Newly engaged!

Minx

Good morning, ladies

The development of this forum was right on time for me:
I just got engaged last Friday (March 4th)!!!!!:rosebud:

I had no idea my fiance(then boyfriend) was gonna propose when he did; we have talked about marriage, but I didn't have a clue as to when he would actually get down on bended knee and ask for my hand in marriage.:love4:

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!:grin:

We are planning to get married on the beach next August.

I was just online looking at wedding planning tips, so I will be checking in here from time to time to get some ideas and pointers.

Blessings,
Minx

:lachen::lachen::lachen: You ladies are so funny!

Okay, so my fiance and I have been dating about 5 1/2 years; we are in a long distance relationship, and we usually plan weekends together at least once a month.

Well on this particular weekend, he told me he wanted us to spend some time alone(I have two teenagers) and he would get us a nice hotel suite for the weekend. He told me he'd pick me up Friday night after I got off work; I agreed and thought it was business as usual.

Well, that day, I had been out of town at a business conference and all I wanted to do was get home, get out of my suit and relax. I was kinda beat, so I got comfortable in some sweats and a t-shirt. I called him, he was already on the way, and told him I didn't feel like going out; that we should just stay in.

He pulled up to my place around 9:45pm and called me on the phone to come to the door.

I got to the door and he has a bouquet of roses for me :rosebud:(and a card).

I said, "Awwww that's so sweet! You brought me flowers!!! Why'd you do that; you didn't have to do that....."
Now keep in mind, I felt shabby cause I was just lounging and not looking cute.:ohwell:

I invited him in and told him I was going to put the roses in some water.

When I came back, he was standing in the living room and said, "Aren't you gonna read the card?"

I was like, "Oh, oh yeah, I didn't even realize there was a card....sure, let me read it."

So I turned to open the card(not sure why I turned to the side, guess I thought I would cry if he wrote something sweet!)

And I read the card which said simply, "I love you(my full name here)."

I was a little stumped and thought to myself "Okaaayyyy....."

So I said to him, without looking at him, "It just says I love you....":look:

He goes, "That's right, I love you...."

And at that moment, I turned around, and he was down on one knee with the box open; I saw this beautiful diamond ring and he said, "Will you take my hand in marriage?":heart2:

I. was. stunned.!!!!

I was like, "What!? Wait, what?! What are you doing???!!! What?? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!!..."(I was so excited and in shock; I started shaking).

And he just held that position until I finally said, "Yes, of course ; of course I'll marry you!!!"

And he got up, looked me in the eyes, smiled and gave me the deepest most passionate kiss ever :drunk:.....

Well, we stayed at my place that night but the next morning we left my house for our engagement weekend getaway.

Ladies, let me tell you, this man planned the whole thing so elegantly; I was so impressed, it felt like we were on our honeymoon! :dinner:

But I won't go into detail now since this is a little long; I can do that another time.

Have a great day!

Minx

What a beautiful engagement story! Thank you for sharing that. There are still warm, romantic, loving men out there:yep:. Congratulations!

That was one of the cutest engagement stories i've read in a long time :).
Congrats!
Do u have pics of the ring?

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

How sweet!!!!!! What a lovely and thoughtful proposal! Thanks for sharing and congratulations again!!!

I love happy stories!

Hey there!
Sorry I haven't checked back in a while.

As soon as I can get another digital camera(mine is broke!) I will post a pic of my ring.

I love it!

Minx

Back