Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Lita

That conditioner sounds interesting. I definitely need something to thicken up my hair.

I do think that the nioxin is thickening my hair up. My hairline is growing in like crazy.

Lita

That conditioner sounds interesting. I definitely need something to thicken up my hair.

I do think that the nioxin is thickening my hair up. My hairline is growing in like crazy.

growinghealthyhair If you decide to try it..Make sure you use it in your finale step/On your scalp only & use a moisturizer as your rinse...

*After I Dc/I apply it to my scalp for 3min & have my moisturizing rinse on my length/wash..This way I don't experience any drying...YOUR SCALP WILL TINGLE a lot...lol

Keep Us Posted...

Happy Hair Growing!

How did the Maxi-hair work for you? I have a bottle that I'm still trying to take on a regular basis.

ojemba Pretty well, my nails grew in faster and much stronger. My new growth was thicker than usual; my hairdresser remarked during my last touch up that my new growth was a bit more resistant. As for increased growth... jury is still out on that one. I grew an inch over 10 weeks during my last stretch. It was increase from MY natural rate but brought me to average rate of half an inch a month.

Still taking 2/day...I can't post pics bc I am in HYH challenge. But I will post my starting/current pics after my BC June 1 & see if there is a difference :yep:

I might be jumping off the Nioxin wagon... It's been 3 weeks at 2 a day an I just started breaking out like crazy. I'll up my water intake and cut down to 1 a day to see if it stops. Also taking a vitamin B complex with it. My nails are growing like crazy an It seems I'm shaving more often. We will see...

My pkg should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try them lol. Actually, I can't wait for the healthy nail growth, the extra hair growth is an added plus.

I want to they the Nioxin Scalp conditioner to thicken up my hair, but I don't want my hair to shed like crazy after I stop using it:look:

I may be off the Nioxin bandwagon as well..I had clear skin when I started, now my cheeks look like they have broken out in hives. Maybe it's the biotin my body doesn't like but I know one thing, I'm not going to experiment long enough with it to find out. If anyone wants this bottle feel free to PM me. It's the 90capsule size purchased from amazon.com.

Wow I had no idea that this thread was still going!! I'm glad you ladies had success with the product.
Although I haven't been taking them like I used to I still have had alot of growth. I got a relaxer on 3/20 and by last week I needed another. My hairstylist was like no you don't need another relaxer but then she felt my hair and was like well yeah thats new growth.
I'm going to stack other products with the nioxin to see if I get more growth. Theres this hair oil that I took with H37 and my hair took off...this was years ago so I'm going to give that a try. I have to do some more reasearching first.....

I want to they the Nioxin Scalp conditioner to thicken up my hair, but I don't want my hair to shed like crazy after I stop using it:look:

Qualitee I have been using it off & on and have not experience any additional shedding..... Keep us posted/if you decided to try it..

Happy Hair Growing!

Just purchased 90 count bottle on amazon, saved 15% with the Subscribe & Save option so my total came to $22.51. It should arrive this Wednesday, can't wait!

I bought these today, but I'm still recovering from my biotin breakout. I stopped one week ago, and my cheeks and sideburns are still broken out. I'm 24, this is not cute. I have 30 tablets, ilk try and hope.

Anyone know how to recover from biotin acne? Its been a week and I'm still broken out. And I've upped my water.

Sent from my MyTouch 4 G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I bought these today, but I'm still recovering from my biotin breakout. I stopped one week ago, and my cheeks and sideburns are still broken out. I'm 24, this is not cute. I have 30 tablets, ilk try and hope.

Anyone know how to recover from biotin acne? Its been a week and I'm still broken out. And I've upped my water.

Applying pure EV Coconut oil to my face twice a day helped me

I've tried Nioxin before and they worked well. But....I've been taking the Phytopharene Dietary Supplements by Phyto over the last several months and I must say they work much better in my opinion. Not only have I noticed hair growth but my eyebrows and lashes too, not to mention my nails.

