies, has anyone noticed that Holland&Barrett's Skin.Hair.Nails has the EXACT same vitamins included? I started this today, will report back in a month to see what happens :yep:

Sorry I took so long to post ladies. Here are the pics as promised:yep: sorry for the poor lighting in the second pic, I took it at night. These pics are 4 days apart..the first is from 4/18 the second from 4/22

Attachments

• 4118.jpg
    4118.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 4222.jpg
    4222.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Back