Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

So im gonna go and wash my DC (ORS Hair Mayo) out now. I had it in for 2 hours now, been on the phone talking that long:drunk:.. I hope my hair likes it b4 I kept it in longer than I wanted 2.

Your hair is lovely!!!:yep: WELCOME!!! What does the baking soda and ACV rinses do for you? Is it like a clarifier?

Thank You!!!

I began using backing soda/ACV/porosity control (all at the same time)after reading other member's postings. My hair was shedding/breaking/tangling on itself. These 3 products have helped greatly...shedding stopped 90-95% and it is SOOO soft now. Before it always felt dry. I think the BS clarified(mildly) and the ACV smoothed and strengthened(it feels stronger). I think the porosity control helps my hair absorb/retain more of the moisture when I condition.

I am a bona fide PJ and and will continue to try leave ins and conditioners until I find something that works.:yep::yep: I am considering Dominican products.

My hair appears to improve everytime I used the above 3 products . I am considering trimming up to the bra strap in an effort to thicken.My hair is thin/fine and my ends are so chewed up. I don't know what my hair type is.

I flat ironed for pics.I probably will not use direct heat again until next month's pic. I usually wear in a ponytail w/banana clip to mask the damage.

Last edited:
Well Im in it to win it so I'm game for any challenge. I have been deep conditioning once a week with ORS Replenishing Paks. I cwc (condition wash condition) atleast twice a week and cw because I work out 5 days a week. When I do cwc I use Garnier 3 minute deep conditioner. I use MTG about 3x's a week with SCurl the other days I use a CON leave in and seal with oil. For my sides only I use MN and Sulfur 8 because they need it bad. I also take biotin, MSM, Iron( I'm anemic), B-12, and a multi-vitamin. I know I am doing a bit much but with me working out 5 days a week for 1 hour, I need the vitamins especially since my eating habits dont include that much fruit and veggies. I am trying to do better on that end.

So im gonna go and wash my DC (ORS Hair Mayo) out now. I had it in for 2 hours now, been on the phone talking that long:drunk:.. I hope my hair likes it b4 I kept it in longer than I wanted 2.

So I have great news about my hair. I washed and DC'd today. My hair lovedddddddddddd everything I used omg I'm sooo excited. I had no breaking or shedding at allllll. Thats a first for me everrr. My hair is always shedding like crazy. I think I may have found my Regimen. Im in rollers now cant wait to see how it comes out later. My hair felt so much thicker for the first time. I can see a difference and Im sooo happy.

I wanted soo badly to take and post pics but my friend has my cam and its like pulling tooth trying 2 get it back.

Hey Pr3tty!!! Ain't it great to find something that your hair likes! I'm gonna have to try this ORS cause it seems to give alot of ladies good results:yep:.

So I have great news about my hair. I washed and DC'd today. My hair lovedddddddddddd everything I used omg I'm sooo excited. I had no breaking or shedding at allllll. Thats a first for me everrr. My hair is always shedding like crazy. I think I may have found my Regimen. Im in rollers now cant wait to see how it comes out later. My hair felt so much thicker for the first time. I can see a difference and Im sooo happy.

I wanted soo badly to take and post pics but my friend has my cam and its like pulling tooth trying 2 get it back.

Welcome All_Me!!!!!!!!!!:dance7:

Well Im in it to win it so I'm game for any challenge. I have been deep conditioning once a week with ORS Replenishing Paks. I cwc (condition wash condition) atleast twice a week and cw because I work out 5 days a week. When I do cwc I use Garnier 3 minute deep conditioner. I use MTG about 3x's a week with SCurl the other days I use a CON leave in and seal with oil. For my sides only I use MN and Sulfur 8 because they need it bad. I also take biotin, MSM, Iron( I'm anemic), B-12, and a multi-vitamin. I know I am doing a bit much but with me working out 5 days a week for 1 hour, I need the vitamins especially since my eating habits dont include that much fruit and veggies. I am trying to do better on that end.

Hey Pr3tty!!! Ain't it great to find something that your hair likes! I'm gonna have to try this ORS cause it seems to give alot of ladies good results:yep:.

Yes it is Im soo happy but I must say I think it was the combo of silicon mix and ORS it really works Im so happy.
I've always asked myself how the hell am I gonna be able to tell what my hair likes or dont like now I know.

Ladies im so mad at myself.. I rollerset my hair last night and couldnt find the silk cover for my head so I put my DH do-rag over my roller and bc It didnt fit all the way so I put a shower plastic cap over that too. Well this morning my DH said omg ur hair is sooo wet take that plastic thing off. My hair was sooooo wet. I hope I didnt just hurt my hair bc I was doing so good.:sad:

Ladies im so mad at myself.. I rollerset my hair last night and couldnt find the silk cover for my head so I put my DH do-rag over my roller and bc It didnt fit all the way so I put a shower plastic cap over that too. Well this morning my DH said omg ur hair is sooo wet take that plastic thing off. My hair was sooooo wet. I hope I didnt just hurt my hair bc I was doing so good.:sad:

Sorry to hear about that...I know you were so excited last night. Did you get under the dryer or will you let it air dry?