I am getting nervous about doing 2/day. I am starting to notice a few pimples & the crazy breakouts is what stopped me from taking biotin (5 mg). I was taking Nioxin (1/day) and having no breakouts...as a matter of fact, my skin was looking fabulous! It was glowing...but I have been taking 2/day for a little over a week & I am starting to get a breakout. I may have to drop back down to 1/day to save my skin :nono: But I guess maybe I shouldn't be so impatient about wanting immediate hair growth! It ain't worth my skin :look: So I'll give it a little more time & up my water intake. If my face gets worse, then I am going back to the suggested dosage :yep: Sidenote: 1 tablet has 3 mg biotin, so doubling the dose means I am getting 6mg/day, instead of the 5 mg I was taking alone. I was hoping the b vitamins in Nioxin would diminish this effect, but maybe not :sad:

My skin is usually very, very smooth, but I have noticed a few bumps here and there. I'm not stressing too much because they are pretty small and easily disguised and I am hoping they will improve with an increase in water intake (I do admit that I haven't been drinking quite as much as usually - around 8 as opposed to 11-12 cups that I usually drink). I am hoping that once I get back to my usual intake, these small ones will vanish but I don't think I will increase to 2/day. I think I will just assess my hair when I am finished with the two bottles I have and see if they are worth continuing. If not, I probably won't repurchase, and I definitely am not going to twice a day if it's going to give me acne!

Okay ladies, I received and have been taking my vitamins 2x a day since last week [can't remember if it was Tuesday or Thrusday] but my scalp has been sore/tinglely for the past two to three days and I can already feel new growth. I got my hair relaxed bone straight on Wednesday.

Can't wait to see what a whole month produces :grin:

FxDiva

Hey ladies so I've been taking nioxin 2x daily consistently for a little over 2 weeks now and boy does my scalp itch something fierce. I almost want to wash my hair everyday becasue It drives me bananas while I'm at work. This better be some super growth coming in because I'm all up in my wig and I hope my coworkers don't see me :ohwell: :look:

Have you tried supplementing the biotin with Super B Complex?? I read this recommendation in a LHCF thread and have not had any breakouts...

Just received my nioxin today....so I'll be back with an update if I get any super growth..only taking it as prescribed though..I'll be patient:drunk:

Hey ladies just checking in. I'm at the one month mark and so far its okay. I do have some new growth but its not a large amount. I'm hanging in there at 2 a day everyday : ) I can't wait til I hit the 3 month mark. My nails are def the strongest they've ever been. I have also experienced a small increase of hair growing faster on other areas of my body. My sis ordered hairfinity so I will monitor her growth to see how that works for her. Hhg : )

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

I am getting nervous about doing 2/day. I am starting to notice a few pimples & the crazy breakouts is what stopped me from taking biotin (5 mg). I was taking Nioxin (1/day) and having no breakouts...as a matter of fact, my skin was looking fabulous! It was glowing...but I have been taking 2/day for a little over a week & I am starting to get a breakout. I may have to drop back down to 1/day to save my skin :nono: But I guess maybe I shouldn't be so impatient about wanting immediate hair growth! It ain't worth my skin :look: So I'll give it a little more time & up my water intake. If my face gets worse, then I am going back to the suggested dosage :yep: Sidenote: 1 tablet has 3 mg biotin, so doubling the dose means I am getting 6mg/day, instead of the 5 mg I was taking alone. I was hoping the b vitamins in Nioxin would diminish this effect, but maybe not :sad:

I'm pretty sure that Nioxin vitamins only have 300 micrograms (0.3 milligrams) of biotin where most people that take biotin are taking 5 milligrams. So the Nioxin has a very small amount of biotin (even if taking 2 daily) versus the 5 mg biotin.

I take 2 nioxin daily and a 5 milligram biotin daily and have no breakouts but I also take a Stress B complex with it as well.

I once asked a GNC associate if they carried anything similar to Nioxin Recharging Vitamins and showed him the ingredients on my bottle. He said that GNC didn't but the herbs used in Nioxin's proprietary blend (saw palmetto, oat, stinging nettle, etc) were DHT-blockers. DHT-blockers are known ingredients in many hair-regrowth systems. All the other ingredients could be found in any other multi-vitamin/ hair vitamin he said.

Hair REgrowth systems. Not hair growth systems.

This is for people with androgenic alopecia or hormonal hair loss for ex: PCOS, male and female pattern baldness, after birth thinning. It helps to regrow their hair with hormonal altering herbs.

These things do nothing for you if you don't have these issues. Because your hormones don't need altering.

Back