Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hope it's not too late, but I'd love to join in on this challenge. I definitely can use the support.

I am currently neck length and have gone through a lot of challlenges in the past with dry scalp and breakage. My hair type is a 4a/b relaxed. I have thick coarse hair and just recently started to take care of my own hair. I usually go to the beautician, but now I've decided to maintain it myself and only visit the salon for a relaxer.

My current regimen is:

Wash 1x/week as follows:

Prepoo:

ORS Hair Mayo or QH Cholesterol (alternating between the two each week) for 15 min.

Shampoo:

Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo

Condition:

Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Conditioner on scalp for 5 min.
Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor for 5 min. (alternating weeks)
Keracare Humecto 20 min under dryer

Roller wrap with Keracare Hairdress, Keracare Jojoba oil moisturizing lotion and serum.

I'm up for the challenge! I will post pics soon as I figure out how.

:hair: Hey Ladies checking in! I went to the Bronner Brothers Hair Show this weekend, first time and I am happy to report I was able to get some great products for great prices:grin:. I bought a Nairobi Relaxer kit with LOTS of products for a whopping $25.00:yep:...I cant wait to relax....yes, I can cause I am stretching.....:perplexed....Anyhooo, I realized that my cuz (a licensed stylist) relaxes her cleints at 4 and 6 weeks, I was like WHAT:censored:?!?!?!

I am learning to stop telling everyone what I am doing so that I dont offend the 'Professionals':bookworm:. Since I just started on my hair journey she is FAR from a believer in my methods, she did bend a little and bought the Aphogee Essential Oils, I cant wait to travel to her side of the country this summer and my hair is hanggan down my back!! :lachen:

Welcome miami74 and sydney100!

Beautifullyblack, I am going to have to try this this summer when I am doing my braidouts and stretching my relaxers!! THX!

Inana04, I have no idea what the shedding means. Sorry.

Daephae, I can't wait to see pics!

Well, here the pics go. This is my sister and I did the rollerset. She's going to let me take care of her hair from now on.

progress-vi.jpg

rollers-vi.jpg

afterset-vi.jpg

ITA!! ("I totally agree" for my fellow newbies!:lachen:) Thanks Fiya'slovechild for keeping us on Page 1 and not so much for making me want to get color in my hair, which is a nono for me! :drunk:

:lachen: Sorry!!!!!!!!! But you're making me want to change back to black for real. And welcome to all the new people who are joining the challenge. :grin:

Ladies is it too late to join?? :look::look::look:I would love too!!:grin::grin:

I dont have a reggie yet:wallbash: but i am working on it!! just want long healthy hair!!:yawn:

Nice rollerset!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:What products did you use?
Did she air dry or sit under hair dryer?

Thanks everyone!

I did the baking soda rinse to clarify, I washed with Tresemme(sp?), deep conditioned with D&L cholesterol, and rolled it with a foam wrap lotion and a little of Dr. Miracles setting lotion. I had a spray bottle filled with water near and sprayed the water on each section before putting the setting lotion on it. She sat under the dryer for 1hr and 30 minutes.

Ladies I had a long day at work today so Im calling it a night early. I will make some time to catch up with everyone tomorrow I promise

I guess b4 I go just to make sure we r all doing what we r suppose to for our hair growing... This week's question will be what did you do to u hair over the weekend? Step by step and the products you used. I would like everyone who said they were in the answer so we can all see what each other is doing. Thanx

Please complete by friday... Thanx again

I hope this works...I know the pic isn't good, its my first, but...

Here is my starting pic

February 11
2r3kn6w.jpg

Hi everyone,
This weekend I put big ugly twist in my hair because my scalp was really irritated, tender and red. I did nothing eles to it. Off the topic, I am trying to get everything in order for my hair, as far as products and a good regime, question is when should I get a protein treatment and what are the benefits to it, and should I get a protein treatment with natural hair?
Thanx

This weekend, I washed with Elasta QP Creme Conditioning poo/CON green mix, DC with NTM mask, then applied H2 Leave in/911, airdried, baggy with a little V05 Champagne Kisses, Africa's best oil. I did this on Saturday and on Sunday I CW with V05. I slacked off my reggy a bit and CW every 2 days and I didn't WDC for a whole week until Saturday. This week, I've been CW every day, and will WDC tonight!

This past weekend I pre poo'd with amla and bhringraj oil, and cleansed with the aritha shampoo bar followed by a amla and shikakai powder rinse. I then conditioned with Joico Intense Hydration and air dried. I moisturized with Kid's Organic Shea Butter and sealed with Vatika oil, put it in one plait and pinned it up to prepare for another week of protective styling. Nothing exciting or cute, just trying to keep up a healthy regime.

Hi everyone,
This weekend I put big ugly twist in my hair because my scalp was really irritated, tender and red. I did nothing eles to it. Off the topic, I am trying to get everything in order for my hair, as far as products and a good regime, question is when should I get a protein treatment and what are the benefits to it, and should I get a protein treatment with natural hair?
Thanx

I'm not natural so I can't answer the last question, but i believe other naturals here do get protein treatments. Your hair is made of protein, so protein is one of the only things that actually attaching itself to your hair and thus makes it stronger. Henna supposedly acts like a protein, Ive never tried it but I want to. Anyways. when your hair feels weak or is breaking when wet you may need a protein treatment. For those who perm, it is good to get a protein treatment a week or so before touch-ups. There are mild protein treatments and then there are strong, intense ones. Some conditioners also have protein in them. Look for amino acid or keratin in the ingredients if it does not specifically say protein. Basically you should get a protein treatment when you feel your hair needs it. Some people alternate between a moisturizer conditioner and a protein conditioner to make sure their hair has the proper balance of both. HTH (Hope this helps!)