Recently I increased the number of hair covers that I have to about 5 to make sure that I can always find one. I also needed quite a few as my DH is not always fond of the smells from the oils that I use and I change them often.

I'm sure it didn't do any damage. It just sweated itself out. I would just start over and wash and rollerset again. I had to do that before, but it didn't have any negative affects.

awww man...thats so sad to hear. You def. have to let us know how it turned out (hopefully for the best)...I pick up a new satin scarf everytime i go to Sallys because i used to always lose mine and end up sleeping with nothing on my head (my pre lhcf days)...I relaxed my hair today using ORS. It came out really good. I am about to upload the pics to my FOTKI right now (and then go watch the grammys!! :grin::drunk::yep:)

Sorry to hear about that...I know you were so excited last night. Did you get under the dryer or will you let it air dry?

Recently I increased the number of hair covers that I have to about 5 to make sure that I can always find one. I also needed quite a few as my DH is not always fond of the smells from the oils that I use and I change them often.

I only have 1 and my DH washed it and I didnt know where it was and he was out. I went to sleep to let it air dry. Im letting it air dry again with nothing covering the rollers. Im about to take the rollers out now bc my hair feels dry and its hanging from the rollers. I have my fingers cross 4 the result.

awww man...thats so sad to hear. You def. have to let us know how it turned out (hopefully for the best)...I pick up a new satin scarf everytime i go to Sallys because i used to always lose mine and end up sleeping with nothing on my head (my pre lhcf days)...I relaxed my hair today using ORS. It came out really good. I am about to upload the pics to my FOTKI right now (and then go watch the grammys!! :grin::drunk::yep:)

I will let u ladies know and Im mad I dont have my cam. Im gonna relax in march and im thinking of using ORS or Mizani still didnt make up my mind yet.

Ok ladies I took out my rollers and my hair looks wonderful. I love it. No shedding for the first time with dry hair. OMG Im sitting on top of the world.:grin:

I need my cam back:sad:

I would like to thank everyone of you ladies equally 4 supporting this thread. For posting and making everyone feel welcome.

So I know there is a feature of the month on this site and I figure we would have a feature of the week for our newbie 08 challenge or a MVP.

For this week with the most post and helping to keep this thread alive our feature of the week is

FIYA'SLOVECHILD :grin:

To Fiya'slovechild I want say thank u for ur help in keeping this thread on the first page:yep: so its right there when we come on and easy to get to. Also for ur advice and support to all of us.

Ladies plz help me in saying thank u to Fiya'slovechild.

We also have a lot of other ladies who were very close who's support is amazing and keeps this thread going also and thats y we will continue to have our feature of the week. Just to say thank u

I would like to thank everyone of you ladies equally 4 supporting this thread. For posting and making everyone feel welcome.

So I know there is a feature of the month on this site and I figure we would have a feature of the week for our newbie 08 challenge or a MVP.

For this week with the most post and helping to keep this thread alive our feature of the week is

To Fiya'slovechild I want say thank u for ur help in keeping this thread on the first page:yep: so its right there when we come on and easy to get to. Also for ur advice and support to all of us.

We also have a lot of other ladies who were very close who's support is amazing and keeps this thread going also and thats y we will continue to have our feature of the week. Just to say thank u

:blush::blush: Thanks so much Pretty. I'm just glad to be involved with you all in hair growing. you ladies are very nice and wonderful.

I'm not a newbie, but i might as well be :) I'd love to join in on the challenge...my hair journey has been quite an interesting one...

*grew my hair out to APL in 2006
*chopped it off to go natural in 2007
*by the end of 2007 my hair had grown approx. 4inches but my whole crown broke off leaving me with 1/2 inch in my crown.
*Currently wearing a sew in for 2008 to grow my hair back out...and eventually relax again.

Ok ladies I took out my rollers and my hair looks wonderful. I love it. No shedding for the first time with dry hair. OMG Im sitting on top of the world.:grin:

I need my cam back:sad:

WHOOHOO!! :circle: I was worried there for a minute. Pr3tty, you sleep in magnetic rollers? I am a hard sleeper, my rollers and hair would be all over the floor. I have to pin curl my hair at night. :lachen:

Last edited:

ITA!! ("I totally agree" for my fellow newbies!:lachen:) Thanks Fiya'slovechild for keeping us on Page 1 and not so much for making me want to get color in my hair, which is a nono for me! :drunk:

Thank You!!!

I began using backing soda/ACV/porosity control (all at the same time)after reading other member's postings. My hair was shedding/breaking/tangling on itself. These 3 products have helped greatly...shedding stopped 90-95% and it is SOOO soft now. Before it always felt dry. I think the BS clarified(mildly) and the ACV smoothed and strengthened(it feels stronger). I think the porosity control helps my hair absorb/retain more of the moisture when I condition.

I am a bona fide PJ and and will continue to try leave ins and conditioners until I find something that works.:yep::yep: I am considering Dominican products.

My hair appears to improve everytime I used the above 3 products . I am considering trimming up to the bra strap in an effort to thicken.My hair is thin/fine and my ends are so chewed up. I don't know what my hair type is.

