Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

I'm counting my sister in. When I first joined this site I tried to also tell her how to take care of her hair. She didn't listen, but I think she's listening now. We did a rollerset yesterday and it came out very nice. I'll sit with her a little later and talk about and post the regimen, and I'll also upload the pics we took.

Cant wait 2 c the pics

Photo1TWAsmall.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay, I figured it out. :yep: Yay! This is the huge picture of my little TWA I'm trying to grow into a big afro, pony puff this year. I hope I can, I hope I can...

I like the afro I can already tell how amazing it will be when its bigger... Hope we'll be able to c it every step of the way

velvet.jpg

Outre Velvet Remi :lick:. I get the yaki in a 10 inch, the length is good and I have been using this SAME :blush: hair since October....:grin: its been a sew-in a wig and its another sew-in!! The cost online is more expensive than the BSS. HTH. Let me take a picture...BRB

Okay. thanks. I am attempting a braid out tonight. If it turns out right i'll post those tomorrow. :grin:

velvet.jpg

Outre Velvet Remi :lick:. I get the yaki in a 10 inch, the length is good and I have been using this SAME :blush: hair since October....:grin: its been a sew-in a wig and its another sew-in!! The cost online is more expensive than the BSS. HTH. Let me take a picture...BRB

That is a greatttt brand to do a full sew in with... I used it in the past n lovedddd it

Last edited:
Posted my new siggie with the new length pics! Got my hair health under control, now it's on to the length. BSL by end of '08...that's my goal...:yep:

Your page is so wonderful. I love how healthy your hair looks. Once i get mine on track, i'm going to set me up a Fotki page. :grin:

I am definitely in! I am transitioning and my last relaxer was Oct 15. I have about 3” of new growth and I’m trying to stay strong; I have a tendency to be veeery impatient and give up easily. However, I have decided that 2008 is the year of change and I’m in my way (I‘m also on the health-freak/workout bandwagon)!
I keep my hair in a bun at all times when I’m out in public and put it in a bonnet as soon I get home. I wash hair every Thursday and deep condition as well. I moisturize and seal with oil morning and night. That’s it. I leave my hair alone and it has been working like a charm thus far.
My longest layers are 2-3" fron APL.

Thank you Pr3tty for making this thread.

Happy growing ladies :meme:

Ur welcome:grin:... Ur NG is amazing... What r u using??

Thanks! :grin:

Ok...let's see about the acronyms::spinning:
SL= Shoulder Length
APL= Arm Pit length
MN = Miconazole Nitrate (like monistat, supposed to be a growth agent)
MTG=Main Tail Groom (or something like that, Made by Glover's, it's another growth agent that is traditionally used for horses, but started out as a people product)
MBL = Mid Back Length
BSL=Bra Strap Length
Cones= Silicones, debate as to whether products containing these are good for your hair or not
Niko's Cousin=Nikos Dimopoulos is the site administrator for the page (see very bottom of webpage), so the code for ladies on the forum is "Nikos' Cousin" :lachen:
pre-poo=adding an agent to your hair to let it saturate before washing
co-wash=instead of using shampoo to wash hair, use conditioner (supposed to be less stringent and drying for frequent washers)
ACV=Apple Cider Vinegar. (Supposed to be good for scalp or growth or something. People mix it with other natural ingredients and use as a rinse and I think I read some folks also drink it to promote healthy hair and scalp and to promote growth)
BC=Big Chop. Ladies who are "transitioning" from a relaxer or tex-lax (more texturized relaxer showing more of natural curl) to natural hair will often grow out their new growth to a manageable length and then BC all the relaxed ends off instead of growing out new growth gradually and cutting a little at a time, retaining length.
NG=New Growth

Let me know if you have another one and I think we can figure it out...

That was great. Well said

Thanks! :grin:

Ok...let's see about the acronyms::spinning:
SL= Shoulder Length
APL= Arm Pit length
MN = Miconazole Nitrate (like monistat, supposed to be a growth agent)
MTG=Main Tail Groom (or something like that, Made by Glover's, it's another growth agent that is traditionally used for horses, but started out as a people product)
MBL = Mid Back Length
BSL=Bra Strap Length
Cones= Silicones, debate as to whether products containing these are good for your hair or not
Niko's Cousin=Nikos Dimopoulos is the site administrator for the page (see very bottom of webpage), so the code for ladies on the forum is "Nikos' Cousin" :lachen:
pre-poo=adding an agent to your hair to let it saturate before washing
co-wash=instead of using shampoo to wash hair, use conditioner (supposed to be less stringent and drying for frequent washers)
ACV=Apple Cider Vinegar. (Supposed to be good for scalp or growth or something. People mix it with other natural ingredients and use as a rinse and I think I read some folks also drink it to promote healthy hair and scalp and to promote growth)
BC=Big Chop. Ladies who are "transitioning" from a relaxer or tex-lax (more texturized relaxer showing more of natural curl) to natural hair will often grow out their new growth to a manageable length and then BC all the relaxed ends off instead of growing out new growth gradually and cutting a little at a time, retaining length.
NG=New Growth

Let me know if you have another one and I think we can figure it out...

