Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

Hi Newbie here.................as of 2/7/08
I would like to join this challenge!

Most recent length (far right side) taken...1/08

No Set Products really...depends on how I feel (a few are in my Fotki. Currently trying SweetCashew's line....

Hair Stats:
Transitioning to Natural w/o Big Chop
4a/****
Length is below ear (whateva that's called :) )

No Set Regimen REALLY:
Prepoo with oil
Shampoo 1X a week
Condish Wash 3X a week
Deep Condish 1X a week

Growth Aids: (tried them all)
**Back to Boundless Tresses & MN mixture til summer months

Goal: Natural Healthy Hair/Haven't really set a Length GOAL

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I am going to perm next week and i will post my pics then! I'm excited to see if i've had any progress...i will post to my FOTKI though because i'm not sure how to post them in the actual thread! :wallbash::wallbash: (unless someone wouldn't mind enlightening me, that is)

I am going to perm next week and i will post my pics then! I'm excited to see if i've had any progress...i will post to my FOTKI though because i'm not sure how to post them in the actual thread! :wallbash::wallbash: (unless someone wouldn't mind enlightening me, that is)

I would say post it like u did ur signature pic thats the only way i know how 2

I'm counting my sister in. When I first joined this site I tried to also tell her how to take care of her hair. She didn't listen, but I think she's listening now. We did a rollerset yesterday and it came out very nice. I'll sit with her a little later and talk about and post the regimen, and I'll also upload the pics we took.

Sorry, I wasn't sure how to post pics in my message but I"ll give it a try, let's see....
Photo1TWAsmall.jpg

I hope this worked. We'll see...

Photo1TWAsmall.jpg
[/IMG]

Okay, I figured it out. :yep: Yay! This is the huge picture of my little TWA I'm trying to grow into a big afro, pony puff this year. I hope I can, I hope I can...

Sorry it took soooooo long to get my pics up!!! My Computer was acting funky!!!:wallbash: but I took these on Feb 2. I'm still trying to get my regi together I will post it shortly!

Attachments

• HPIM2455.jpg
    HPIM2455.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 6
  • HPIM2463.jpg
    HPIM2463.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I fell off the wig challenge and got a sew-in. Did it myself (my first!!!) and I must say that I am proud of the results :grin:. This sew-in should help a sista stop measuring everyday for a growth spurt and maintain her hur underneath! Post pictures later. Wish me luck!!

I really want to try henna but I'm scared!!! I really like the idea of thickening up my hair. But I've been wanting to try Fantasia IC gel for the longest time and I finally did!!!! I LOVE it!!!!! It helps define my curls whenever I wear a pony puff without making them crunchy or hard. I really want to try it when doing a twistout, hmm......

I fell off the wig challenge and got a sew-in. Did it myself (my first!!!) and I must say that I am proud of the results :grin:. This sew-in should help a sista stop measuring everyday for a growth spurt and maintain her hur underneath! Post pictures later. Wish me luck!!

I've been thinking about getting a sew in myself. What brand did you get?

I really want to try henna but I'm scared!!! I really like the idea of thickening up my hair. But I've been wanting to try Fantasia IC gel for the longest time and I finally did!!!! I LOVE it!!!!! It helps define my curls whenever I wear a pony puff without making them crunchy or hard. I really want to try it when doing a twistout, hmm......

Henna scares me, too. But it does sound good. :look: I'm just not at the point where I can start mixing up stuff to put in my hair. Right now, I have to rely on the R&D of the major hair product companies to give me something packaged. :yep: I have a feeling that if I keep up with this forum, like I've been doing I will be there shortly, though...:lachen:

I've been thinking about getting a sew in myself. What brand did you get?
velvet.jpg

Outre Velvet Remi :lick:. I get the yaki in a 10 inch, the length is good and I have been using this SAME :blush: hair since October....:grin: its been a sew-in a wig and its another sew-in!! The cost online is more expensive than the BSS. HTH. Let me take a picture...BRB