ETA (edited to add): Protein is good for your hair but it is also drying. So be careful how you use it and don't overuse it.

This weekend (and every weekend) I prepoo overnight with Soft Sheen Carson Optimum Care conditioner. In the morning I rinsed out the condition and washed my hair once with John Freida shampoo in the black bottle. I then put conditioner and oils on my hair. Covered with a shower cap and sat under the dryer for about 40 minutes. The conditioner was Silk elements revive & restore. The oils was jojoba mixed with peppermint, rosemary, and grapeseed. I put the conditioner on first then covered with oil. I then rinsed out the conditioner and oils, and followed up with a leave-in, liquid hair-mayonnaise. In sections I moisturized my hair with Soft & Beautiful Botanicals lite creme moisturizer. I braided each part and let them airdry. That's it!

This weekend I texlaxed my newgrowth w/ ORS no lye. I baggied my whole head last night w/ Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner and ORS carrot oil creme. I'm wearing my hair in an updo using hair zings.

This weekend I prepoo'd my hair with QH jojoba hot oil and QH cholesterol with a hot towel for 15 min. Then I shampooed with Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Moisturizing Shampoo. Afterwards, I applied Keracare Dry & Itchy Scalp Conditioner directly to my scalp and let it sit for 5 min. and rinsed. I then DC for 20 min with Keracare Humecto with a hot towel. Following all that, I applied a little Keracare leave-in cond, Keracare Jojoba oil lotion and Fantasia Hair polisher. I roller set and sat under the dryer for about 1 hr 20 min. Finally I saran wrapped and sat back under the dryer for 10 min. That was my 2nd week of taking care of my own hair, so I'm getting the hang of it. :rolleyes: I haven't completely mastered rollersetting yet, but I'm sure over time I will. :spinning: I'm enjoying it though.:grin:

This weekend I started doing the "oil rinse", as recommeneded by one of our popular members (gosh I forgot her name :perplexed). The friday, saturday, sunday....even up to now my hair has felt really soft and moisturized. I love it. It's great cause it's been really cold and dry and in the past I've been waking up to dry and crunchy hair....not anymore.

I co wash everyday. At this time I wash only at night. So in the shower, I wet my hair, take a bit of coconut oil (melted in my hands) and rubbed it in all over my hair. At this time I massage my scalp, for like 5 mins or so. Then add a random conditioner to it and massage a litte more. I keep it in while I wash the rest of my body. Then rinse everything out all at once.

So far so good with this method. I use less styling products because my hair seems softer.

Oh I did use shampoo this weekend. It's called Lush Rehab. I only shampoo once a month.

My hair weekend:

Friday: I used coconut milk and Motions Moisture Plus for a prepoo. Then I used Keracare's dry and itchy scalp and hydrating poo, followed by dry and itchy scalp conditioner and Humecto. I did a rollerset and saran wrap treatment. For the rollerset I used Keracare's leave in, hairdress, coconut oil, and Motions serum. My roots were softer, but the edges were poofy.:ohwell:

Sunday: I washed my hair, put all the products in as I would for a rollerset, tied my hair down with a scarf, and let it dry.

This weekend I was SOOOOO lazy. :blush: I did nothing to my hair...but I made sure it was moisturized and protected!! :yawn: In keeping with my hair goals...

I wrapped my hair Friday and Saturday night and wore a silk scarf over the wrap at night those two days. I also wore my hair down both days. :yep: Sunday, I wore up in a pony and wore a satin cap to bed with the ends of my hair rolled under so it would be protected. Monday am, I did my faithful OJON Restorative treatment pre-poo and bunned. I've been wearing a bun yesterday and today and I will wash and rollerset tonight.:spinning: Tuesday is my protein day, so I will probably use Aphogee shampoo and 2 min reconstructor. Still haven't decided how I want to style it yet. (i.e. tight curls, loose curls, rods, braid out, saran wrap...???):rolleyes: So many choices, so little time.:lachen:

This weekend I started doing the "oil rinse", as recommeneded by one of our popular members (gosh I forgot her name :perplexed). The friday, saturday, sunday....even up to now my hair has felt really soft and moisturized. I love it. It's great cause it's been really cold and dry and in the past I've been waking up to dry and crunchy hair....not anymore.

I co wash everyday. At this time I wash only at night. So in the shower, I wet my hair, take a bit of coconut oil (melted in my hands) and rubbed it in all over my hair. At this time I massage my scalp, for like 5 mins or so. Then add a random conditioner to it and massage a litte more. I keep it in while I wash the rest of my body. Then rinse everything out all at once.

So far so good with this method. I use less styling products because my hair seems softer.

Oh I did use shampoo this weekend. It's called Lush Rehab. I only shampoo once a month.

Is that CandyC in the UK? :grin: I was reading some of her stuff and wanted to try these oil rinses and powders as well!! :yep:I have a regimen that's working well right now for my overall hair health, but I was contemplating kickin' it up a notch to try to add some speedy growth. I was wanting to try the ayurvedic stuff, but am too chicken... I'm not good with potions and concoctions... :spinning:

BTW, I LOVE your hair!!! :yep:

Last edited:
I am not at my desk this week so it's hard for me to keep up with what's going on.

This past weekend I actually got a touch-up after 9 weeks of stretching.
I deep conditioned with nexxus humectress for 20 mins
I used Elasta QP Oil Moisture before roller setting it and then sat under the dryer for 30 mins.
I notice my hair is breaking a bit so this weekend I am going to put a protein treatment in my hair and deep condition it for 40 mins

This weekend I texlaxed my newgrowth w/ ORS no lye. I baggied my whole head last night w/ Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner and ORS carrot oil creme. I'm wearing my hair in an updo using hair zings.

How did ur texlaxed turn out. I thinking of doing this in march. Did u take any pics

Back