Thank you soo much!! because I was so lost on some of these post. Like "what are they talking about lol" Now I will be in on the convo yayy:grin:

I just joined today and I would like to join this challenge so count me in. Let's do this ladies! All ladies for healthy long hair :grin: get in where you fit in

So I just send DH to the store to get ORS Hair Mayo and Silicon mix. He is mad bc he thinks I have a problem. lol
Im jus gonna ignore him and keep buying till I know what my hair likes and can only use those until then he's gonna have to hide the money and cards...

So I just send DH to the store to get ORS Hair Mayo and Silicon mix. He is mad bc he thinks I have a problem. lol
Im jus gonna ignore him and keep buying till I know what my hair likes and can only use those until then he's gonna have to hide the money and cards...

Hehehe. My mom has been looking at me so crazy these past few weeks. I just smile and continue with my process of finding what my hair likes. And its loving these co-washes. My hair feels so soft and my color is like ultra shiny. :grin:

Im pre-pooing right now with silicon mix and my mega thick DC mix 2gether with a little oil I have the bag over it. Im going to keep it like this for 45 mins

Hi All,:wave:
I hope I am not too late.I've been lurking for awhile. So,her goes.
Here is what's working for me now:

1. 1T baking soda in 2 cups of warm water(rinse) minutes
2. 1/4C ACV in warm water(rinse)...1-3 minutes
3. Porosity Control or French Perm Stabilizer Plus Approx. ph2.5(rinse)..1-3 minutes
4.cheapier conditioner...1-3 minutes(whatever's on the shelf)
5.leave in(still searching):ohwell:
6.EVOO or coconut oil
7.IC heat protector straightening serum(pink)
8.air dry

Weekly: I henna once a week(1 hr no heat) and DC(step5)still searching:detective:..I indigo after henna for 1 hr w/heat as needed.

hairpic009.jpg

hairpic002.jpg

3. Porosity Control or French Perm Stabilizer Plus Approx. ph2.5(rinse)..1-3 minutes
6.EVOO or coconut oil
8.air dry

Weekly: I henna once a week(1 hr no heat) and DC(step5)still searching:detective:..I indigo after henna for 1 hr w/heat as needed.

hairpic009.jpg

hairpic002.jpg

Welcome!!!! Your hair looks so nice.

Hi everyone,
At the moment I don't have any particular products that I want to try. The week before last I wanted to try castor oil and I started using it, adding it to a bottle of coniditioner Black & Beautiful (Organic) Tea Tree Conditioner and use it as a pre-poo, no heat, I just leave it overnight. I am willing to try and product that will give me intense moisture, if anyone knows of any such poduct, PLEASE let me know thanx. I am listed as having 4a type hair but after close observation I have two types of hair texture, I guess 4b. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream always provided me with the most moisture. It's a little pricey though. My friend uses Wave Nouveau lotion and it has really helped her with her dryness, if you wanna try the cheaper route. How is the castor oil working for you?

FindingMe...You are my new hairspiration and I'm off to look at your fotki.

Pr3tty, thanks so much for creating this challenge! It's really helping me to stay on track, even though I tend to lurk more than I post. :yawn:

Welcome to all the new challenge members!!!

6.EVOO or coconut oil
8.air dry

hairpic009.jpg

hairpic002.jpg

Welcome and I luv ur hair

Haha you let him know you are obsessed & you do have a problem, w/ dry crackly hungry hair on your head!

Hey, what does DH mean. (:lachen: im sucha newbie)

Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream always provided me with the most moisture. It's a little pricey though. My friend uses Wave Nouveau lotion and it has really helped her with her dryness, if you wanna try the cheaper route. How is the castor oil working for you?

FindingMe...You are my new hairspiration and I'm off to look at your fotki.

Pr3tty, thanks so much for creating this challenge! It's really helping me to stay on track, even though I tend to lurk more than I post. :yawn:

Welcome to all the new challenge members!!!

Ur Welcome and I too loveeeeeeeeeeeees this challenge. We have some of the best ladies in this challenge

lol, where do you upload them to? Because most places have a resize option. But they aren't too big. They're just right. :grin:
I upload to photobucket. I edited selecting the thumbnail size.

OMG :nono::nono::nono: evidently my siggy picture is huge as well .I tried to edit via the CP but was unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I upload to photobucket. I edited selecting the thumbnail size.

OMG :nono::nono::nono: evidently my siggy picture is huge as well .I tried to edit via the CP but was unsuccessful. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I go to Tinypic.com. I upload mine there. I just resize it. ITs really easy.

6.EVOO or coconut oil
8.air dry

hairpic009.jpg

hairpic002.jpg

Your hair is lovely!!!:yep: WELCOME!!! What does the baking soda and ACV rinses do for you? Is it like a clarifier?

Haha you let him know you are obsessed & you do have a problem, w/ dry crackly hungry hair on your head!

Hey, what does DH mean. (:lachen: im sucha newbie)

I think that's just internet talk, kinda like "LOL"!:grin: I think it's:

DH=Dear/Darling Husband
DD=Dear/Darling Daughter
DS=Dear/Darling Son
SO=Significant Other

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong-:spinning:

Last edited:
Back