Posted my new siggie with the new length pics! Got my hair health under control, now it's on to the length. BSL by end of '08...that's my goal...:yep:

I am definitely in! I am transitioning and my last relaxer was Oct 15. I have about 3” of new growth and I’m trying to stay strong; I have a tendency to be veeery impatient and give up easily. However, I have decided that 2008 is the year of change and I’m in my way (I‘m also on the health-freak/workout bandwagon)!
I keep my hair in a bun at all times when I’m out in public and put it in a bonnet as soon I get home. I wash hair every Thursday and deep condition as well. I moisturize and seal with oil morning and night. That’s it. I leave my hair alone and it has been working like a charm thus far.
My longest layers are 2-3" fron APL.

Thank you Pr3tty for making this thread.

Happy growing ladies :meme:

Hi everyone,
At the moment I don't have any particular products that I want to try. The week before last I wanted to try castor oil and I started using it, adding it to a bottle of coniditioner Black & Beautiful (Organic) Tea Tree Conditioner and use it as a pre-poo, no heat, I just leave it overnight. I am willing to try and product that will give me intense moisture, if anyone knows of any such poduct, PLEASE let me know thanx. I am listed as having 4a type hair but after close observation I have two types of hair texture, I guess 4b. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!! I am totally lost when it comes to some of these abbreviations! for example: APL, MTG, MN etc.

Can someone please clue me in.
Also co-washing is that just putting a product in your hair prior to washing it?

Hello

My goal is to reach MBL by the end of this year. I'm a little short, so maybe I can reach BSL. I just subscribed on Feb 6th. I finally have gotten the courage to say something. Right now my hair is in braids, unfortunately a bunch of hair came out with a braid today (and they're new). My hair is natural, and I have lots, so it's difficult to style, so I like braiding and doing styles with fake hair etc. I have had long hair before, but it broke when my mom permed it. I've mostly been natural. I think I've gotten a perm less than 10 times during my life. If it will make my hair longer, I'll try again though. This is my first post I'm trying to get use to making posts.

Thanks

Your hair looks great!! I love it!! Thati s how I would want my hair to look.

Thanks! :grin:

Ok...let's see about the acronyms::spinning:
SL= Shoulder Length
APL= Arm Pit length
MN = Miconazole Nitrate (like monistat, supposed to be a growth agent)
MTG=Mane Tail Groom (or something like that, Made by Glover's, it's another growth agent that is traditionally used for horses, but started out as a people product)
MBL = Mid Back Length
BSL=Bra Strap Length
Cones= Silicones, debate as to whether products containing these are good for your hair or not
Niko's Cousin=Nikos Dimopoulos is the site administrator for the page (see very bottom of webpage), so the code for ladies on the forum is "Nikos' Cousin" :lachen:
pre-poo=adding an agent to your hair to let it saturate before washing
co-wash=instead of using shampoo to wash hair, use conditioner (supposed to be less stringent and drying for frequent washers)
ACV=Apple Cider Vinegar. (Supposed to be good for scalp or growth or something. People mix it with other natural ingredients and use as a rinse and I think I read some folks also drink it to promote healthy hair and scalp and to promote growth)
BC=Big Chop. Ladies who are "transitioning" from a relaxer or tex-lax (more texturized relaxer showing more of natural curl) to natural hair will often grow out their new growth to a manageable length and then BC all the relaxed ends off instead of growing out new growth gradually and cutting a little at a time, retaining length.
NG=New Growth

Let me know if you have another one and I think we can figure it out...

Last edited:
Henna scares me, too. But it does sound good. :look: I'm just not at the point where I can start mixing up stuff to put in my hair. Right now, I have to rely on the R&D of the major hair product companies to give me something packaged. :yep: I have a feeling that if I keep up with this forum, like I've been doing I will be there shortly, though...:lachen:

Girl u need no more thickness with ur lovely hair

Back