I flat ironed for pics.I probably will not use direct heat again until next month's pic. I usually wear in a ponytail w/banana clip to mask the damage.

oooohhhh, OK. Thanks for the info. I say if it's working keep on keepin' on...:yep:

:welcome: noemi and jaded faerie!

Last edited:
I just want to update :)

Last night I dc'ed on dry hair with Aphogee's 2 min reconstructor for about 40 mins then rinsed and air dried with Keracare's leave in, hairdress, and sealed with some coconut oil. I also used a tiny bit of Motions serum. I tied my hair down with a scarf, and when I woke up today my hair was super flat and soft (bit damp, though). I didn't have any breakage and I may have just found my valentine, aridrying.

This is definitely going to help me stretch my relaxers (I'm a relax every 4 weeks kinda gal), and I plan on adding this to my reggie.:yep:

I was finally able to post a picture in the avatar. Geez.. I feel so slow. Anyhow I took this picture two weeks ago after I dusted my ends. I tried to post a picture in the thread, but my pictures were too large so it didn't take. Does anyone have any better ideas on how to post pictures that are the right size for posting?

Here is my current regimen:

Wash hair once weekly w/creme of nature. DC w/heat. Moisturize at night with s-curl(thanks LHCFfor that one!) & ORS olive oil. I'm learning to roller set, so this is a challenge. For the most part i wear my hear back in a ponytail. I only wear my down the first week of a new perm. Last month was the first time ever...that i washed my hair and didnt blowfry my hair..(and i wondered why my hair never grew!)

Ok, I washed my sisters hair and rollerset it Thursday and it came out great. Her hair sheds alot and after the set it didn't shed at all, however, yesterday it finally went back to shedding alot. I put some leave-in on it the day before yesterday, which didn't seem to help, so I put more leave-in on last night and sealed it with Castor Oil. If this doesn't stop the shedding do you all think shedding 3-4 days post wash means that she should wash/DC every 3-4 days?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie who will also be participating in the "get results" support thread. I posted an introduction last week and received very warm welcomes and encouragement. Right now, my hair is in a sew-in so I have no pics to post. I'm growing out from a short style, so I'll have a long way to go once I take this hair out (which will be soon, although I've only had the weave for a week, lol). I'm excited about starting this journey and I'm happy to have friends to help me along the way. :yawn:

Here is my intro that I posted for those of you who may not have seen it the first time:

Hello all...as with most newbies I've lurked the forum for several weeks, I've learned A LOT and I'm ready to participate! I decided to join the LHCF because I'm ready (once again) to grow me some hurr...(lol). I don't know where to begin! I have alot to say...I hope someone will listen. I've always been able to grow hair successfully with minimal trouble. My problem has always been EXTREMELY dry scalp. After years and years of chair hopping, going to different stylists no one has EVER offered me a solution to my problem except the obvious: (1) drink more water and (2) go to the dermatologist. After trying various medicated shampoos and having cultures done on my scalp skin, it was determined that my dandruff isn't fungal. I just have a DRY, DRY scalp. So, ok...I've said all that to say this...How is it, no one ever told me to MOISTURIZE and SEAL? No one ever told me about ESSENTIAL OILS! No one ever told me about CLARIFYING!:wallbash:

All these years I've been shampooing and conditioning once a week with a protein shampoo and conditioner (which I've learned, I don't need), applying gel and mousse to set my short hair. I'd never clarified, I'd been applying oil without moisturizing first, I'd never applied a leave-in...NO WONDER MY SCALP IS DRY, RIGHT???!!!

Since joining the LHCF I've learned so much about moisturizing (DCing & cowashing), sealing, claryifying...etc. I've even learned of the benefits of henna, indigo and ayurvedic methods. I feel like I've been living under a rock!

Currently, I'm short and texlaxed (I've been texlaxing for years but I never knew there was a name for it). My hair is about a 3C/4A (I'm guessing)...it's fine but very dense, medium curly when wet. My goal is to reach BSL by next June (2009). Right now I've put my hair away in a full sew-in which I don't do often, but I'm looking to bypass the in-between stage. The longest my hair has ever been is probably somewhere between APL and BSL. I at least want to get there...with a healthy scalp!

Lastly, I've been stockpiling products in the last week or so...When I take the weave out in a few weeks, I will begin my regimen with these products:

NTM Poo & Conditioner (moisture)
NTM Silk Leave in creme
Suave Coconut Oil Poo (clarifying)
Elasta QP H-Two Leave In (Water based moisture)
ORS Hair Mayo (DC Protein)
Carrier Oils: Coconut, Jojoba, Olive and Vatika Oil
Essential Oils: Pepperment and Rosemary
Boundless Tresses

As you can see, I'm a bit of a PJ. I think these things will give me a good start. I still need to add a few items, but this is what I have so far. My biggest obstacle will be determining what to do and when to do it. Any suggestions would be helpful. If I have something that you don't recommend in the list above, please let me know.

Thanks for listening! I look forward to everyone's input.

Back